[Frage] ipt_LOG: replace printk by syslog possible?

M66B

Mitglied
Mitglied seit
17 Feb 2010
Beiträge
225
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
To get output from ipt_LOG we have to do:

Code:
echo STD_PRINTK > /dev/debug

which disables DECT too, unfortunately.

I was wondering if it is possible (will it work? disadvantages?) to replace all printk calls by syslog calls.
 
I don't understand your idea. The kernel doesn't do syslogd calls!? This printks are passed through klogd to the syslog.

Regards
Oliver
 
I am not sure how it all works, but most packages are able to write to the syslog by calling the 'regular' syslog function (the one defined in syslog.h). So I was wondering why iptables couldn't do that too. So I looked into the source of ipt_LOG and saw it was using the printk function. Maybe there are good reasons why printk is being used, like speed and thread safety, so I asked here first if somebody knows more about this.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,924
Beiträge
2,305,261
Mitglieder
378,649
Neuestes Mitglied
DiamondExchangeNetwork