Please Help - my fritz fon ATA died

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

marcin.a

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello to Everybody,

I deeply hope that you can help me...
I received my Fritz Box Fon ATA today (bought at ebay) with German AVM firmware. After pluggin it in, I checked the firmware version - which was (I am not certain here) something 11.03.65 - so I decided to upgrade it to the last one downloaded from the AVM website.

I started the upgrade via the www panel and after several minutes, the info led was not blinking so I tried to refresh the page in the browser...
And from this moment the unit is almost dead. It does not responds to any "signals" from my PC (accessing the 192.168.178.254 at the browser nor pings). It also stopped giving my network card the IP number via DHCP. After I set it manually to 192.168.178.20 did not help at all...
I tried the file "fritz.box_fon_ata.04.01.recover-image.exe" and after rebboting my system, connecting the ATA to WAN port, unplugging and plugging the mains - the program finds the unit at 192.168.178.2 and says something like: "Eine Anlage gefunden
Ermitteln der aktuellen Version
Auslesen der Version gescheitert
danit die Anderung wirksam wir" - than it reboots again and nothing changes...

I tried to connect the unit to the phone line and my phone and it is totally transparent to the phone - after picking up the receiver I get the PSTN line. The power led is ON and that is all that I get form the unit.

Is this the end of it? What shall I do?
I am begging you for some help, since it I had not even any time to play with it and I broke it already.
:beerdigu:
FYI I do not have the recover.exe file on my CD

I would reaaaaaally appreciate some help.
TIA and Best Regards

One more thing...
When I connect it via USB, the connection icon appears, says the Network card is Fritz but the cable is disconnected

Maybe someone could help me with sending the 11.03.65 firmware and the recovery.exe file ??? Maybe this is the way to go???

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
uhm... how can you upgrade the Firmware if you can't access the box anymore? I couldn't find a recovery.exe on the avm webpage but I can send you the latest firmware (11.04.01) if you wish.
I am using a Fritz!Box 7050 at home. I will check the avm CD for a recovery.exe.
It would be the best to write an email to the support team. I am sure there is someone speaking english. They should know whether or not there is a way to fix the box.

One more thing: I am not sure if I understood your post correctly:
You tried to access the box via 192.168.178.254, right? But did you set your IP to 192.168.178.x? Because as far as I know DCHP doesn't work in case you need to use the "emergency" IP.

Thank You for the response,

Yes, I do remember about changing my network card IP to 192.168.178.20 - but it did not help.

I contacted the AVM support and they also advised to use the recovery file.
So I tried to use the recovery file for the firmware 11.04.01 that I downloaded not from the AVM website, but from their ftp. After 20 or 30 attempts I am sad to say that it does not work. Almost everytime I was getting the same message again and again: "Auslesen der Version gescheitert" and just once it started to load the firmware to the box, but after a few seconds it stopped saying that:
"ine Anlage gefunden! - Ermitteln der aktuellen Version.
Version erfolgreich ermittelt!
Hardware: FRITZ!Box Fon ata
Urlader: 97
Firmware: 11.04.01
Recover der Partition mtd2 fehlgeschlagen! WinError 1460"

After this "few seconds of hope" I again tried to use the file but no luck again.

I found somewhere on the web the recovery.exe file (about 100 kb) and tried to use it with the 11.04.01 firmware according to the instruction that I found on this forum but I can not succeed either. When I connect the box and execute the command recovery.exe -f ... it first finds the box and that gives me the following note:

"C:\fritz>recover.exe -f fritz.box_fon_ata.11.04.01.image
recover.exe: Firmware von fritz.box_fon_ata.de.11.04.01.image geladen
recover.exe: Suche FRITZ!Box ...
recover.exe: 0.0.0.0:5035: failed to send UDP-datagram to 255.255.255.255:5035 -
WSAEHOSTUNREACH - no route to host (10065)
recover.exe: dgramcomplete: to: 255.255.255.255:5035 len=16 err=10065 id=1795686
recover.exe: error = 2"

Afterwards, all I get is this: "C:\fritz>recover.exe -f fritz.box_fon_ata.11.04.01.image
recover.exe: error = 9"
or this: "recover.exe: Keine FRITZ!Box gefunden
recover.exe: error = 1"

I do not know what I can try else...:( Maybe try the recover.exe with the 11.03.65 firmware ? But I do not have it...
Meanwhile I contacted the AVM support via phone and it seems that I will receive an replacement unit... Hopefully I do not break this one down also. :mad:
Thanks for your support and Best Regards

Sorry, for such a long text, but after reading the forum - I think that my case is similar to this case:
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=104682&highlight=fritz+ata
at least the first part (power led is on, the phone is transferred to the PSTN line, etc).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ok, so the problem is not solved but at least you will get a new box! Hopefully it will have the latest firmeware in english. So you don't need to mess it up ;)

MadScientist schrieb:
Ok, so the problem is not solved but at least you will get a new box! Hopefully it will have the latest firmeware in english. So you don't need to mess it up ;)

Thanks :) But knowing my recent luck, I will most probably hire someone to even do the settings and will not try to even touch the box myself :rolleyes:
But seriously, since the original box is a German version, I think that the new one will be "in German" also - which with my knwowledge of only 2 words in German will be probably a problem to set it up correctly... But I rather spend next 2 months on doing this than try to mess up with the firmware again :confused:

Best Regards

what about a language course? ;)

But I have read in this forum that there are also english versions out there. And since the people from AVM know that you don't speak that language, it would olny make sense if they send you an international one. If avaliable for that box of course :)

with all the thanks and respect :rock: for the AVM support for sending me (hopefully soon) the replacement box I deeply doubt that they will come up with the idea to provide me with the international version... As I heard, the AVM Germany only supports the AVM German versions, for the international AVME units they have their own resellers / representatives... And the help that I received from my "local" reseller is not even worth to mention. BTW my unit was purchased in Germany.
The Fritz Box Fon ATA 1020 is available in the international versions (both Swiss and English) and as I read on this forum there is a chance to convert it from German to English... But with my current experience I strongly doubt that I would dare... :blonk:

Just as an update I would like to inform you that my "new" Fritz Box ATA arrived - Thank you AVM support ! :)
The box is a freenet edition, firmware 11.03.45 - but this time I succesfully updated it to 11.04.01.
And after a few hours with an online GE - EN translator I finally managed to set it up and now it's working like a charm. Finally :cool:
I just have one question - is this original firmware (11.03.45) indicates that the unit is a bit old? - just wondering.

thanks for support

It is possible that this box was on stock for a while. But I didn't hear/read anything about hardware modifications. So I think your box is up-to-date now. Have fun and don't mess anything up ;)

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.