Please help with my FBF Wlan and English

darbid

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
Ok guys sorry for my English but I cannot do this in German.

I have just got an old Fritz Box fon Wlan which has a Version 08.01.09.

1. I was hoping that the GUI would be the same as for the 7050 especially so that I could have many VoiP providers registered but this only allows 2 providers. Can I change this to be like the 7050?

2. Then the question you all probably hate from us English speakers. How the hell do you get it into English.

I have read here http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=96492&highlight=convert+FBF+english

and http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=93808

I have tried to take the branding away with the "fritz_als_avm.tar" from http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=68979

This did not work. It says it was erfolgreich but when it restarts there is still the (UI) which means it is still branded, doesn’t it?

I have tried to update with the German and English update but that did not work either. It also says that the update was successful but then it still shows the old version.

Can you please help.

ps if I need this recover.exe file I cannot find it on my cd.

edit do not read my signature it is wrong

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I have got the firmware updated by finding some old update first and then doing the new one.

Also got the (UI) out of it as well.

Now to get it to english.???????? Where do i get this recovery.exe file from?

Darbid,

afaik there are different versions of recover.exe, best write to support (at) avm.de letting them know the details (FBF model, Firmware etc.). It might take 2-3 days for them to answer, but they are usually very helpful.

hth,
Tin

Thanks I will do that.

Got a worse problem now. With the latest version because the dam thing is in German I turned I think the ability for it to act as a modem off and then below was something else which I ticked. And now nothing. I cannot ping the box anymore I have lost its IP address.

When I try to connect with LAN i get a limited or no conectivity status.

What the hell have i done. The Wlan is running but I that has the key turned on and I of course did not write down any of the keys.

How the hell can i get back into the box again. Please help.

I am an idiot.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Can you try it with USB?

Greets, Oliver

no there is no difference between lan or usb. it will not allocate an IP address is the problem.

I solved the problem myself. When all else fails read the trouble shooting section of the manual. FBF has a IP address that never changes and you just have to allocate your computer an IP address.

Thanks again to the people that had a go above.

Have you seen this topic?

Greets, Oliver

No i had not found that one. Thank you. I am a little scared to play with it. But I will try.

I have asked AVM if they support a change from german to english.

By the way even though this IP-Forum is a German forum the Firtz Box really has little support outside germany. Who do I write to to ask if we could have a section in the AVM part of this forum named "English Help" where all the threads were in english.

darbid schrieb:
By the way even though this IP-Forum is a German forum the Firtz Box really has little support outside germany. Who do I write to to ask if we could have a section in the AVM part of this forum named "English Help" where all the threads were in english.

User "Christoph" is the owner and maintainer of this board. You may write him a pm or post your request in this section. He was asked this question before some time ago and said that english postings would be ok, but no specific english speaking section. Worth another request anyway.

hth,
Tin

Hello darbid,

have you checked this:

http://ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=97250
(Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version)

I started this thread when AVM told me it is impossible to convert the German box to the International one.

Have a look at it and let us know.

Cheers,

opensoft ;)

Thank you Haveaniceday it seems as you are the legend of the box. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
#Kuddel#
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.