RADVD fails to start

poruid

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
When rc.radvd start is run, it produces the following result:
Code:
/var/mod/root # /etc/init.d/rc.radvd start 
Set ipv6 address: 2001:xxxx:yyyy::1/64 already set.
Set ipv6 forwarding...done.
Starting radvd...[Dec 27 11:32:25] radvd: setsockopt(IPV6_RECVPKTINFO): Protocol not available
failed.
The syslog does not yield any extra information that would be helpfull.

I use radvd to advertise the IPv6 2001:xxxx:yyyy::/64 sub network prefix.
It is started after rc.aiccu has succeeded and IPv6 firewall rules have been set.
Currently my freetz revison is trunk 2920 (04.67 fw). When I ran 2887 (last 04.59 fw) before, radvd worked flawlessly.

Any ideas?
Has anyone radvd running with the 04.67 firmware?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Rebuilded from a clean checkout against r2945, but starting radvd still gives:
Code:
Jan  2 10:43:46 fritz daemon.err radvd[1865]: setsockopt(IPV6_RECVPKTINFO): Protocol not available
A google search for this error yields no hint, except that WRT has had this error with 2.4 kernels, due to defferent definitions of IPV6_RECVPKTINFO under kernel 2.4. and 2.6. The radvd socket.c source contains the system call that fails.

Can you please attach a strace log of this?

Regards
Oliver

strace

Can you please attach a strace log of this?
Oliver

see attached output from
Code:
strace -f -r -T -v /etc/init.d/rc.radvd start

My IPv6 subnetwork prefix has been replaced with 2001:xxxx:yyyy.

Anhänge

• rc.radvd.strace.gz
    9.1 KB · Aufrufe: 5
Could you provide us please your config? Which revision do you use? Tag or trunk?

Could you provide us please your config? Which revision do you use? Tag or trunk?

What are you looking for in my config?
The revison: devel trunk 2945, but the problem with radvd showed up when I changed from r2887 to r2920, since than all revisons I've builded, even from a fresh checkout and with a newly created config, have a non-starting radvd.

There seems to be an issue with your uclibc or something like that i think. I just wanted to clear out, if there is any config-issue. Also i would try to rebuild everything new with "make clean". Don't really think that will fix your problem, but i had often strange issues if i checked out a new version and did just a "make".

Anyhow, radvd should work like a charm. If you could provide me your .config and perhaps the config-file of your radvd, we could find an issue.

Thanks for giving us the informations... :spocht:

Um mal einen alten Thread wieder aufzuwärmen: Das Problem, um das es hier ging, ist zumindest bei mir wieder da:
Code:
/var/mod/root # /etc/init.d/rc.radvd start
Starting radvd ... [Aug 20 15:19:53] radvd: setsockopt(IPV6_RECVPKTINFO): Protocol not available
failed.
Könnte das mit dem Patch aus r5476 zusammenhängen?
Config ist im Anhang.

Anhänge

• config.txt
    23.4 KB · Aufrufe: 5
@HAL 9000: Hast Du ein uclibc-dirclean ausgeführt? Oder mit einem frischen Checkout neu kompiliert? Damit sollte es klappen.

uclibc-dirclean hatte ich probiert, hat nichts gebracht. Nach einem make distclean gehts jetzt aber.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.