SOT with standalone box

SGDA

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I'mn't german speaking. I got an equivalent of IP1101 with an empty CF (erased). I don't understand if SOT can run in a standalone box or if we need original maxdome's CF.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello, i think SOT is running on every WinCE SetTop Box.
But it can you must do small Changes, since the PKFClient.exe is normaly not started automatically.
Try this, make all Instructions from the installation PDF File.
Than reboot your SetTopBox and start the PKFClient.exe in /Hard Disk

EDIT: Dont forgett before you change everything, make a copy of your CompactFlashCard !!!

ich fürchte, die sicherungskopie kann er sich sparen...
what he needs first, is a compatible cf-image for his device.

Wieso die Standalone Box muß halt nur booten können und das Windows CE starten. Oder sind die Teile "nackig" im Ausliefrungszustand?

Ich hatte die Anfrage so interpretiert, daß SGDA die cf-Karte seiner Thomson-ähnlichen Box gelöscht hat (bzw. eine solche nicht vorhanden ist) und nun hofft, das "SOT Betriebssystem" einspielen und seine Box somit wieder zum Leben erwecken zu können.

Natürlich wäre es auch vorstellbar, daß er mit "standalone box" ein lauffähiges CE-System meint.

stimmt habe das erased überlesen :) hast recht. Ohne orginalimage ist nix :)

I got an used STB form french ISP (Club-Internet or t-online.fr) which is not supported because they change their STB (kiss). I want use it as local player from my PC to my TV.
Now the current boot procedure waits for a loading from the ISP which can't answer before launching present NK.bin. So I want to know if SOT suite could replace old boot files or how to build a new CE suite.

@all: please only answer in english, otherwise SGDA can't understand what we ar talking about!

this just came through my mind:
here are some files, you need.
http://thomson.dreamgates.de/wiki/index.php?title=Download_Original-Dateien (I am NOT responsible for these files! the poster is the only responsible!!!)
I don't know if they are legal, but these are the same which are on our STB.

load them, maby they are deleted soon!

here is an other file you will probably need to boot the box:
ip1100boot.cfg schrieb:
OSVersion=38.04
OSImageName=NK.bin
EngineVersion=48.02
EngineName=PKFClient.exe
ROMVersion=28.03
ROMImageName=fwh.bin
SNMP.Agent=0
@mods: i don't think that there is a copyright on this file. when you're not sure, delete it, thanks.

the other problem will be the bootloader. i don't think that der is a copyright on a CF-image only containing the partitiontables and the MBR. this should solve you problem.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
SGDA!
Now the current boot procedure waits for a loading from the ISP which can't answer before launching present NK.bin.
The NK.bin contains an image of the OS to be launched. If there is no NK.bin on your CF-Card there will be no OS.
So follow Meatwads links and copy the Files to the card. Don't forget to manually create the ip1100boot.cfg on the card.

Joe

Hi,
I was a little in hurry. I copied on the CF the following files
fw.bin, NK.bin, boot.cfg and pkfclient.exe

I launched again my STB...and I discover that it boots from network (bootp I suppose). First all files are erased, then
Boot.prf, boot.arc.bootlog.txt and boopref.bak are created

I connect it to network and after a long time NK.bin and application (TV2Client.exe) are loaded. I don't test if it's running as the box is not connected to TV. But my purpose it is not to used this system.

So I suppose bootp parameters are written in bios. Anyone knows how to access to bios parameters. Up to now my only connexion is through serial port.

Best regards.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
fritz8520
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.