Strange VPN Internet problem

bedwar22

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
17 Nov 2006
Beiträge
3
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
this may not be exactl the right place to ask but I cannot think where else to try.

I am in Turkey in business and tried accessing a site which has been banned here so all I got was the Turkish Telekomsite banned message. With help from this site I got a VPN conection up and running to my Fritzbox at home in Germany. I have checked the connection with showmyip and it shows a german location. Even with this now when I try to access the site in question I still get the Turkish ban message. How can this be? I thought the VPN tunnel stopped them seeing any information.

I would be grateful for any info as to why this does not work

thanks
bedwar22
 
That is odd.

I believe that Turkey does most of its filtering using DNS. Have you tried setting your DNS to Google's servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)?
 
Thanks for those tips. I dont know if I am doing something wrong though. I changed the DNS server for my laptop adapter and on the fritzbox just to be sure and I still get the ban notice even though showmyip is still showing located in Germany.
As a last attemp I will see if I can get it to work under Ubuntu with shrew just incase its a win 7 thing. Ill keep you posted
 
You have to setup your Client and Fritzbox to route everything through VPN Connection.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,930
Beiträge
2,305,606
Mitglieder
378,657
Neuestes Mitglied
tacohell