W900V is unstable and too Slow. How is the FritzBox 7270?

Asxetos

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi All, again I am sorry but my German is not good enough for this, so i will ask in English.

I have been using a Siemens SX541 for 3 years in Greece with no problem thanks to this forum. As an upgrade I have ordered a T-Com W900V (mainly for the DECT part) and got it 2 days ago.

Out of the box the W900V does not agree with my dsl situation. I live far from the telecom center, and 8 Mbit is the best i could do with the SX541. W900V only did 2-4 Mbit. I upgraded the box with the Speed-to-fritz firmware and thinks got better (dsl speed), BUT:

1. Very unstable compared to the SX541. Frequent disconnections and reboots.

2. Not as fast (again for the dsl speed) as SX541.

3. Tooooo Slooowww interface. Many functions, but a heavy load for such a slow cpu.

In the end, i am going back running to Siemens.

Now the question: How is the the FritzBox 7270 concerning dsl connection speed, stability and interface speed?

Any answer will be appreciated as i do not want to spend the money for it if i have the same problems...

Thanks, Asxetos.

You may try differnt DSL drivers and settings, if you need help contact ernest015 he will help you to find the best solutiuon for you.

Thanks Jpascher, you always try to help.

What worry ed me most were the frequent cold reboots in the middle of a phone call or a download.

Disconnections and retraining i always had 1-2 a week. It is normal with a line distance as mine.
But no reboots.
That shows either a serious firmware bug, or perhaps overheating of a component.

Any way thank you.

I will give the fresh script a go...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
What worry ed me most were the frequent cold reboots in the middle of a phone call or a download.

I dont recall any reports with your syntom, but may be there are simmular reports anyware.

Soemware in the back of my head i rember that W900 users complain about this with the original firmware.
Anyway there must be more as ones cirumstance and condition that lead to this reboots.
I never had this problem at all with my W900 box.

It also could still be a hardwareproblem, specially the powersupplay!

Even it only ocours with a newer Firmware it still can be the powersupply.

Powersaving mode is a active process so depending on the state and the load of the system the powersupplay is more or less loaded and could result in to low Voltage on the output if overload ocures on the powersupply becaus it is on its limit.

If it comes back to your loss of connection this may be the same problem or it could be solved with changing ether the DSL settings or even changing the DSL driver.

This is a reasonable suggestion, and i agree, a very possible cause for this kind of problems. It should be simple to check as it is a fairly standard 12V power supply...

Regards, Asxetos.

But with a usual mutymeter you may not see the very short breaks within the the stady parts of the 12V, if you have a oscilloscope then you could trigger this.

Thanks for the warning, i know what you mean.

When i said simple to test, i had in mind using a different power supply.
My current routers power supply is also 12V, but with a higher current capability.

Asxetos...

OK, we understand each ohter!

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.