1&1 250DSL and Vigor 165?

microfoundry

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Greetings - I've been a 1 & 1 customer and have followed the progression of 16-> 50-> 100-> 250 Mbit service as my neighborhood has been upgraded. My previous deployment of 100 Mbit with a Vigor 130 worked well and even after the service was upgraded to 250 Mbps, the 130'er continued to function, although it would max out at 120 Mbps (no surprise). The Fritz! Box 7520 delivered with the upgrade works as expected. But when I try to configure a Vigor 165, I never receive a PPPoE connection. This is tested with 2 different routers that both function at 100 Mbit and with 130 modem. I've tried to configure the 165's as I normally would with PPPoE pass through and PPPoE at the 165's. Sadly I never get a connection.

Is there anyone else currently utilizing a Vigor 165 with 250 Mbit 1&1?

I'm looking for suggestions...

-Terry

Blame Google Translate:
Grüße - Ich war 1 & 1-Kunde und habe den Fortschritt des 16-> 50-> 100-> 250-Mbit-Dienstes verfolgt, als meine Nachbarschaft aufgerüstet wurde. Meine vorherige Bereitstellung von 100 MBit mit einer Vigor 130 funktionierte einwandfrei, und selbst nachdem der Dienst auf 250 MBit / s aktualisiert wurde, funktionierten die 130 weiterhin, obwohl sie maximal 120 MBit / s erreichen würden (keine Überraschung). Die Fritz!Box mit dem Upgrade gelieferte Box 7520 funktioniert wie erwartet. Wenn ich jedoch versuche, eine Vigor 165 zu konfigurieren, erhalte ich keine PPPoE-Verbindung. Dies wird bei 100 Mbit / s mit 130 Modem getestet. Ich habe die 165 so konfiguriert, wie ich es normalerweise tun würde, um PPPoE-Passthrough mit Bridge-Modus (und Vollbridge-Modus) zu verwenden. Ich habe auch versucht PPPoE auf den 165er Jahren. Leider bekomme ich nie eine Verbindung.

Verwendet derzeit noch jemand eine Vigor 165 mit 250 Mbit / s 1 & 1?

Ich suche Vorschläge ...

- Terry

Is there anyone else currently utilizing a Vigor 165 with 250 Mbit 1&1?
Yes, there are a few people who use the Vigor 165 with 1und1 SVVDSL (VDSL250).

I'm looking for suggestions...
First:
Do you use VID7 on the WAN interface? Without VLAN-Tagging no PPPoE-Connection.

Second:
Do you have WIA or L2-BSA (Versatel) Access? With the 7520 you can get it out. Important is the "Broadband PoP" listed under System > Ereignisse > Internetverbindung.
It's WIA if the Breitband-PoP Name has the following scheme: lllJnn (e.g. BIBJ00, WTTJ01, ...), then you also need a Prefix for the PPPoE-Username (H1und1/...). With L2-BSA (Versatel) this Prefix ist not needed. See also the following Topics:
https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threa...outer-bei-vdsl-100.298984/page-2#post-2274125
https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threa...it-vectoring-1und1.278040/page-4#post-2282649

For booth:
The Fritzbox automatically set the VID7 and uses the Username-Prefix when the internal DSL-Modem is used.

Thank you NDIIPP for the follow up.

# 1: Yes - I have VID7 set on the WAN interface. I've tried it both from the 165'er itself OR from the router (Ubiquiti USG P4 or Linksys w/DD-WRT)
# 2: Learned something new today with regards to the PoP info. Mine reports as STGJ11 ... But unfortunately this is not the case as I've always prefixed the H to my username. (though I did try it both with and without)

If it was not for the fact of my FB7520 or 130'ers functions correctly, I would think there are issues at the telco end of things. Plus I have tried two Vigor 165 modems, as DrayTek thought the first to be defective.

With the configuration being so simple to setup, I am at a total loss as to why this is failing to work... Unless I'm just lucky enough to get 2 defective 165'ers...

Most probably, the modems are not defective. But that's easy to find out: If the DSL connection is set up and in sync, then the modem is fine. The setup of the PPPoE connection is the task of the router.

@KunterBunter - you are correct from the aspect of the base modem functionality completing the task of training a connection to the DSL-Exchange @ 140m away. (Adtran Broadcom 192.85)

With regards to PPPoE, I can take my Vigor 130 and plug it into this circuit and it will Train and PPPoE (from router) will create a successful connection, but will max out at 120Mbit due to lack of Super Vectoring 35b profile support.
With the Vigor 165, I plug it in and it will take no less than 3 minutes to complete the Training. Afterwards no PPPoE connection is ever created. I have tried and failed with:
1. Full Bridge Mode / PPPoE at the Router/ VLAN 7 at Vigor 165
2. Full Bridge Mode / PPPoE at the Router/ VLAN 7 at Router
3. Bridge Mode / PPPoE at the Router / VLAN 7 at the 165'er (most like the 130'er setup)
4. PPPoE at the 165
5. PPPoE from a client workstation
So to your point, the DSL moden functionality is working, but I believe there is an issue in the overall functionality of the Vigor 165 (i.e., firmware?) and my DSL Exchange.

My next task is to swap back to my USG router and see if the logs can provide more information with regards to the PPPoE failure. I'll start with my 130 that will connect then try the 165 setup in standard Bridge Mode (like the 130) and see what is reported...

Hooking up to the USG was helpful enough to get things up and running. I discovered one issue and tripped over another...

1. I was receiving PADO packet errors at the USG which is traditionally a VLAN induced error. The Vigor 165 has 2 places for VDSL VLAN Settings, one in the "Customer" column and a second in the "Service" column. They BOTH need to be set to 7...
2. I also received PPP authentication error. This one really confused me as I know the UID and PWD where correct as they both functioned with the Vigor 130. But then I realized my password had a "z" character in it. And based on other instances of German equipment and my browser trying to convert things to English, I've had other authentication issues when the PWD contains a "z" or a "y". So I reset the PWD for that account avoiding those 2 characters and was finally able to make a connection. (happens on my FritzBox login too)

I'm really happy as I see 175-240Mbit Down and typically 39Mbit Up with 9-12ms ping times...

Thank y'all for the support and suggestions

@microfoundry: Thank you for your execution which are very interesting.

I have the same problem with the Vigor 165 and my 1und1 contract (250MB).

Regarding point 1: should the VLAN tag for "Customer" and "Service" on Vigor 165 be on 7.
Regarding point 2: I also have a character "z" on my pwd. So the FiritzBox has no problmem with it. Should it still be changed to a pwd without the characters "z and y" when i use Vidor 165?

Is it possible to get a screenshot from you for the setting in Vigor 165 "Internet Access >> MPoA / Static or dynamic IP"?

I use "UniFi Dream Machine". Do I have to set the VLAN tag here too or just set it to "disable"?

Thanks in advance for the support.

All,

I have exact the same problem. 1und1 DSL 250, Vigor 165 and Unifi Dream Machine. Vigor shows that DSL is available ("showtime") but I cannot get the PPPoE connection. When I connect with an old Fritzbox instead of the Vigor I can get a connection but capped at DSL100.

My username or password does not contain Z or Y. I tried with H1und1/xxxx as well as without the H but had no success.

Can you explain what you mean with the "customer" and "service" column. Where do I set this in the web gui of the vigor?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Best Manuela

Dear Manuela,

I was able to solve the problem on my own. At 1u1 almost all have an IP6 adress. That's what 1u1 calls DSL-Lite. It's an IP4 wrapped in IP6. The Vigor or Unifi can't handle it. I will say it like this I have not found how to configure this.
You can easily solve it, if you request an IP4 address at 1u1. Without any changes it worked for me immediately. You may have to set an "H" in front your username at the USG.
I wish you good luck.

VG, HY

Vigor → (WAN →) Internet Access → (General → WAN1 →) IPv6 → Type: PPP → Mode: Always On
Works here for a Dual-Stack enabled account. Can anyone re-test with DS-Lite?
Can you explain what you mean with the "customer" and "service" column. Where do I set this in the web gui of the vigor?
Vigor → (WAN →) Internet Access → General → (WAN1 →) VDSL2
Do you have the latest firmware: German, English, Latest?

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
osilayer7
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.