7141 and Annex A?

Thanks Alpamayo,

it works. Great.
I would like to do it by myself.
I downloaded ds26-15.2 (that one you worked on),
but it fails when applying the patchs.
It looks like the path of the files in the patch is not good.

But also it doesn't work with the last firmware (40.04.33 instead of 40.04.37).

Did you do all by yourself, or is there a new version, or some automatic patch to allow working on the last firmware ?

Thanks.

Hallo warp_be,

I didn't apply any patch except vfat-fix.patch.bz2 (available on this forum) that fixes a bug related to the usb port.
Also be aware that the only firmware that enables the dsl connection in annex A is 40.04.37. Earlier versions will NOT work. But friboli will download it automatically and, unless specified otherwise, will always use the latest firmware.

If you don't need ntfs support you shouldn't have any problems. (I was surprised you had some).

The version I currently made available, supports NTFS on usb ports and I was able to build it only because Olistudent showed me the way. It hasn't been easy.
The kernel needs to be recompiled and the whole process is a little complicated.

The web pages I used belong to the 7140 english version (as you probably guessed) which unfortunately has still an earlier firmware version.

Probably tomorrow I will post an updated version that fixes some aesthetic bugs (removed 3 of the 4 lan leds and added other minor features that were included to version 40.04.37 but not yet to the 7140 version).

Alpamayo

Hi,

i didn't use friboli, but my own linux install (redhat Fedora Core 3).
But there shouldn't be any difference, because ds-mod downloads
everything that it needs....including fritzbox-source-files-04.33.tar.bz2
and not the last 04.37
But it does it automatically, i didn't ask it to download one or another one.

I will try to recompile without adding any stuff, and let it go till the end...or the last error.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Oh, I see. I didn't choose to download the source files. In fact among the source files 04.33 is the latest available (I just checked).
So I recommend you download the .image file directly. That should solve the problems. Or .. at least some ... :cool:

Best luck

Alpamayo

Yep, maybe that's the trick,
but where do you choose not to download the sources ???

I looked at every option of make menuconfig, but none of them
allows to choose to download or not the sources.

Have you tried choosing:

Advanced options -> override firmware source -> below you can write the right path to the AVM ftp server and therefore to the 40.04.37 image.

Alpamayo

Post deleted

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I can now compile without any error.

Previously i was compiling in user mode, like requested,
but in "su" mode, so i guess that the user was inheriting some variables,
especially some path values, from root.

Now it's OK.

I just have to load the image to my box.
Let's see tonight.

Thanks.

warp_be schrieb:
I can now compile without any error.

Previously i was compiling in user mode, like requested,
but in "su" mode, so i guess that the user was inheriting some variables,
especially some path values, from root.

Now it's OK.

I just have to load the image to my box.
Let's see tonight.

Thanks.

:) Best luck with your firmware.

That's brilliant news! I can't wait to try this out, I'm hopefuly going to implement asterisk and an imap server running on the usb port.

I managed to retrieve the monies from eBay, so am looking for a 7141 right now. :)

I'm excited!

Hi all,

after transforming successfully from Annex B to Annex A, then from German to English, now i try to connect my analog phone to it.
The Y cable provided is on both sides with RJ45 connectors, and i need RJ11 connectors for the fixed line.

I did my own Y cable, according to what i see on the original Y cable, but it doesn't work.

Phone line before splitter (ADSL) : pin 4 & 5 => pin 4 & 5 on the Fritz!Box
Phone line after splitter (phone) : pin 4 & 5 => pin 1 & 2 on the Fritz!Box

If i do so, the ADSL is still OK, but my fixed-line phone doesn't work.

So my question : from the fixed-line point of view is the 7141 an "only-ISDN" box ?

Thanks.

warp_be schrieb:
Hi all,

after transforming successfully from Annex B to Annex A, then from German to English, now i try to connect my analog phone to it.
The Y cable provided is on both sides with RJ45 connectors, and i need RJ11 connectors for the fixed line.

I did my own Y cable, according to what i see on the original Y cable, but it doesn't work.

Phone line before splitter (ADSL) : pin 4 & 5 => pin 4 & 5 on the Fritz!Box
Phone line after splitter (phone) : pin 4 & 5 => pin 1 & 2 on the Fritz!Box

If i do so, the ADSL is still OK, but my fixed-line phone doesn't work.

So my question : from the fixed-line point of view is the 7141 an "only-ISDN" box ?

Thanks.
I haven't tried this so far, but, if I'm not mistaken the phone line pins on the fritz should be 3 and 6 (while DSL pins are 4 and 5).

Alpamayo

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
You're right.

But i really don't understand. On my Y-cable, the fixed-line pins are clearly 1 & 2
This cable is maybe only for ISDN....but the label on it mentions "ISDN/Analog TEL". (probably the other end is different from analog to ISDN)

Thanks (once again).

Hi,

I have a similar problem - have RJ45 ends in the Y cable that need to go into two RJ11 sockets.

Have you figured out how to make a Y cable? Appreciate your help. Keep in mind I have never really worked wih these cables before.

Cheers,
p

I had managed to convert the router to Annex-A, thanks to you guys.

However I have recently changed my ISP, which requires the following settings,
Select ETHoA or Routed Ethernet over ATM or 1483 Bridged connection
There is no login information required
Encapsulation : LLC
VPI : 0
VCI : 101
MTU: 1500

Can someone advise how I need to set it up. I tried the option for a bridged connection on the router, it keeps connecting and losing the connection.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

finally got a 7141

Hi there,
I received my 7141 today, it was already at 40.04.37. I used telnet to change environment to annex a, and it has successfully synced to my dsl line at the correct speed.

However I'm struggling with the German language, can someone link to specific instructions for this model and English firmware (annex A)?

That would really help me out,

Alasdair

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Osbeck
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.