.titleBar { margin-bottom: 5px!important; }

7170 Fw 58.04.57 + freetz-1.0.1-2836 + Openvpn

Dieses Thema im Forum "Freetz" wurde erstellt von massimilianonba, 18 Dez. 2008.

1. massimilianonba

massimilianonba Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I guys, i've a problem with my fritz and his openvpn configuration. I've configure my fritz as openvpn server and i use other pc (with linux and windows OS) as client; the connection between the client and the server have no problem but i can't ping the server.

My local ip configuration is:
    > fritz > 192.168.5.52
    > client > 192.168.5.5*

I have attached my openvpn_conf.png and my openvpn_server_log.png.

Client.conf:
    Client connection log:
    Here is my route:
    Can anybody help me please..??

Small edit: i try many different kind of server configuration and i've see that if i modify the "Extended client configuration" the web GUI change in LOCAL IP and SUBNET instead of LOCAL IP and REMOTE IP..
    May be a GUI problem like in THIS MaxMuster's answer..??

I wait for some solutions, many thanks :groesste:

Anhänge:

2. massimilianonba

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I don't be able to understand because for every configuration that i try, the server.conf file (mod/etc/openvpn.conf) change, but the result remains always the same... the tun0 intarface not have a gateway..
    If i try to modify the openvpn.conf by telnet my alternative configuration disappears when i restart the service...
    I try with a
    but my config still disappears at evry service restart... how i can make a permanent modification to my server configuration file..??

3. massimilianonba

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I've solved my problem with the server conf below..

Anhänge:

4. MaxMuster

MaxMuster IPPF-Promi

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Sorry, I didn't answer before.
    Good to hear, it works now. But can you please discribe your problem a little further? Just to make out, if it was a configuration problem or an error in the package.

From your first post I see, you have the local interface set to 192.168.5.52 the remote to 10.8.0.1 . Was this done by purpose or did you enter other values and it was a "GUI problem"? Though it is possible with most OS around, Windows version of openvpn will not accept point-to-point adressing like this (it needs small "subnets" for the tun link). Setting the route to the openvpn-server failed, because the server sent the first pool IP pair to the client (ifconfig 10.8.0.6 10.8.0.5) so 192.168.5.52 was not reachable via openvpn. Last it seems, you tried from LAN with the same IP (potential route subnet conflict between local LAN [192.168.5.0/255.255.255.0] and remote VPN [192.168.5.52/255.255.255.255]).

Thanks!

Joerg

5. massimilianonba

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Hi max and many thanks for your answer ;)

Sincerely,i don't know where is the problem :noidea:
    i mean: for me the best configuration is LOCAL IP 192.168.5.52 and REMOTE 10.8.0.1, but this don't work..
    So i have tried the second one with the client "extended configuration", but at this point the gui was changed itself.. I don't know if this is a gui problem or it's normal, but in this case the connection have no problem and the vpn interface have his gateway so i can ping and use normally my vpn.
    About this second configuration: if i check only client name and vpn ip it works, but if i add the client network too (with the normal <ip> <mask>), the connection fail again...

I hope that my answer it's ok for you, and again many thanks for your time :groesste:

6. MaxMuster

MaxMuster IPPF-Promi

Punkte für Erfolge:
    You're welcome ;-)

The "changing" GUI is intended, it (should) only show the "valid" options in respect of the choices you make.

There might be indeed another issue with the generated configuration (regarding the "route-gateway" entry which won't work in your config, too) .
    But if you are only using Linux clients you should indeed be able to use point-to-point IPs of the scheme you intended (LAN-IP as 192.168.5.52 and 10.8.0.x for the remote clients). But because this is a very special situation, this is not supported by the GUI :-(...

On the other hand you should be able to use "remote networks" in the extended configuration. Did you enter only the networks (deleting the "-")? Can you provide a log of the failing connection? Of course the networks must be unique and different from your LAN ;-)

Joerg

7. massimilianonba

Punkte für Erfolge:
    You're right ;)
    Y have tried to connect to my openvpn server from another lan and (and with my telephone as modem) and it works with the client network configuration too :)

Now the situation is perfect: i can use openvpn on the box with xp, vista (32 & 64..) and ubuntu with no problem and i can see the local network behind the box when i'm connected.. :p