7340 vnstat fails to start

Michael999

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
On my 7340 vnstat fails to start and gives this error:

---------
Starting vnstat ... failed.
Error: Downgrading database "/var/lib/vnstat/adsl" (v50331648) is not supported.
Is your USB-device yet available?
---------

My USB-device is available and the "database directory" location in vnstat's settings is correct.

It's the database from my old 7170, do I have to remove it?

When you write that your usb device is available I assume you tried starting vnstat after booting has finished? Perhaps anyone who is familiar with vnstat can answer this question...

I would also try to start with a fresh database. If this doesn't solve the problem it should be no problem to switch back. Perhaps there is a mismatch because the system's endianess has changed!?

Regards
Oliver

Yes, I tried to start vnstat several times after booting had finished. I started a fresh database and now it works. Though it's a shame the database from the 7170 doesn't seem to be compatible with the 7340, it's not a huge deal.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.