Another new call monitor, yes :)

freesoft

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hallo Folk's,

Why another call monitor ... well, simply because I love to make tiny software, it's just for fun. Besides that, it does exactly what I need, nothing more, perhaps it will be the case for someone else.

Basically, it's a little program that monitors incoming and outgoing calls, with caller ID & name, possibility to monitors multiple calls simultaneously, missed calls counter & log, big alert box with all the informations available, possibility to add unknown numbers directly, trayicon with 4 status (online with no active call, offline or disconnected, call active, and call connected) - so you can see what happens with your lines at any time. It features also slient auto-reconnect upon non-desired disconnection, tray icon hint displays active in & out call counter.

I think I will add a dialer functionality soon, for example you would be able to call back someone by double-clicking his name on the missed call log. I will also add external program execution on special defined conditions (especially missed calls).

It works only with the integrated call monitor of the fritz!box fon on TCP port 1012, so you must have a recent firmware and enable it with #96*5*

I have attached some screenshots and the program itself, I hope it will be accessible, it's the first time I post something here. It has no documentation for the moment, but I think it's not a big deal :)

Any comments and suggestions are welcome !

PS: you can also add names manually by creating or modifying the phonebook .. the filename is "CallMonitor.adr" and it is a simple text file. Format :
"NAME 1","0123456789"
"NAME xxx","000xxx"

The settings are stored in a small binary file "CallMonitor.ini", it will be created the first time you launch the soft. The registry is never used.

:idea: UPDATE 28.03.2006
new build : 1.0.0.13
-play sound on incoming calls, custom wave file, and possiblity to loop while the phone is ringing
-corrected bug with the reset missed calls counter, now confirmation dialog "yes" or "no" is visible, on top
-added FON3 extension in the options (I can't test this, because I have the ATA model, with 2 phone ports)
-now the dialogs boxes (yes no confirm cancel, etc...) are also in english ( no more french ) and I envisage to translate the full program with the help of a good soul :)
-settings are now better checked against bad characters input

I have also added a small "ring" wave file, simply modified with a 2 sec pause a the end (if you use the loop, it's better ...)

If you replace the executable with the new one, it will say that the setting's file is corrupted, it's a normal behavior, it will reload new default settings

Anhänge

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Aufrufe: 475
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Aufrufe: 309
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    7.4 KB · Aufrufe: 218
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    38 KB · Aufrufe: 283
  • CallMonitor.zip
    373.2 KB · Aufrufe: 272
  • incoming_call.zip
    10.9 KB · Aufrufe: 177
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
freesoft schrieb:
Hallo Folk's,

Why another call monitor ... well, simply because I love to make tiny software,
Das ist schön für Dich, und wenn Du Deine Postings in Deutsch schreiben würdest, könnten sie noch viel mehr Leute lesen...

Yes, I'm sure you are right, but I can't, I am sorry. Anyway, the program is here, available for any person who want to try it :)

Hello freesoft,

welcome at this board!

Nice work... but i miss something: sound on incoming calls, backwards-search (i don`t know the right word in english)

skydiver1709 schrieb:
Hello freesoft,

welcome at this board!

Nice work... but i miss something: sound on incoming calls, backwards-search (i don`t know the right word in english)

Thank you !

Sound will be added soon. I also need that feature, so it will be done very shortly. Concerning the full log (not only missed calls), I have hesitated because it is already available on the fritz web interface... but I could also add this feature, I will think about it. Best regards :)

Some boxes (like my 7050) have three FON-Ports, so it would be nice if you added one.
Is there any help yet? I'd like to learn more about the option "Fixed line number".

Edit1: Some special characters (e.g. '&') do not work in the names of the SIP Accounts.

Edit2: For a number in the format 49123456789 (happens with direct SIP calls) it does not fetch any name from the phonebook, if there the number is registered in the format 0123456789.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hallo freesoft.

Nettes Programm, Vielen Dank.

Aber ich habe zwei weitere Fehler bemerkt:
- Der Titel sowie die Beschriftung der Buttons bei Dialogboxen
sind französisch (Oui/No)
(OK, ist nur ein Schönheitsfehler, aber ich hätte lieber eine deutsche Beschriftung...).
- Wenn ich über das Tray-Menü auf "About" gehe, stürzt das Programm ohne jegliche Meldung ab.

I try it in English:
Nice program, thank you.

But I saw further two bugs:
- The title and buttons of confirmation-dialogues are in French (I would like to have German buttons...)
- When I klick the "About"-entry of the tray-menu the program terminates without any message.

Edit: Another bug:
When I hit the "reset missed call counter"-button, the confirmation-box appears behind the
program window. The program window cannot be closed with left-mouse-click,
and cannot be moved with right-click. The only way to see the confirmation-box is to hide
the program window via tray-menu.

And a feature request:
What about a "language-file" to translate some of the displayed messages
e.g.
MissedCallFrom="verpasster Anruf von"
Incoming="ankommend"
Outgoing="abgehend"

Another bug (or misconfiguration?):
Outgoing calls over fixed-line (ist das wirklich der englische Ausdruck für "Festnetzanschluss"?)
are not being displayed.

Gruß
Herman

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
kleinc schrieb:
Some boxes (like my 7050) have three FON-Ports, so it would be nice if you added one.
Is there any help yet? I'd like to learn more about the option "Fixed line number".

Edit1: Some special characters (e.g. '&') do not work in the names of the SIP Accounts.

Edit2: For a number in the format 49123456789 (happens with direct SIP calls) it does not fetch any name from the phonebook, if there the number is registered in the format 0123456789.

Hi guys :)

1. 3 fon ports: it is of course possible, but I have a model with only 2 ports, the ATA model, and I don't know how it reacts. I can ask another developer, or I could give you a little program that monitors and displays the datas coming from the fritzbox on port 1012... I will see that later.

2. special charcaters in SIP accounts: you are right, som characters like ;, can create some problems, I will correct this now. (normally & is ok)

3. you are right too, numbers entered in the phonebook must be exactly the same as displayed by the callerid function. I will perhaps add international and national prefixes in the options. Tip : you can add multiple numbers with the same same, the first found, the first displayed.

For the moment there is no help file, but it will comes if really needed and when bugs and new features will be implemented. The option "fixed line number" is for displaying your fixed line number when you make a call (from, to), it's only "cosmetic" :) (it's better than only "Fixed Line")

Herman schrieb:
I try it in English:
Nice program, thank you.

Hi, thank you for testing !

But I saw further two bugs:
- The title and buttons of confirmation-dialogues are in French (I would like to have German buttons...)

Exactly, I will correct this now, it's a "bug". For the moment, it will be in english (it's better than french), but when the program will be translated, all the buttons will be also in your favorite language

- When I klick the "About"-entry of the tray-menu the program terminates without any message.

This is very strange, it means a part of the executable is corrupted. The about box is encrypted, it contains the short license terms (freeware). If there is any modification of the exe, it will immediately close. I will investigate, I suppose it comes from the upload on the forum ... Perhaps it will be better to upload it on a web server with a simple link.

Edit: Another bug:
When I hit the "reset missed call counter"-button, the confirmation-box appears behind the
program window.

It is a little bug, It's corrected now :)

And a feature request:
What about a "language-file" to translate some of the displayed messages
e.g.

Nice request, I will have the time to do that in 2 or 3 weeks, but I need help, I don't speak german ! I you accept to translate some words, I could send you a file with the english texts. It can be done very easily and relatively quickly...

Another bug (or misconfiguration?):
Outgoing calls over fixed-line (ist das wirklich der englische Ausdruck für "Festnetzanschluss"?)
are not being displayed.

normally it must work perfectly... yes fixed line is festnetzanschluss. What kind of model do you have ? (I have a fritz!box fon ata)

Freundlichen Grüssen
Steve

freesoft schrieb:
1. 3 fon ports: it is of course possible, but I have a model with only 2 ports, the ATA model, and I don't know how it reacts. I can ask another developer, or I could give you a little program that monitors and displays the datas coming from the fritzbox on port 1012... I will see that later.
For that I can use telnet.
Concering the format of the data, this might help you:

Code:
Outgoing calls:   date;CALL;ConnectionID;Port;usedOutgoingNumber;calledExternalNumber;
Incoming calls:   date;RING;ConnectionID;numberOfCaller;calledOwnNumber;
Connection SetUp: date;CONNECT;ConnectionID;Port;numberOfInterlocutor;
Disconnect:       date;DISCONNECT;ConnectionID;durationInSeconds;

So, Port is 4 for ISDN, 0, 1, 2 for FON1, FON2, FON3, usedOutgoingNumber and calledOwnNumber are SIP0-SIP9 or one of the fixed line numbers, where is the problem?

2. special charcaters in SIP accounts: you are right, som characters like ;, can create some problems, I will correct this now. (normally & is ok)
I'm sorry - '&' is not OK...

3. you are right too, numbers entered in the phonebook must be exactly the same as displayed by the callerid function. I will perhaps add international and national prefixes in the options. Tip : you can add multiple numbers with the same same, the first found, the first displayed.
No, I won't do that!
My simple analog phone is able to show me the correct name even if the numer ist in 49xxxxxxx format, so your tool will learn that to. :)
I have 2 ideas. First one: Compare numbers with that ones in the phonebook from behind, and if at least 6 digits match, show that name.
The other idea: If a number longer than 7 digits starts with 49 (or another country code), replace it with 0 (or ignore it while comparing the number with the ones in the phonebook).

The option "fixed line number" is for displaying your fixed line number when you make a call (from, to), it's only "cosmetic" :) (it's better than only "Fixed Line")
But I have a lot of fixed line numbers, not just one (ISDN)...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
kleinc schrieb:
So, Port is 0 for ISDN, 1, 2, 3 for FON1, FON2, FON3
At my box (5012: only S0, no FON-port) always port 4 is displayed...

freesoft schrieb:
I could send you a file with the english texts
The idea was, that you distribute a file with english messages together with the program
e.g.
MissedCallFrom="missed call from"
and everyone can do the translation for himself.

freesoft schrieb:
Herman schrieb:
Outgoing calls over fixed-line not displayed
What kind of model do you have ?
FritzBoxFon 5012, and VoIP-Calls are displayed:
Code:
25.03.06 22:58:50;CALL;1;4;12345;08003302424;

25.03.06 23:07:27;CALL;1;4;SIP4;01707890123;
Second call was displayed, first call was not displayed.

best regards
Herman

P.S.: Thank You for bugfixing, and thank You for further development...

Herman schrieb:
At my box (5012: only S0, no FON-port) always port 4 is displayed...
OK, I checked that again, and you are right: 4 = ISDN S0. 0 = FON1, 1 = FON2, 2 = FON3. This are the same numbers as in the CSV-List and the HTML-Callerlist of the FritzBox.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Call Monitor build 1.0.0.13

Hallo everybody,

I have uploaded a new build, with small improvements. Please look at the first post, UPDATE 28.03.2006 (ZIP file has been replaced with the new one)

Uhmm, ok, now I understand why people with ISDN don't see the number when they make outgoing call, it's because port 4 is used. With my Frtz!box fon ATA, only ports 0 and 1 are used, and when I make a CALL with the fixed line, the "from" number is not used, example :

09.03.06 20:54:26;CALL;0;1;;022750xxxx;

I think I will add support for port 4 and isdn in the next build...

What you refer to as "port" is actually the "extension", as in "PBX internal extension #".

It can have these values:
  • 0 = FON 1
  • 1 = FON 2
  • 2 = FON 3
  • 3 = Callthrough/PBX coupling
  • 4 = internal S0 (ISDN) bus (i.e., in the FB 7050/7170)
  • 5 = CAPI
For data connections, the value decimal 32 will be added.

Hello freesoft.

Thank You for the new build.

But I have to report another bug (maybe it's a feature request?):
Incoming calls are displayed with prefix (for example: "02161"):
28.03.06 13:45:06;RING;0;021611234567;17890;
but for outgoing calls into my local telephone network I dial without prefix,
so the message looks like this:
28.03.06 13:45:13;CALL;0;4;1234567;17890;
I have to add two lines with the same name to CallMonitor.adr...
Perhaps You could add a field "own prefix" to the options,
and could do the reading of CallMonitor.adr with consideration of this field?

freesoft schrieb:
I envisage to translate the full program with the help of a good soul
Many forum-members are good souls,
and if you post a suggestion for a "program-vocabulary", you will get many translations... :)

best regards
Herman

compatibility with jfritz

Hi,

freesoft schrieb:
Any comments and suggestions are welcome !
Do you think you can make your ini file compatible with the phonebook of jfritz. Most people use jfritz so it would be easier for a lot of people?

Best regards

Peter

HfX schrieb:
Do you think you can make your ini file compatible with the phonebook of jfritz. Most people use jfritz so it would be easier for a lot of people?
This can help you:
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showpost.php?p=525634&postcount=5
Works fine for me (OK, I made it :) ), but its very simple an I do not give any support. If you are running JFritz, you will also be able to run this small converter.

Perhaps in a future version, JFritz itsself will be able to export the phonebook in the CallMonitor format.

Edit: JFritz's phonebook is in a XML-format, I think, freesoft will not make his CallMonitor compatible to this one.

Moonbase schrieb:
What you refer to as "port" is actually the "extension", as in "PBX internal extension #".

It's right, it was a lapsus sorry

It can have these values:
  • 0 = FON 1
  • 1 = FON 2
  • 2 = FON 3
  • 3 = Callthrough/PBX coupling
  • 4 = internal S0 (ISDN) bus (i.e., in the FB 7050/7170)
  • 5 = CAPI
For data connections, the value decimal 32 will be added.

Thank you very much for these informations ! Question : if I receive a fax over ip on extension 0 for example, does it mean ext. number will be 32, right ? (or does it work only for data connections on fixed line).

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.