Anrufliste does not show sip addresses

Edward Velo

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Let's say fritzbox 1 has one SIP provider: no "real" phone number, but only a sip address fb1 @ voipuser.org . Fritzbox 2 has one SIP provider: no "real" phone number, but only a sip address fb2 @ voipuser.org .

Fritzbox 1 has a short-dial entry of **700 to reach fritzbox 2 (it is possible to put SIP addresses instead of numbers in the addressbook).

When fritzbox 1 is calling fritzbox 2 in that way, everything works well, except that the Anrufliste does not show the caller-ID (probably because there is no "real" phonenumber, only a SIP address).

However, in the telnet session of fritzbox 2 I can see:

May 17 15:28:40 voipd[1014]: local: 8 0 2 102 100 99 97 101
May 17 15:28:40 voipd[1014]: call from sip:fb1 @ sip.voipuser.org to 4
May 17 15:28:40 voipd[1014]: VoIP led value = 18
May 17 15:28:40 voipd[1014]: >>>UDP Status: 100 Trying (7)
May 17 15:28:41 voipd[1014]: alerting(appl=5 plci=0x1005 ncci=0x0 outgoing)

So this mean fritzbox 2 is receiving the correct caller ID (fb1 @ sip.voipuser.org). Is there any reason why AVM decided not to put this in the Anrufliste ?

Or is there a work around?

PS. What does "VoIP led value = 18" mean?

Thanks!

Edward,

You are talking about an interesting point which I would like to do as well.

2 points:

1)I cannot call other SIP users directly over the internet. For example, I'm trying to reach for example [email protected] and I put that into a phone book entry *701. However, it doesn't work, I get a busy signal :-(
My main VOIP provider is voipbuster, does that have an influence?

2)where did you get the information from that you're displaying in your message? (the log)

Thanks!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

a direct call of a SIP user only works if the VoIP networks are connected. According to your posting it looks to me like Pulver and Betamax are not connected.

Thanks for your answer.

I thought I was making a direct call to that address over the Internet, not going through Betamax?

danielp68 schrieb:
1)I cannot call other SIP users directly over the internet. For example, I'm trying to reach for example [email protected] and I put that into a phone book entry *701. However, it doesn't work, I get a busy signal :-(
My main VOIP provider is voipbuster, does that have an influence?

What does the error log say?
My experience is that it's indeed not always working, don't know why... try it with 2 (free) voipuser.org accounts; that works perfectly all the time.

The VOIP provider that you use is of no importance, as it's not being used.

PS. You need to dial **7xx (maybe it's a typo above)

danielp68 schrieb:
2)where did you get the information from that you're displaying in your message? (the log)

First activate telnet (dial #96*7* to turn on, and #96*8* to turn it off). Then use a comms program (for instance Hyperterminal) to connect to your Fritz!box. Enter the commands voipd -s (to stop the voip deamon) and then voipd -v to start it in verbose mode. You can then follow the log in realtime.

Hi Daniel,

a direct call of a SIP user only works if the VoIP networks are connected. According to your posting it looks to me like Pulver and Betamax are not connected.

A direct call doesn't go through the voip provider.

What you are referring to is a way that some voip providers have to call subscribers of another connected voip provider for free (through special prefix dial codes, so not routed via the PSTN).

Edward, you are right, direct calls shouldn't use a VoIP provider.

Somehow my Fritzbox showed in the Anrufliste always that it was using the first VoIP provider and failed to make a "direct call" but then succeeded using the second provider. The difference between the providrs was that the called destination was hosted at the second provider and there was no connection to the first one.

Maybe I should take a closer look at it ...

EDIT:
===============================================================
Now I tested it:
No VoIP provider selected in the Fritzbox: busy
First VoIP provider deactivated, second one active: nothing happens
First one deleted, second one active: ringing

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
ThSteffens schrieb:
Now I tested it:
No VoIP provider selected in the Fritzbox: busy
First VoIP provider deactivated, second one active: nothing happens
First one deleted, second one active: ringing
Hmmm... don't understand why that is. Which provider did you set as default for the Fon that you used? Maybe the first one?

My experience is that the caller-ID of the default telephony provider (for the used Fon) is being sent out to the other party, so it looks like that provider is being used, but it's not (it's a direct call). The fritz!box is just doing it this way.

I didn't assign any provider to the phone. The phone is an ISDN phone with the MSNs of the ISDN connection. The two VoIP providers that are entered in the Fritzbox don't have public caller IDs, so I called them 122 (LowrateVoIP) and 124 (Nonoh). Both numbers are NOT entered as MSNs in the phone.

The list of Wahlregeln can't apply because I'm not using any phone number. Anyway only the "second provider" 124 was mentioned there.

ThSteffens schrieb:
I didn't assign any provider to the phone. The phone is an ISDN phone with the MSNs of the ISDN connection.
On Einstellungen/Erweiterte Einstellungen/Telefonie/Telefoniegeräte there is also a "Hauptrufnummer" setting behind "ISDN Basiseinstellungen". That is what I was referring to. This one is used when you don't put any MSN's in the ISDN phone.

2 typos basically **701# works perfectly, but I had changed the .com into .net by error. Now fixed and works perfectly! What a joy this FritzBox :D

I confirm that the outgoing number displayed in the call log is the main number you defined for your telephone line being used. Although obviously this is wrong, as it's a direct SIP call without going through the VOIP provider.

Daniel

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.