[Frage] Backup firmware from 6490

bttd

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

I have a fritzbox 6490 with firmware version 7.10. Is there any tool or method to backup the firmware?
I mean I want to backup the mtd0, mtd1, mtd6 and mtd7 partitions and the env variables to.
I need it because it is possible to I need to revert everything back to the factory one day.

I tried to get it from FTP with adam2 without success, and I also try to login with telnet, but I don't can enable it. Also, try to find a script in YourFritz GitHub repo, but don't find any.

Regards

Install freetz and overwrite one unneeded version.

Freetz has telnet and dd.

Vollzitat von darüber, gemäß Boardregeln entfernt by stoney

Hi,

Can you explain to me how to overwrite one unneeded version and keep the current version at the same time?
I think I have a provider firmware on my device, and I want to make a backup without any modification. It is possible with freeztz?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Simply because there are always two firmware versions on your 6490 and only one is active. The inactive one may be overwritten without severe problems.
It is always meaningful to save the config before you flash your FB.

the FRITZ! Box 6490 has 2 hands-free systems. eMMC (DualBoot, Puma 6). One can remain original and on the other the Freetz can However, the guarantee is lost! how to

Sorry for my english

Can you give me some advice on how to switch and flash the inactive firmware?

There so many postings here about this theme:

ftp 192.168.178.1 short after the FB is power on:

username: adam2
Password: adam2

quote GETENV linux_fs_start
quote SETENV linux_fs_start 0
or
quote SETENV linux_fs_start 1
quote REBOOT
bye

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
There so many postings here about this theme:

ftp 192.168.178.1 short after the FB is power on:

username: adam2
Password: adam2

quote GETENV linux_fs_start
quote SETENV linux_fs_start 0
or
quote SETENV linux_fs_start 1
quote REBOOT
bye

What can I do in this case:

ftp> quote GETENV linux_fs_start
501 environment variable not set

What can I do in this case:
Nothing else than to assume/accept, that a missing value has the same meaning as "0".

But a device, which never got an update yet, should be really, really new (I tend to write: brand new) - are you really sure, you've "talked" to the FTP server in the right manner?

Is the serial number at the back of the device (the first tupel encodes the date of manufacturing/finalizing) really one that would suggest a device, which never got an update already?

Does AVM really still produce these older models? Or does it mean, that the previous owner has cleared the TFFS image (by intention or by accident) and now it looks like 'linux_fs_start' has never ever been set?

But in each case, you may use the "alternative partitions" to install your new image and set "linux_fs_start" to "1", after the partitions were written successfully, before you reboot the device.

Vollzitat gemäß Boardregeln entfernt by stoney

The modem is brand new, never opened before. stickers in place and 7.10 installed by default.

Now I'm going to install an older version to mtd11, mtd12, mtd13 and mtd14, set the linux_fs_start to 1 and pray :)
I'm suer talking with the adam2 ftp server, I can read other values like firmware_version.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hi,

Finally, I can compile freetz, install and make telnet work. Now I try to back up the image files, but it's not straight forward for me.

I only see mtd0-mtd7 and mtdblock0-7 instead of 0-14. Wich partitions need I backup? (I do the backup with cat /dev/mtd1 > mtd1.image)
But mtd6 and 7 much smaller than the flashed.

Look into "/proc/avm_partitions" for the mapping of block devices to partition names and these names should give you a hint, what's contained therein.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Brainbanger
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.