Bridge mode with PPPoA possible?

Edward Velo

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
31 Mai 2006
Beiträge
123
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hi,

I have a German annex B Fritz!box 7170 (version 1) which I use in Belgium. Because we use annex A here, I put an ethernet ADSL modem in front of it. The ADSL modem is working in bridged mode, so the Fritz!box is making the connection via PPPoE. This worked quite well.

Now, I recently changed to another Internet provider, and this provider only supports PPPoA. And I can't get my configuration to work anymore.

The Fritz!box doesn't have a PPPoA option when you select to use a modem ahead of it (only PPPoE). Only when the Fritz!box is making the ADSL connection himself, there is a choise of both PPPoA and PPPoE.

Is it possible to do PPPoA in this way? Or is it impossible, hence the name "... over Ethernet".

So: does anyone here know if it's possible to use PPPoA in bridged mode?

Thanks for your help.
 
So: does anyone here know if it's possible to use PPPoA in bridged mode?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Edward,

just come across your thread and did some research in this forum. There is a solution to your problem by "crossgrading" your german 7170 to Annex A/PPPoA.

After crossgrading you can use your modified 7170 with or without another ADSL-modem in bridged-mode in front of your 7170.

And after having crossgraded you can do further firmware update(s) with german 7170-firmwares, which have extended functionality compared to international 7170 Fritz-Boxes (native Annex-A-boxes).

For further information please look into this thread:

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?p=555396

The forum member fritsv is apparently experienced in further updating a crossgraded 7170. He would answer too in english to PMs.

-jesko
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,928
Beiträge
2,305,562
Mitglieder
378,653
Neuestes Mitglied
M.CH.