Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

Could it be a problem with the DSL cable?
@olnejean:
I don't know what you did to the original DSL cable, but it sounds correct.
As I told you before: To test the DSL, you can use a standard Ethernet cable (not twisted). You only need the two inner pins! If your DSL-Filter (I don't believe in "splitter" for analog DSL) needs RJ11, replace the RJ45 connector by a RJ11. It's still the two inner pins!
If the DSL connection continues to fail, the problem is not the cable.

A comment about the earlier mentioned Y-cable: Only the FBs with phone function need Y-cable. As your FB is a 3270 without phone, there is no Y-cable.

One more comment: Be patient! Perhaps the FB needs several minutes to connect to DSL ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
¡Hola el_valiente!
Original cable:
I first tried to trim one RJ45 connector to the RJ11 shape. It did not work well, so I snapped it, keeping the cut end as a sample for the RJ11 connector. So I am pretty sure the wires match!
"Perhaps the FB needs several minutes to connect to DSL".
How long do you suggest waiting?

Well, Ill' try this afternoon...
And if it does not work, shall I throw the Fritz!box away ?

Just cancelled my answer - as the 3270 has no telephone connection it is -as said by el_valiente- sufficient to just connect a normal telephone cable with RJ11 on both ends to the box and to your dsl. With which type of cable (how many PINS wired?) is your barricade connected to your dsl?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Barricade to DSL is a 2-wire cable with TJ11 at both ands.
The original Fritz!Box to DSL cable was a 2-wire cable with RJ45 both ends.
I just cut one end of and had an RJ11 connector fitted by my informatics supplier.
People say that an RJ11 connector fits into an RJ45 receiver end ...

Hello great masters:
I already managed to put my FB 7170 (originally from 1&1) debranded and with annex A (I am in Portugal so...).
Now I need to change the webinterface to english (german lang. for me is almost chinese).
Please point me to the right post/place or explain how to do it.
Thank you:rolleyes:

Hello great masters:
I already managed to put my FB 7170 (originally from 1&1) debranded and with annex A (I am in Portugal so...).
Now I need to change the webinterface to english (german lang. for me is almost chinese).
Please point me to the right post/place or explain how to do it.
Thank you:rolleyes:

Firmware installed: 29.04.57 german with annex A

"el-valiente
My experience: If the FB didn't connect after 10 minutes, it will never connect ..."
Well that's it ...
I left it alone for nearly half an hour, still no joy !
I have made screen prints of the parameters.
On the first part of the prints, I have added two question marks:
1- "Angeschlossene Netzwerkgeräte dürfen zusätzlich ihre eigene Internetverbindung aufbauen"
I suppose that the first condition would be to have an Internet connexion.
In that case, would it help?

2- "Traffic shaping benützen"
It's on, but "Traffic shaping benötigt Angaben zur Geschwindigkeit Ihres DSL-Anschlusses".
And this has not been done.
And on the second part of the prints:
"Geschwindigleit des DSL-Anschlusses manuell angeben.
I suppose that the automatic setting is better...

Anhänge

• Settings-1.jpg
    Settings-1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Aufrufe: 23
  • Settings-2.jpg
    Settings-2.jpg
    130 KB · Aufrufe: 19
I have a fb 7170 already debranded and patched Annex A with firmware 29.04.57.
I want to have the webinterface in English.
Can I simply upload the new english firmware FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7170.AnnexA.en.58.04.57 to have the webinterface in english? will the box accept this upgrade?
Thanks

I have made screen prints of the parameters ...
@olnejean:
Everything looks correct in your screenshots. If the FB does not work, you must throw it away (please tell me where).
Was a joke!
My only doubt is "Kapselung" in "DSL-ATM-Einstellungen": Are you shure it must be "PPPoA/VC-Mux", as imagomundi found? I still believe it could be "PPPoE". Did you try PPPoE carefully?
If "PPPoE" fails, too, then the FB does not connect to internet because of poor DSL signal strength. We discussed this possibility at the beginning of our chat.
So you must go the other way: Use your Barricade router in transparent mode (bridged) and connect the FB via "Internetzugang über LAN 1" (see my post #689 in this thread).
You were afraid to reset the Barricade, because "all parameters would be lost". But now you know enough to reset the router! As I told you earlier, the only unique parameters are user name and password given by your DSL-provider (Belgacom?) - and those you know, too (user name = [email protected]).
Adelante, Jean, reinicia el Barricade, configuralo como transparente y verás que todo funcionará perfectamente.

Concerning PPPoA , I did not try changing it, it seems to be "cast in bronze" ...
Well, I'llbe back in about half an hour, I'll have a go.
I should report at about 20h00

@olnejean: other threads about encapsulation for BELGACOM skynet inform PPPoE as encapsulation protocol - should try this again and with patience. Are you sure your user name -including the @ is correct? Try several versions - may be sky 35431 only and skynet.be only as registrar server?

@domaco: upload TELEFONICUS file "fritz_as_avme_newer.tar" like an fw upgrade to your box - disregard any warning and also the final error message. After that you will not be able to access any interface in your box until you do a RECOVER with the English-B (yes: must be B, not A) file from AVM ftp server with "FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7170.AnnexB.en.04.57.recover-image.exe". Do carefully read all instructions for the recover procedure and observe every detail.

"Imagomundi
Other threads about encapsulation for BELGACOM skynet inform PPPoE as encapsulation protocol - should try this again and with patience. Are you sure your user name -including the @ is correct? Try several versions - may be sky 35431 only and skynet.be only as registrar server?"
I only find for Belgacom
VPI = 8, VCI = 35
encapsulation PPPoA/vcmux
User name: well, this is the only place where I can indicate my provider's name...
If I put only sky35431, how will the FB ever know the name of my provider?
I tried anyway to change it, cancelling
"@skynet.be" ... And then the FB asked me to give my password again (I have never asked for or been given a password!).
"el_valiente
If "PPPoE" fails, too, then the FB does not connect to internet because of poor DSL signal strength."
The FB is supposed to be stronger than my older Barricade ... which catches the signal without problem.
Anyway, I shall go into resetting the Barricade, and proceed as you told me.
I'll be back (hoping that the Barricade will not turn mute !

... the FB is supposed to be stronger than my older Barricade ... which catches the signal without problem
@olnejean:
If you look around in the forum, you will find many reasons, why FBs are the most selled routers in Germany.
1. The most exciting highlight of FBs is their confortable phone functions. No other router or ata (analog telephone adapter) compares to FB
2. FBs have a multitude of additional functions, e.g. "Anrufbeantworter", "Kindersicherung", "Fax", "USB host", "Fernwartung" and many others
3. The WLAN quality of the FBs is pretty good
4. AVM offers regular efficient firmware update - absolutely free for all FB owners
5. The weakest element of FBs is their internal DSL modem. It works in Germany, where signal strength is excellent almost everywhere, but it fails in many others countries with poor DSL signal quality

The point is, what do yo need the 3270 for?
1. The 3270 is a model without phone, thus "phone" can not be your goal
2. Some of the additional features need phone, some do not. Additional features could be a good reason to install a 3720
3. WLAN is not unique - there are many good WLAN routers on the market
4. Firmware update is a strong reason pro FB, too
5. DSL modem is definitively no reason to buy a FB - as you noted ...

In conclusion: Is the 3270 "stronger" than your old Barricade? Decide yourself ...

You forgot the real reason : WIFI ...
@olnejean:
I didn't!
Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity) means the same as WLAN (wireless local area network)
WLAN or Wi-Fi was my 3. reason, but I said "there are many good WLAN routers on the market". If you just need a good Wi-Fi router, the 3270 is a solution, but an expensive one.

Well, never give up !
I finally got access to the Barricade parameters.
I noticed that imagomundi was on the right path concerning the provider's name: "BE" is not requested !
I tried again after having shortened the "skynet.be" in "skynet", but without result.
I also noted the Barricade uses PPPoE, but, on the last page, encapsulation shows LLC.

Well, I shall have a go with el_valiente's suggestion to work through Barricade after having made it transparent".
I suppose the only modification requested to barricade is to move towards "Disable Internet sharing (bridge mode, for single PC), where I have made a red dot.
If it is so, I shall have to wait till tomorrow morning, as I am having visitors...
But a confirmation will be appreciated.

Sorry, I forgot to add the screenshots. I made three, which I "glued" together0. they begin with Part 2.
Part 1 is irrelevant (time setting etc...)

Anhänge

• Barricade.jpg
    Barricade.jpg
    61.7 KB · Aufrufe: 19
Question based on your screenshots and recent own experience: how is your usually used PC's network configured regarding properties of TCP/IP protocol? Fixed IP? Gateway IP? Fixed DNS (name) server? or everything automatically?

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Cheffo
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.