Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

But a confirmation will be appreciated.
@olnejean:
You are right, just select "Disable Internet sharing (bridge mode, for single PC)".
Once in bridged mode, the Barricade will no more ask for DLS user name and password, nor for VPI/VCI or other ATM parameters. The DHCP server will be disabled, too. All these functions will be transferred to the FB, which must be configured properly. The bridged Barricade will only connect to internet, nothing else.
Once more, to be shure that direct connection to DSL does not work: Did you paciently test the pppoE option plus the correct DSL user name with the FB directly connected to DSL? In your last post it didn't seem so.

@domaco: upload TELEFONICUS file "fritz_as_avme_newer.tar" like an fw upgrade to your box - disregard any warning and also the final error message. After that you will not be able to access any interface in your box until you do a RECOVER with the English-B (yes: must be B, not A) file from AVM ftp server with "FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7170.AnnexB.en.04.57.recover-image.exe". Do carefully read all instructions for the recover procedure and observe every detail.

@imagomundi: sucess!:) your recipe resulted. My box is now "speaking" english. I suppose I can now upgrade with the most recent EN firmware, can I?
A problem I noticed is the weak reception of my adsl line. I have a down speed 12MB line. My speedtouch get 10,6MB but the FB get only 1,2MB. I heard that in some countries this can happen. but can also be some misconfiguration. I will try more and more times.

04.57 is the most recent firmware - the recover-image is the same as the 29.04.57 "normal" image. Modem weakness was and is always something to critisize, moreover in those cases where the modem is the modem of an annex B box and was obliged to work even with annex a, and don't forget that FRITZ is a multifunctional device that can do many things but never will do one thing as good as a special equipment that was designed and manufactured just to do only this ONE thing excellently- but there are really big differences depending on location and better or worse dsl line quality. Even so I admit that the differences presented in your answer are exceptionally huge.

A problem I noticed is the weak reception of my adsl line
@domaco:
Congratulations! The internal modem of FB is weak, as imagomundi already told you. If you don't find solution to your problem, there remains one more option:
You can configure your router (the speedtouch) as "bridged" or "transparent" and use your FB7170 connected in line, with all its confortable functions.
Refer to my recent posts answering to olnejean in this thread, where I described the procedure in detail.
Good luck from España

El_valiente
Well, I shall make another trial with PPPoE.
Does the DSL signal change with the traffic? If so, I might delay the trial until late evening.
But if I have to use the Barricade, one question arises:
There are four LAN connectors on the FB, LAN1 will go to Barricade, leaving me with three.
I need 4 altogether, 3 for the net, another one for the DreamBox.
I understand that even with Barricade set on "transparent", single PCs can be connected to DSL?
Am I right?
Anther solution would be a hub; I have a Wisecom WS-R320T/S available.

But if I have to use the Barricade, one question arises ...
@olnejean:
That's ok, try again pppoE with correct user data. Don't wait until the evening, the connection must work at any daytime.
Concerning "bridged" Barricade:
You are right. There will remain 3 free LAN connectors at the FB in bridged mode.
In bridged mode, you can connect "a single PC" to the Barricade. But this "PC" will be the FB, so there remain only the 3 LAN at the FB.
You can use a hub, evidently, this is absolutely no problem.
But why? You can connect up to 253 PCs via WLAN / WiFi ...

"You can connect up to 253 PCs via WLAN / WiFi ..."
Yes, provided they are fitted with WiFi !
Presently, only my lapttop and visitors have WiFi, therefore the need for 4 cable connexion.
I must now make a translation for a client, the trial will have to wait until this afternoon ..

Presently, only my lapttop and visitors have WiFi, therefore the need for 4 cable connexion
@olnejean:
If you really need more than 3 cable connexions, there exists a solution without the need of an additional hub:
1. Barricade and FB connected in line (FB connected to LAN1 of Barricade)
2. Barricade in "PPPoE routing mode" (not bridged), just as it was until now
3. FB with DHCP-server inactivated
4. Eventually some minor individual settings at Barricade and FB

In this configuration, there will be no conflict between two DHCPs, because only the Barricade assigns IP directions to the PCs connected.
The FB will work with an IP assigned by the Barricade, and it will act as an access point, permitting LAN an WLAN connections, all IPs being assigned by the Barricade.
With this configuration, you will have (I suppose the Barricade has 4xLAN)
- 6 LAN connections (cable); 3 at the Barricade and 3 at the FB
- 253 WLAN connections (wireless) at the FB

This configuration is a little more sophisticated, but it perfectly fullfills your needs

Well, I shall first have another go at FB/PPPoE
DSL-ATM-Einstellungen
What happens if I use "Alle ATM-Einstellungen automatisch erkennen" instead of "manuel festlegen"?
=======================================================================
And if this does not work, I shall use the last possibility as described in your last message:
OK
This should not be a big problem, I have seen the procedure in the manual
4. Eventually some minor individual settings at Barricade and FB
Minor for you, or for me ?

El_valiente
I have ried again with PPPoE, non success.
So I have now following setup:
I acceed Internet through Barricade from the FB.
But I have no WiFi...

I acceed Internet through Barricade from the FB.
But I have no WiFi...
@olnejean:
That is what I meant with "minor individual settings".
As I don't know the Barricade, you must find out by trial and error which individual configurations of Barricade and FB will give satisfying results.
Just try different settings, you can always go back to a working configuration ...

@el_valiente:
If I use the above said configuration, I have to reconstruct the connexion for each individual PC linked by cable to the FB.
This is not a problem.
But WiFi is exasperating !
As I have never got a WiFi DSL signal, I would not know where to begin with !

After all these settings and resettings, trials and retrials I would first check the basics of both equipments. Maybe you simply, unknowingly and unwillingly switched off the WLan function of your 3270? FRITZ-WiFi should work no matter if box gets dsl directly or over Lan from another equipment.

@imagomundi:
Correct, this is a possibility.
I shall begin with the more simple settings.
I first want to be sure that I get the WiFi working.
I have the impression that something keeps it from singing !

@olnejean:

1. Concerning WiFi
Do as recommended by imagomundi: Check functioning of WiFi separately

2. Concerning the "sophisticated configuration" with six free LAN connections
I guess, at the FB (Internet / Zugangsdaten) you must use the options:
- Vorhandene Internetverbindung im Netzwerk mitbenutzen (IP-Client)
- Zugangsdaten werden nicht benötigt (IP)

Well, gentlemen, Fritz!Box has decided we have played long enough, I cannot start it anymore !
Every time I try to open it up, I get the message "FB failed to connect to the computer".
I guess it's fed up with all the trials.

Just to remember: Before you decided to take the bridge/transparency way I had asked you for your PC's network setting? I then did believe -and still do so- that your 3270 can do the job alone without the barricade and that your network configuration was created to fit a fixed route for the barricade by the (belgacom) tecnician who installed your internet connection. I had two similar experiences in my recent experience where it was just for this reason particularly difficult to get a FRITZ box running.

To check your 3270 now just connect it as stand alone ONLY to a laptop or pc by lan cable and type into a webbrowser "169.254.1.1". This should give you access to the interface of your 3270. If you cannot access this way I fear it might be necessary to do a recovery.

No, the answer "no connexion" ...
Well, let's try a recovery!

¡ Hola el_valiente !
Certainly not, even if I have to go through the whole procedure again.
But I am absolutely "in the black" concerning the way to make a recovery...

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Cheffo
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.