Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

Dear Imagomundi,

As you said I've tried to Recover with that particular file but get the next message:
One system found! - Detecting the current version.
Could not determine the version!

I also got a pop-up asking for username etc, I've only once set up username to enter the Fb.

So obviously I'm doing something wrong!

Please help

Will have to rectify things through "ftp". . Try the "smooth" way first: Power OFF your FB - give your PC a fixed IP as before . Type into window "execute": ftp.192.168.178.1 (do NOT ENTER yet).
PLUG IN your FB to POWER - after app. 2 seconds press ENTER. If you are lucky you will see the ftp window open asking for a user name and a password. Both are "adam2" - password won't give you an echo back. Should look like this after:

ftp>

Now type there the following (after every line press ENTER and you should get a message back "command successful") Observe minor and majpor letters!

quote SETENV firmware_version avme

quote SETENV firmware_info AnnexB.en.29.04.67

Leave ftp typing "quit". Now do run IMMEDIATELY recover-exe as before (do in no case allow reboot of the box or take power off - even if reboot procedure asks so). That's it. If ftp does not open you will have to take the "stony" way to open it - hope you will be lucky.

Fb 7170

Dear Imagomundi,

I've tried about 20 times without any success.

I opened Run: CMD and couldn't type ftp.192.168.178.1 but ftp 192.168.178.1 without the dot.:confused:
Waited the 2 secs and entered! But still no connection, yeah just for a few seconds! And that is to short for whatever, it seemed to be the same when trying to RECOVER.

So what the hack :mad: am I doing wrong? :noidea:

Is it still fixable?

I opened Run: CMD and couldn't type ftp.192.168.178.1 but ftp 192.168.178.1

Why do you type "cmd" into the "run"-window? Where you type "cmd": into that window you should type "ftp 192.168.178.1" (sorry, without dot after "ftp") -NO CMD typing.

Of course it is fixable - if I would have the box here would take me 10 minutes max.

If ftp does not open within the first seconds after powering the box on you will have to open ftp with the "stony" way.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Fb 7170

Why O why!

First I have to make my own computer address static IPV4 or

Then press start; run and type ftp.192.168.178.1
This will open, in my case, firefox

Then happens nothing, I see that the connection isn't connected a red cross, its only good for a few secs...

What is the "Stony" way

Cheers

I do fully agree with you - sorry, but it's not only the box that has difficulties. And sorry again, but without having you the minimum knowledge of a network (you should at least know how to give your lan network card a fixed IP!) it will not only be difficult to help you but more than that.

Then press start; run and type ftp.192.168.178.1
Your box is "power on" or "power off" when you do this (power connected to the box or not connected?)

Fb7170

Dear Imagomundi,

Indeed it has been a long time ago when I did change networks. But I now know again! :) I've set it ip address as per your instruction (subnet mask automatically generated when entered); deafault gateway 192.168.178.1; Preferred DNS 192.168.178.1!

Regarding your last remark I power it on before I press <enter> :rolleyes:

Repeating the steps in its sequence:
0. fixed IP to your PC's network card
1. Power OFF the box (disconnect power cable)
2. type "ftp 192.168.178.1" into the window that opens on "run" - no ENTER yet-
3. Power ON the box -connect power cable-
4. after about 2 seconds (on the second flash of the POWER-LED) press ENTER

If you have problems meeting the ftp trigger point you may as well use the recovery software to establish the LAN connection. After the error message:

- abort the recover program but do not disconnect the power

- now enter your ftp command and log in

Good luck!

Teflonicus

Fb7170

Dear Imagomundi and Telefonicus,

It seems I got one step further :) First I got when entered: quote SETENV firmware_info AnnexB.en.29.04.67
the 502 Command not implemented, after six tries I got: 200 SETENV command succesful. :rock:

But when starting the recover tool it, after it has detected the version, it quickly dissapear!

When connected to the provider it all seems the same and it reboots time after time! :heul:

Question: have I forgotten something or do I need to do some additionals?

Question: have I forgotten something ...
It seems, you forgot "quote SETENV firmware_version avme"! (see post #1122 from imagomundi)

Enter again in ftp and try once more.

Good luck!

Fb 7170

Dear el_valiente,

Forgot to mention that :oops: , I indeed did that! ("quote SETENV firmware_version avme")

And after succesfully have done it I have done it 2 more times to make sure it was correct!

I furthermore asume that after have done RECOVER and it reboots itself I have to connect it to the POTS again!

Btw I assume it doesn't/shouldn't matter which firmware version is on it before RECOVER or...

Don't set firmware_info, it is set by the firmware.

Please enter the following commands (copy and paste the whole batch) and post the output:

Code:
ftp 192.168.178.1
adam2
adam2
quote GETENV HWRevision
quote GETENV ProductID
quote GETENV annex
quote GETENV firmware_version
quote GETENV firmware_info
quote GETENV bootloaderVersion
quote GETENV urlader-version
bye

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
after six tries I got: 200 SETENV command succesful. :rock:

But when starting the recover tool

1. What did you do between the command successful and starting the recover procedure? Took the box off power? Tried to connect to your provider?

2. Follow the instructions from TELEFONICUS - this gives all necessary data information of your box

Fb7170

Dear Telefonicus:

quote GETENV HWRevision : 94.1.0.0
quote GETENV ProductID: Fritz_Box_7170
quote GETENV annex: B
quote GETENV firmware_version: avme
quote GETENV firmware_info: 29.04.70
quote GETENV bootloaderVersion: 1.136
quote GETENV urlader-version: 1136

Can only connect to the Fb device after starting RECOVER first

Looks all good - except the firmware_info. Even if TELEFONICUS believes that it is of no importance: it is in this case because recover 04.67english will not work when detecting a GERMAN FW 04.70 (not that because it is German but because it is higher numbered fw - got this experience myself). So you should type into open ftp

quote SETENV firmware_info AnnexB.en.29.04.67

Do not even close ftp window and

Do NOT reboot, NOT reconnect, NOT unplug the box from power - even if recover asks you to do so!!! AND: Start RECOVER (again from the beginning)- English04.67- IMMEDIATELY - do not interrupt power - even if the procedure asks you to do so!

Connect your box ONLY to your PC - no other connections (DSL or other Lan or whatsoever)

Fb7170

Dear Imagomundi,

Tried the things you said but despite all parameters are still correct as per below
quote GETENV HWRevision : 94.1.0.0
quote GETENV ProductID: Fritz_Box_7170
quote GETENV annex: B
quote GETENV firmware_version: avme
quote GETENV firmware_info: 29.04.70
quote GETENV bootloaderVersion: 1.136
quote GETENV urlader-version: 1136

when using the RECOVER: FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7170.AnnexB.en.04.67.recover-image.exe it states "Could not determine the version!" :mad:

Can it be that between what I've set in the Fb ......AnnexB.en.29.04.67 and the filename... AnnexB.en.04.67 the "29" differs?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
German 7170 v1 -> annex A

Hi,

I have a German 7170 v1 (annex b, firmware 29.04.70) that I want to use on an annex A line (the German language and branding can stay as it is!). Therefore I uploaded the file fritz_as_avm_annex_a_kernel_args.tar to the box, but it's not working :-(

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Can it be that between what I've set in the Fb ......AnnexB.en.29.04.67 and the filename... AnnexB.en.04.67 the "29" differs?

"AnnexB.en.29.04.67.image" is the "normal" image"-exe for upgrade - "AnnexB.en.04.67.recover-image.exe" is the corresponding RECOVER-EXE. Try to do JUST as I said before but use in ftp

quote SETENV firmware_info en.29.04.67

if you get back "command successful" control it typing

quote GETENV firmware_info

If the answer is "en.29.04.67" do the RECOVER immediately - do under no circumstances reboot the box or take if off from power - all as I said before.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
AA-Idealbau
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.