Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

Do not think so. ( but just 99.9 % sure )

The 7050 has an internal ISDN bus. The configuration for this bus is missing...
I have checked the old 7050 firmware I have. There is also no english included.

Haveaniceday

Do not think so. ( but just 99.9 % sure )

The 7050 has an internal ISDN bus. The configuration for this bus is missing...
I have checked the old 7050 firmware I have. There is also no english included.

Haveaniceday

Thank you haveaniceday!

Cheers,

opensoft

You must have right ;-)), but I use Annex A anyway so I don't miss the ISDN configuration.

opensoft schrieb:
Interesting... although it would be a pity to waste a 7050 to act as an ATA. In any case, it would still be better than a common ATA because it allows for using one phone (analog or ISDN) to manage fixed line + up to ten VoIP subscriptions!

But would I loose the traffic shaping feature in such environment? Perhaps not, it could depend by the firmware... or you could have an external router respecting TOS flags... mumble... ...mumble

I have a 7050 working like ATA and router. Why would it be a pity? I don't have DSL, so I don't need to use the DSL modem part. The Ethernet output from my cable modem is plugged into LAN A port of 7050.

Traffic shaping is working, of course. Here in Croatia the broadband is very expensive and speeds are low compared to the rest of the Europe, but thanks to 7050's traffic shaping my VoIP calls are unaffected by downloads/uploads performed by other hosts in my LAN.

The additional router/firewall (Linksys WRT54GS) is behind the 7050 and provides DNS caching and other useful stuff for hosts in the LAN.

ISDN operations of 7050 (both internal S0 bus and external PSTN line) are unaffected by the choice of broadband connectivity (DSL or Ethernet), and they work like a charm.

Hello there,

googling around I collected these 7050 firmwares: :p

Size in B Filename
3,945,440 FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7050.03.66.recover-image.zip
3,850,240 fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.68.image
3,850,240 fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.71.image
3,870,720 fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.85.image
3,870,720 fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.86.image

Lame question :shock: How do I know if any of them has english?

Cheers,

opensoft

Hi.
An English Firmware has an "en" in the Filename. You can check this on ftp.avm.de.

MfG Oliver

Hi.
An English Firmware has an "en" in the Filename. You can check this on ftp.avm.de.

MfG Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I read on a previous post on this thread that some older 7050 firmwares feature both the German and the English firmware, this is why I started hunting for older releases. :rolleyes:

I was wondering how can a firmware be checked for the presence of the english web interface.

Greetings,

opensoft

~/allfritz/unpack> find . -name de | grep -i 7050
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.86.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.56.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.04.01.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.62.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.88.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.58.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.61.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.53.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
./fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.14.03.71.image.unpacked/usr/www/all/html/de
~/allfritz/unpack> find . -name en | grep -i 7050
~/allfritz/unpack> find . -name avme | grep -i 7050
~/allfritz/unpack>

As I already checked, I did not find any english 7050 image for download.
Would help: somebody with an english version makes a dump of mtd0 and mtd1
and we can access..

Haveaniceday

Does anyone know if there is an international version of the firmware for the 7140? That seems like the perfect choice because it has the router with four LAN ports, two VOIP ports and a USB connection with no DSL if you didn't need it.

I'm looking for a good price on one of these. Does anyone suggest a good place to buy from? I am living in Germany so it does not need to be shipped internationally.

Thank you.

MaLuBoB schrieb:
Does anyone know if there is an international version of the firmware for the 7140? That seems like the perfect choice because it has the router with four LAN ports, two VOIP ports and a USB connection with no DSL if you didn't need it.
I'm looking for a good price on one of these. Does anyone suggest a good place to buy from? I am living in Germany so it does not need to be shipped internationally.

Thank you.

I' ve got my 7050 at ...www . ebay . de
Just click my 7140 search.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi Geonolis,

have you finally managed to trasform your German 7050 into an International 7050?

I was wondering if you have the kind of older firmware containing both languages you were talking about.

Greetings,

opensoft

opensoft schrieb:
Hi Geonolis,
have you finally managed to trasform your German 7050 into an International 7050?
I was wondering if you have the kind of older firmware containing both languages you were talking about.
Greetings,
opensoft
I have found Version 14.03.89 but there was no avme/en inside.
Still searching.

MaLuBoB schrieb:
I'm looking for a 7140 or 7170 for a good price.
Click here.

I expect AVM had not published such a version as download.
Just international boxes came with this version.
The last download is regular available for ever.

Did anyone with an internation box ask AVM for an update ?

Haveaniceday

I used the following method to teach my Fritzbox (fon WLAN) speaking English with Annex-A accent:

At the Fritzbox setup screen (http://192.168.178.1/) click on SYSTEM then on FIRMWARE UPDATE and update the box with the following files, one after the other (the tar files are linux shell scripts. Don't untar, just leave them as is).

1. fritz_als_avm_new.tar unbrands the box

2. downgrade2.tar allows firmware downgrade (temporarily until next restart)
Do not reset, just go on updating with the next file (click on SYSTEM then on FIRMWARE UPDATE) :

3. Fritz Box Fon Wlan 8.03.37.image contains both German and English web interface

4. fritz_als_avme_new.tar switches to English
After this step the browser may have dificulties to find the new pages because it remembers the German page names. If FRITZ!Box or http://192.168.178.1/ don't work then http://fritz.fonwlan.box/cgi-bin/webcm is a good point to start.

5. fritz.box_fon_wlan.en.08.04.01.image updates to current international image
(check with AVM: http://www.avm.de/en/Download/index.php3 )

6. fritz_als_avme_annex_A_new.tar switches to annex A

After each "update" it takes a few minutes until the "INFO" LED stops blinking. It takes some more minutes until the box is fully functional and the web interface appears. 5 minutes or more is not unusual.

All the above mentioned scripts (tar files) are available from this forum (http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=68979). Get the latest firmware update from AVM (http://www.avm.de/en/Download/index.php3). The 08.03.37.image is no longer available from AVM (and not from here since ist is copyrigtht AVM). Some users share private backups on eMule.

I'm sure the whole process can be simplified by combining or skipping some of the 6 steps. If anyone knows how, don't hesitate to share your wisdom with us.

Best regards,
Telefonicus

haveaniceday schrieb:
@telefonicus,

for me it seems to be easier:

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?p=565042
create an own firmware for yourself.

Use fritz_als_avme_annex_A_new.tar to switch to Annex A.
This will give a newer firmware version.

Haveaniceday

Thanks for all the scripts you made! It works fine but now I have a hardware problem. How can I reverse it all and make my Fritzbox look like original (for AVM repair)?

best regards,
Telefonicus

Just do everything vice versa.
- Do a switch back to Annex B. ( Expect you have a Annex B box )
- update with the german firmware.
- do a "werks reset" ( factory reset)

Haveaniceday

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.