Freetz für AVM DVB-C Repeater verfügbar?

Are you sure, you haven't mixed up something?

According to the support data file from #73 (https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/freetz-für-avm-dvb-c-repeater-verfügbar.307070/post-2440840) - which was from 07.01 firmware due to the contained head lines - this firmware version HAS a NMI vector table; from section "debug Kernel output" (so also from the right place, because this part is from the running system):
Code:
[    0.330062] no support for hwid 205
[    0.333511] [avmnet] [avmnet_cfg_init] Driver version: 6.299-maca_jz52433Wed Oct 31 11:51:39 CET 2018
[    0.343050] [find_nmi_vector] nmi vector found. Firmware length 0xbcef5e bytes (erase block align 0xbd0000) vector gap size 0x1000 bytes.
[    0.355498] [find_nmi_vector] add 'urlader' size 0x20000 to length
[    0.361736] [ath_flash] NMI GAP start=0x00c00000 size=0x00001000 end=0x00bf0000
(starting from line 7360).

At the file debug_DVB-C.7.01.txt (https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/attachments/debug_dvb-c-7-01-txt.112849/) it looks a bit different - the debug log contains some more messages than kernel log, but the module name in front of the message (find_nmi_vector) assures, it's the same place:
Code:
[    0.338712] [find_nmi_vector] no nmi vector found
(line 29).

Where has it gone to? Didn't you prepare the firmware image again with a NMI vector, after you've changed filesystem's content? That's one reason, why I've proposed some scripts to automate those tasks.

If kernel's log buffer is too small to keep all messages until saving them in rc.net, you can add the command to a script, that's executed earlier - you should make sure only, that /var has been mounted already. One of the very first (shell) scripts run at startup is /etc/boot.d/core/head for systems using systemd and /etc/init.d/S01-head for rc.S approach - it's nearly the same point of initialization, which's reached there. You may append the command on those files - and if it's still too late for a rc.S-based system (systemd-based startup is a bit faster), you may move this command any further to rc.S, somewhere after tmpfs was mounted on /var.

It may look a bit annoying to you, if the efforts to get log files are growing - but it's in a matter of the very first actions of kernel, where it's setup will be done.

Meanwhile the data from /sys/firmware was published - did you try yourself to extract them on a system and compare the trees with diff or something else? Are there really any differences with the "structured" data?

We're looking for the parameters/settings used for the LAN-PHY (ath8033) - a "powerdown" attempt for this part is failing with the modified 07.27 firmware. The error message:
Code:
[    1.408638] [avmnet] [setup_phy] PHY ar8033 hanging, trying to reset it.
is from function setup_phy() in drivers/net/avm_cpmac/phy/avmnet_ar8033.c - it contains an attempt to reset the PHY first (using function reset_phy()), what's done by toggling a GPIO pin. The most probable assumption at this place is, that the wrong GPIO pin gets toggled - either our modifications regarding the FDT are wrong or the automatically selected HWSubrevision from 1750E's firmware uses the same allocations (otherwise it's not explainable, why the unmodified version may initialize the PHY) as the DVB-C model. According to this line from dmesg_1750E_original.txt (https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/attachments/dmesg_1750e_original-txt.112845/):
Code:
[    0.000000] DT @ 804cbeb0: d0 0d fe ed 00 00 1f 38
the FDT (FDT (flattened device tree) and DT (device tree) and some other terms are (most times) aliases for the same thing) from address 0x804cbeb0 is used and this is (shown here: https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/freetz-für-avm-dvb-c-repeater-verfügbar.307070/post-2440340) for HWSubrevision 0 of 1750E devices.

Do you grasp, why a comparison of the FDTs could have been so important?

But thinks are even getting weirder - I had a look into arch/mips/boot/dts directory and if there aren't much more missing files, there's no difference in the hardware layout of ALL HWSubrevision - all of them use a shared hardware description from the same file. The only difference is the subrevision member of the avm-hw-revision structure (or section):
Code:
--- Fritz_Box_HW206-0.dts       2021-02-04 18:41:59.000000000 +0100
+++ Fritz_Box_HW206-7.dts       2021-02-04 18:41:59.000000000 +0100
@@ -27,6 +27,6 @@
        avm-hw-revision {
                compatible = "avm,avm_hw_revision";
                revision = "206";
-               subrevision = "0";
+               subrevision = "7";
        };
};
But the (DTS) source files for DVB-C repeater and 1750E are completely different - it's not an option to simply compare those sources. AVM has invented a new approach to control the "human user interface" called hui (that's at least my interpretation of this name) - it seems to be in charge of all LEDs and buttons (and surely more internal "events" regarding interface actions). This part is completely missing from the (older) DVB-C configuration sources - what makes it impossible, to compile this DTS file simply and to use it instead of the original one for 1750E.

If there's no (sure) difference in hardware layout (Who claimed first to have detected one?), it's not expedient anymore, to modify the kernel. I've started reading (late) about the original problem at the point, where your question regarding the compilation/usage of a different DTS file arised.

Maybe it's a more promising approach to look further, why the WLAN hardware isn't started with the 1750E's firmware - possibly it's sufficient to modify the WLAN configuration (I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, too, it's in the files from /etc/$CONFIG_PRODUKT/$OEM/wlan*) to select the right parameters. We know meanwhile (see a few paragraphs above), that this variant of firmware version and device selects the entries for HWSubrevision 0 (due to a missing sub-revision 2 - what's reported from urlader environment), but the WLAN "configurator" uses further sources:
Rich (BBCode):
[   16.198414] [wlan_config] Given config is:
[   16.198435] [wlan_config]   hw_interface=0 chip_type=8 (scorpion) offload=1 (non)
[   16.198447] [wlan_config]   hw_interface=1 chip_type=11 (peregrine) offload=1 (non)
[   16.198486] [avmnet] [link_work_handler] Link changed status 0x7460210
[   16.203037] avm_net_trace: New net trace device 'WLAN Management Traffic' registered with minor 128.
[   16.203438] [wlan_config] HWRevision now 205
[   16.203468] [wlan_config] HWSubRevision now 2
[   16.203507] [wlan_config] maca now 5c:49:79:4f:a8:8e
[   16.204065] avm_net_trace: udev device avm_net_trace128 created
[   16.255627] [wlan_eeprom] EEPROM1: Awaiting calibration data via char dev
[   16.255798] [wlan_eeprom] New valid EEPROM1 loaded
[   16.255811] [wlan_eeprom] EEPROM #1, type "AR93xx/AR95xx":
[   16.255839] [wlan_eeprom] Customer data="DVBC_Repeater_CAL1_V"
[   16.255880] [wlan_eeprom] MinCCAPwr thresh set to 2GHz:-70,-70,-70 5GHz:-1,0,0
[   16.255888] [wlan_eeprom] Build with ART2 4.4
[   16.255984] [wlan_eeprom] EEPROM2: Awaiting calibration data via char dev
[   16.256053] [wlan_eeprom] New valid EEPROM2 loaded
[   16.256062] [wlan_eeprom] EEPROM #2, type "QCA98xx":
[   16.256086] [wlan_eeprom] Customer data="DVBC_Repeater_CAL2_V"
[   16.256094] [wlan_eeprom] patching regDmnExt to enable ext chan 144 for fcc
and if I look at those messages, it doesn't look as wrong as expected. Quite the contrary - it looks like the hardware was initialized successfully and even the EEPROM data was found - up to this point the WLAN hardware initialization looks fine in my opinion.

Let's put the last attempts on side (at least yet) and have a look at the "original" problem ... to get a clue, what's going wrong (and when), I want to get the output of cat /dev/debug after the problem occurred (as mentioned above, it's more than kernel messages only) - it should start (at least) with the lines shown above (to verify, whether the hardware was set up).

Maybe you've shown this elsewhere already - but please accept, I'll not search (certainly not for old logs), I want to read the most current logs, freshly created and with a description, which firmware was used. And if you create an image file with a modified filesystem (you will do this to get shell access), don't forget to add the NMI table again. Maybe this is absolutely unnecessary - but we don't know this for sure and it's one of the smaller efforts, we're faced with.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Are you upset now, that previous attempts were not really useful (at the end) and this led us to a dead-end so far? (I can't see this so for myself, because I've got (or took) the opportunity to write something about FRITZ!Box firmware structures in English - maybe it could help anyone later with another problem.)

Or is this only another delay/pause due to other work is more important at this moment? Everyone would understand the latter one - but if you will (or want to) surrender now, give me a hint please.

@PeterPawn

Yep, you are right I messed up with the adding nmi to the repacked 7.01 and 7.08 firmware, however they boot just fine without nmi. Please find the logs from the 7.08_nmi_added attached. Just a notice that "cat /dev/debug" hangs almost each try, so if added to the different rc.X files it blocks the boot process. So I took the debug logs from the support data file.

7.01 firmware has the size less than 0xBE0000. I padded it to 0xBE0000 with zeros but then I found out the original firmware has some values after 0xBE1000:

Code:
freetz@freetz:~/freetz-ng$ hexdump -C -s $(( 0xBE1000 - 64 )) -n 128 DVB_C-07.01.image
00be0fc0  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00be1000  23 de 53 c4 96 1d f7 79                           |#.S....y|
00be1008

Is it some checksum or so? What shall I do with adding nmi to 7.01?

it's in the files from /etc/$CONFIG_PRODUKT/$OEM/wlan*) to select the right parameters
You mean replace the content of filesystem/etc/default.Fritz_Box_HW205 of 1750E with the content of 7.01 or 7.08 and remove filesystem/etc/default.Fritz_Box_HW206? I tried to do smth like that in #75 but I just moved filesystem/etc/default.Fritz_Box_HW206 to filesystem/etc/default.Fritz_Box_HW205 inside the 1750E original.

Anhänge

• dmesg_DVB-C.7.08.txt
    24.8 KB · Aufrufe: 0
  • debug_DVB-C.7.08.txt
    26 KB · Aufrufe: 0
Is it some checksum or so?
Yes, it's a checksum, but THIS may be ignored for sure - it's only used to verify the image, before it gets flashed by AVM's install script.

You mean replace the content
Not as a first attempt - I meant: "Read and try to understand the content of those files and the differences (if any) between HWRevision 205 and 206."

Just a notice that "cat /dev/debug" hangs almost each try
That's "normal", too - use a command echo AVMDBG_EOF 1 >/dev/debug in front of the cat /dev/debug ... it's some "special" handling by this driver.

I'm unsure, whether we had another misunderstanding (due to logs from 07.08 in your last post) - I would prefer to put further investigations with older firmwares on side for a while. According to some scraps of log files (running 07.27 on DVB-C device) I've seen meanwhile, it's probably no hardware layout problem.

Please use the original 07.27 firmware (of 1750E) on your DVB-C device and try to accumulate output (at least kernel messages, better /dev/debug output, because it's kernel messages and more info) up to the time, where "the problem" occurs (in your opinion).

I'm not sure, whether there was any visible(!) problem in a log file earlier ... and not only misinterpreted messages (as I thought to have catched one with a "missing entry for HWRev 205" somewhere above) and a deduction: "WLAN is not available", due to some problems to find the SSID with other WLAN STAs.

Can you remember, how your first attempt to use the "alien" was done? Usually you have had to install the alien image via EVA access, don't you? Did you do a "factory reset" as next? Only to be sure, that no older settings from the previous DVB-C firmware have been left? That's one idea (for possible problems), I'd got while trying to retrace the steps you've taken while installing the alien image.

Please use the original 07.27 firmware (of 1750E) on your DVB-C device and try to accumulate output (at least kernel messages, better /dev/debug output, because it's kernel messages and more info) up to the time, where "the problem" occurs (in your opinion).
Hi there. Please find dmesg and debug logs attached. I put the commands to rc.net and even though 1750E is systemd based it helped to get the complete dmesg log. As for debug logs they are started each time with this ~9sec record ("reanimated debugbuffer: read=0 write=0, written=0") and are not cleaned up with time. Those debug logs records can be also found in the dmesg logs. So I guess they are duplicated in there.

Usually you have had to install the alien image via EVA access, don't you?
Correct. I always use EVA to flash images.

Did you do a "factory reset" as next?
I can't do factory reset with the alien FTD patched image due it is constantly kernel panic as you aware. Or there is a way to send the factory reset command via EVA? But I did factory reset after flashing 1750E original and that didn't help (there is no WLAN still).

Anhänge

• dmesg_1750E_original.txt
    31.5 KB · Aufrufe: 1
  • debug_1750E_original.txt
    3.7 KB · Aufrufe: 1
I can't see any line (looking into both files) I would interpret as error messages, which explain why WLAN shouldn't work. Do you agree? If not, which messages are suspicious in your opinion?

Please try to collect further log files regarding WLAN functionality - e.g. some WLAN-related files from /var, where their names are showing a relation:
Rich (BBCode):
~ # find /var -name "wlan*" -type f -xdev -exec ls -l '{}' \;
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           263 Jun 28 15:30 /var/log/wland_hal_remoted.log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             8 Jan  1  1970 /var/run/wlanlib.ready
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             5 Jan  1  1970 /var/run/wland.pid
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          5119 Jun 28 15:30 /var/tmp/wlan_dynamic.cfg
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          5741 Jun 28 15:30 /var/tmp/wlan_roles
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1350 Jun 28 15:30 /var/tmp/wland_support.log
and others, like hostapd.log, notify_avmnet.log from /var/log. Hopefully they contain more info - but I'm not sure, which of those files are even available in a repeater firmware.

Another try to make the role of /dev/debug better understandable ... this is a replacement of the kernel message buffer (with more features), that may be controlled by some commands. One command is the aforementioned AVMDBG_EOF <0|1>, which sets the decision, whether EOF is signaled at the end of available messages from buffer (and cat terminates due to this EOF condition) or if the next read attempt is delayed until next data becomes available.

There're some artifacts of /dev/debug handling in AVM's initialization files ... if a running process of cat /dev/debug is found, it's terminated in /etc/boot.d/core/tail:
Rich (BBCode):
vidar:~/._fritzbox/FR1750E/squashfs-root $ cat etc/boot.d/core/tail
#!/bin/sh
set -e
. /etc/boot.d/msg
if $(ps | grep -v grep | grep -q "cat /dev/debug") ; then
msg_info have to stop 'cat /dev/debug'.
echo AVMDBG_EOF 1 > /dev/debug
fi
## set printk level to KERN_ERR
echo "4" > /proc/sysrq-trigger
## Ausgaben asyncron fuer alle Boxen
echo AVM_PRINTK > /dev/debug
vidar:~/._fritzbox/FR1750E/squashfs-root #
Setting EOF to 1 terminates the last issued (and waiting) read request and the cat process gets terminated. At the same time the log level for kernel messages is set to a value, that will only print error messages any further. So you may start one single cat /dev/debug > /var/tmp/debug_messages.part1, after the output location becomes available, but you should write a AVMDBG_EOF 0 to the device first, so your cat process (which has to be started asynchronously) will not terminate at the (current) end of buffered messages.

After it gets stopped by the script shown above, you should restart the process again (use another target for redirection) and set kernel log level to something more informational (https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/core-api/printk-basics.html) - a value of 6 should fit here.

Best you add the commands for the second output at the end of the mentioned file - or you remove the shown commands (at CODE box above), so that the once-started output command keeps running and the log level is never reduced.

And don't issue any further AVMDBG_EOF commands, when an instance of cat is running - it's simply a "switch" as mentioned above and you will not get additional messages, if you try to start more attempts to read data from /dev/debug.

The repeated lines at second 88 ([avm_debug]unknown mode: use: STD_PRINTK, AVM_PRINTK or AVMDBG_EOF <on>) are unexpected and looking strange and I can't find any place in the (original and) unpacked 1750E's firmware 07.27, where further writes (with invalid syntax) to /dev/debug would occur - so I assume, this was your input or your changes (because 6x input within one second isn't rather not from "a human at the keyboard").

If you did collect the above mentioned files with (hopefully) further info, you should add a new output of /dev/debug (one or two files - solely at your option), too - I hope, they will contain more info (due to a more informational log level for kernel message - you could set this before the first command to save output already to 6) and if there're timestamps somewhere in the logged messages, we should be able to match them over different files.

EDIT: Please add a copy of the event log, too - it may be dumped to a file using the eventsdump command from a shell.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@PeterPawn

Please find the logs attached.

I couldn't produce the logs from /dev/debug earlier than the time which you can find inside the logs in the attachment file. I commented out the required block and amended the log level to 6. I tried to use two files:

Code:
squashfs-root/etc/boot.d/core/tail
#!/bin/sh
set -e
. /etc/boot.d/msg
#if $(ps | grep -v grep | grep -q "cat /dev/debug") ; then
#msg_info have to stop 'cat /dev/debug'.
#echo AVMDBG_EOF 1 > /dev/debug
#fi
## set printk level to KERN_ERR
echo "6" > /proc/sysrq-trigger
## Ausgaben asyncron fuer alle Boxen
echo AVM_PRINTK > /dev/debug

echo AVMDBG_EOF 0 >/dev/debug
nohup cat /dev/debug >>/var/debug1 &
dmesg > /var/dmesg1
cat /var/debug1 > /var/debug2

and I also tried to add to the end of the script where the filesystems are mounted squashfs-root/etc/boot.d/core/head.

The same result - debug records always start at ~9-10sec.

I used "nohup" and "&" to put the command into the background and it won't be killed while running w/o TTY and using I/O operations and it won't block the booting process otherwise booting just hangs which is expected with "AVMDBG_EOF 0". I even used ">>" to not overwrite the log file content but still no luck.

Also I tried to immediately redirect the debug1 log to another log file debug2 due to I thought records in the debug1 log will disappear with time (maybe this "debug" device while doing cat constantly will evict older logs) but for some reason debug2 log became empty. I also tried to add "sleep" command with 1sec, 3sec, 8sec before the "cat /var/debug1 > /var/debug2" but no luck - the debug2 is still empty and just starting time of records inside the debug1 log increased to the same value.

If you look into dmesg log you can find such record:

Code:
[    8.829339]
               [avm_debug] redirecting kernel-messages (/dev/debug)

and after that the logs from debug are duplicated to dmesg log. So I assume nothing more we can do.

As for other wlan logs/configs I found/generated with support tools they are also inside the archive.

Anhänge

• 1750E_original_logs.zip
    31.7 KB · Aufrufe: 4
I've seen your logs - and I'm still reading/analyzing data. This may take some time, maybe up to the next weekend.

At a first glance it's mysterious, why ath0 and ath1 interfaces (my assumption/understanding of locigal names for WLAN hardware interfaces wifi0 and wifi1 in this version) seem to be unavailable while trying to configure settings at WLAN startup.

Was there a support data file from 07.27 on DVB-C repeater in this thread already? I'm looking for a list of network interfaces - either from ifconfig and ip addr show (ifconfig alone will usually not show the VLAN allocations) or from support data file. I want to make sure, which interfaces exist - or not, what would lead us to the question, how it's with older firmware tailored for DVB-C model.

This is the line, that's looking strange to me:
Code:
23:18.15/[0081.220]:[ERR]wifi_registration_timer_cb:343: wait for hardware interfaces timed out
My interpretation would be, that the wland "hardware abstraction layer" (it's code by AVM, located in /lib/libwland_hal.so - to provide a more unique interface for different WLAN hardware vendors, chipsets and configurations) waits here for some (hardware) interfaces (and is repeatedly trying to find them), but those do not get created - but they should appear, due to missing failures (or related messages) from loading the hardware driver modules (up to qca_ol or qca_da, as listed in /etc/qca/modules - which module is the right one depends on, whether hardware is direct-attached or offloaded, as the Scorpion chipset in a 7490 model). I would expect, that the ath_dev module is (according to its name) in charge of creating the missed interface ath0 and the qca_[da|ol] module for ath1.

The HAL code is looking for the interfaces of roles "role_1" (with station ID 1) and "role_2" (with station ID 2) - as far as I understand the messages and configuration files - and their names should be ath0 and ath1, according to wlan_product.cfg. With other devices, there's a file /var/tmp/wlan_dynamic.cfg - it contains the (as the name says: dynamically generated) configuration used for WLAN components - I'm a bit surprised, that it does not exist on your repeater, too.

Best the interface info gets extracted twice ... once while the first WLAN start attempt is still running (within seconds 16 to 81 - where the first attempt gets cancelled) and one more time, after WLAN initialization was aborted (sometimes after second 145). Possibly the missing wlan_dynamic.cfg file exists only, while wland is running?

I've tried to compare your logs with the files from my 7490 - where the same chipset is used to provide WLAN features. These logs look (as far as expectable) equal to yours - up to those lines:
Code:
[    4.877537] [wlan_config] Given config is:
[    4.877703] [wlan_config]   hw_interface=0 chip_type=8 (scorpion) offload=1 (non)
[    4.877801] [wlan_config]   hw_interface=1 chip_type=11 (peregrine) offload=1 (non)
[    4.879606] avm_net_trace: New net trace device 'WLAN Management Traffic' registered with minor 128.
[    4.879977] avm_net_trace: udev device avm_net_trace128 created
[    4.880446] [wlan_config] HWRevision now 185
[    4.880642] [wlan_config] HWSubRevision now 3
[    4.880802] [wlan_config] maca now 08:96:d7:6e:9a:31
[    4.904796] [wlan_eeprom] EEPROM1: Awaiting calibration data via char dev
[    4.904878] [wlan_eeprom] New valid EEPROM1 loaded
[    4.904890] [wlan_eeprom] EEPROM #1, type "AR93xx/AR95xx":
[    4.904919] [wlan_eeprom] Customer data="AVM7490_CAL1_V1"
[    4.904936] [wlan_eeprom] eeprom version 1
[    4.904945] [wlan_eeprom] Old tempSlope2g values found - patching
[    4.904966] [wlan_eeprom] patching 2 GHz agv from 0.0 to 2.0
[    4.904985] [wlan_eeprom] regDmn=0x8114 - patching to 0
[    4.905020] [wlan_eeprom] Build with ART2 4.9
[    4.905093] [wlan_eeprom] EEPROM2: Awaiting calibration data via char dev
[    4.905153] [wlan_eeprom] New valid EEPROM2 loaded
[    4.905164] [wlan_eeprom] EEPROM #2, type "QCA98xx":
[    4.905189] [wlan_eeprom] Customer data="AVM7490_CAL2_V1"
[    4.905204] [wlan_eeprom] eeprom version 1
[    4.905216] [wlan_eeprom] patching 5 GHz agv from 0.0 to 3.0
[    4.905233] [wlan_eeprom] regDmn=0x8114 - patching to 0
[    4.905250] [wlan_eeprom] patching regDmnExt to enable ext chan 144 for fcc
[    4.928408] [module-mem] give 0x2000 bytes at 81121000 to module 'mem_manager' (0x404000 bytes left)
[    4.941451] [module-mem] give 0x2000 bytes at 81123000 to module 'asf' (0x402000 bytes left)
[    4.955568] [module-mem] give 0x7000 bytes at 81125000 to module 'qdf' (0x3fb000 bytes left)
[    4.986336] [module-mem] give 0x12000 bytes at 8112c000 to module 'ath_dfs' (0x3e9000 bytes left)
[    4.988925] ath_dfs: Version 2.0.0
[    4.988925] Copyright (c) 2005-2006 Atheros Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved
[    4.990319] [module-mem] give 0x9000 bytes at 8113e000 to module 'ath_spectral' (0x3e0000 bytes left)
[    4.992137] ath_spectral: Version 2.0.0
[    4.992137] Copyright (c) 2005-2009 Atheros Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved
[    5.181074] AVM_WATCHDOG: System Init Ueberwachung abgeschlossen (294 s noch verfuegbar)
[    5.665074] [module-mem] give 0x192000 bytes at 81147000 to module 'umac' (0x24e000 bytes left)
[    5.711791] _avm_ath_ext_attach_ieee:77
[    5.824509] [module-mem] give 0x5e000 bytes at 812d9000 to module 'ath_hal' (0x1f0000 bytes left)
[    5.832819] ath_hal: 0.9.17.1 (AR9380, REGOPS_FUNC, WRITE_EEPROM, 11D)
[    5.846661] [module-mem] give 0x9000 bytes at 81337000 to module 'ath_rate_atheros' (0x1e7000 bytes left)
[    5.848111] ath_rate_atheros: Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Atheros Communications, Inc, All Rights Reserved
[    5.960847] [module-mem] give 0x51000 bytes at 81340000 to module 'ath_dev' (0x196000 bytes left)
[    5.970601] ath_dev: Copyright (c) 2001-2007 Atheros Communications, Inc, All Rights Reserved
[    6.060034] [module-mem] give 0x39000 bytes at 81391000 to module 'qca_da' (0x15d000 bytes left)
There aren't any obvious errors in my opinion, in neither of the logs (up until lines shown above). But the expected devices ath0 and ath1 seem not to appear ... I'll try to compare this with a firmware made for the DVB-C device (but later).

I've got some time to look further only today. As far as I've found messages from the various logs above, there's no other problem beneath the missing interfaces. My interpretation is, that the "hardware interfaces" (wifi0 and wifi1) are available at some time during the tried initialization - e.g. the line GreenAP on wifi0: Attached makes only sense (to me), if the mentioned interface exists at this moment - you can't attach something to an interface, that's missing. Either the message is wrong (I would not exclude this option at all) or the interface exists really (at this moment!).

The messages:
Code:
23:36.13/[0142.050]:[ERR]lib_hal_get_client_list_by_id:273: No iface name found for station 1.
23:36.13/[0142.050]:[ERR]lib_hal_get_client_list_by_id:273: No iface name found for station 2.
23:36.15/[0144.040]:[ERR]wifi_registration_timer_cb:343: wait for hardware interfaces timed out
are further on the only sign of some problems - at least I can't see any others.

Because AVM's component wland uses libwland_hal.so to load and unload the WLAN-related drivers, there's no output available, which shows the results of loading those drivers. The only part, where we can see some interfaces (in the support data file above), is the short section with output from iwconfig and it's not the state from the moment, where the drivers have been loaded, it's the later configuration, which has been left over, after wland was shut down due to consecutive errors.

To get any clue, what happens after each one of the drivers was loaded, you should load the modules yourself. A list is available in /etc/qca/modules - the parameter in /etc/qca/modules_param may be ignored, because (in my opinion) the affected driver qca_ol.ko is the wrong one for this model, where the hardware is directly attached to the system.

Don't forget to run ifconfig and ip addr show multiple times (after EACH single one of those drivers has been loaded) - and naturally the debug output - with redirected kernel messages - is needed, too. The goal is to get the reactions of the system (and the list of available interfaces and changes to this list), while the drivers are loaded in a manner, that a "trace" of changes is possible.

EDIT: And add the output of lsmod to your log, please - this will reveal the dependencies of the loaded WLAN driver modules.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
To get any clue, what happens after each one of the drivers was loaded, you should load the modules yourself. A list is available in /etc/qca/modules - the parameter in /etc/qca/modules_param may be ignored, because (in my opinion) the affected driver qca_ol.ko is the wrong one for this model, where the hardware is directly attached to the system.
Code:
# modprobe -v mem_manager
# modprobe -v asf
# modprobe -v qdf
# modprobe -v ath_spectral

# modprobe -v ath_dfs
modprobe: can't load module aae (net/aae.ko): Invalid argument
# modprobe -v umac
# modprobe -v ath_hal
# modprobe -v ath_rate_atheros
# modprobe -v ath_dev
# modprobe -v qca_da
# modprobe -v qca_ol
# modprobe -v aae

Nothing changes in the output of "ifconfig" or "ip a" commands when first 4 modules loaded:

Code:
# ip a
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
2: gmac0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 128
    link/ether 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,ALLMULTI,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel master lan state UP group default qlen 128
    link/ether 5c:49:79:4f:a8:8e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
4: lan: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 128
    link/ether 42:49:79:4f:a8:90 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.188.20/24 brd 192.168.188.255 scope global lan
    inet 169.254.1.1/16 brd 169.254.255.255 scope global lan:0
    inet6 fe80::4049:79ff:fe4f:a890/64 scope link
5: guest: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 128
6: hotspot: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN group default qlen 128
11: guest_ct1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,ALLMULTI,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel master guest state UNKNOWN group default qlen 128
    link/ether 76:fb:6a:25:fc:02 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

# ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 5C:49:79:4F:A8:8E
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING ALLMULTI MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:1620410 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:221082 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:128
          RX bytes:385337083 (367.4 MiB)  TX bytes:53907258 (51.4 MiB)

guest     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 42:49:79:4F:A8:90
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:5 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:408 (408.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

guest_ct1 Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 76:FB:6A:25:FC:02
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

hotspot   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 42:49:79:4F:A8:90
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

lan       Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 42:49:79:4F:A8:90
          inet addr:192.168.188.20  Bcast:192.168.188.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::4049:79ff:fe4f:a890/64 Scope:Link
          RX packets:1191506 errors:0 dropped:26 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:199230 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:273509120 (260.8 MiB)  TX bytes:50750120 (48.3 MiB)

lan:0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 42:49:79:4F:A8:90
          inet addr:169.254.1.1  Bcast:169.254.255.255  Mask:255.255.0.0

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:66464 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:66464 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1
          RX bytes:12231809 (11.6 MiB)  TX bytes:12231809 (11.6 MiB)

Code:
# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
ath_spectral           30688  0
qdf                    21840  1 ath_spectral
asf                     6640  1 ath_spectral
mem_manager             6752  0
kspeedtest             12096  0
zram                   15360  1
krextdmod             250560  8
cchardev               15104  1 krextdmod
cprocfsmod              8960  2 krextdmod,cchardev
hui                   112272  2

While adding modules which produce "can't load module aae (net/aae.ko): Invalid argument" error you can see inside the dmesg:
Code:
[655024.595433] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655024.604758] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655066.069242] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655066.078615] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655075.919391] ath_spectral: Version 2.0.0
                Copyright (c) 2005-2009 Atheros Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved
[655081.757517] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655081.768944] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655088.421747] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655088.433148] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655096.333887] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655096.345199] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655101.301739] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655101.313054] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655107.670027] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655107.681377] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655115.093988] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655115.105378] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655122.038343] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655122.047790] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655127.334091] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655127.345509] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655227.280634] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655227.289947] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655260.104952] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[655260.114166] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!

Code:
# cat /etc/qca/modules
mem_manager
asf
qdf
ath_dfs
ath_spectral
umac
ath_hal
ath_rate_atheros
ath_dev
qca_da
qca_ol
aae
# cat /etc/qca/modules_param
qca_ol:otp_mod_param=0
# modprobe -v qca_ol otp_mod_param=0

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sorry ... my fault. You can't use modprobe - I didn't mention this, because I thought, you're aware of the different effects of modprobe and insmod. While modprobe tries to solve dependencies (and this version of firmware uses the BusyBox applet modprobe, while others have been migrated to use kmod utilities instead - the BusyBox version of modprobe is more or less only a stub with reduced capabilities) and to load such modules itself automatically (what changes the order of loading, too), the insmod utility simply takes the specified file and loads it using the functions to add a kernel module (https://linux.die.net/man/2/finit_module).

While checking the unpacked filesystem structure, you may find yourself, that modprobe is only rarely referenced and no reference is from a place which is related to WLAN (don't get fuzzed by the older WLAN init code (the green lines) from rc.net - it's not used if a rc.wlan script exists) ... but insmod is used by the (some times already mentioned) library libwland_hal.so:
Rich (BBCode):
vidar:~/._fritzbox/FR1750E/squashfs-root # grep -r modprobe
grep: lib/libspeedtest.so.0.0.0: binary file matches
etc/boot.d/core/modules:if ! modprobe "${line}"; then
etc/boot.d/watchdog:modprobe hui || modprobe led_module
etc/init.d/rc.net:        modprobe ${WLAN_DRIVER}
etc/init.d/rc.net:                                          modprobe ${WLAN_DRIVER}
grep: bin/busybox: binary file matches
grep: usr/lib/libkmod.so.2.3.3: binary file matches
usr/bin/ptest-waitForNetwork.sh:#                Achja, es wird jedesmal ein modprobe und brctl addif des USB-LAN-Adapters gemacht,
vidar:~/._fritzbox/FR1750E/squashfs-root # grep -r insmod
grep: lib/libwland_hal.so.1.0.0: binary file matches
etc/init.d/rc.net:      insmod ${WLAN_DRIVER}.o
etc/init.d/rc.net:                                          insmod ${WLAN_DRIVER}.o
grep: bin/busybox: binary file matches
vidar:~/._fritzbox/FR1750E/squashfs-root # 
Maybe this is an older reference, too, or it will change in the near future ... I would bet, that one reason for AVM to migrate to the kmod utilities was the fact, that a single library (libkmod) contains nearly all needed functions and a multi-call binary named kmod only calls the requested functions from this library, according to the symbolic link used to invoke the program. That makes it pretty easy to call the library functions directly ... beside all the other code for parameter validation, there are only two calls needed to load a kernel module from a file: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kmod/kmod.git/tree/tools/insmod.c#n142 - but that seems still to be a task for future, because there's no direct reference from libwland_hal.so to the mentioned libkmod.so yet.

But back to my previous explanation/request ... please try it again using insmod instead and if there're still further error messages from some modules, that any parameters are missing, the next task would be to check, which parameters are supported by those modules (using modinfo) and if there're still any doubts, what should be specified for a parameter, the only approach (I can see) would be a check with an older (4.4.60-based) firmware - the used parameters should be readable from the modules part of sysfs (under /sys/module/<name>/parameters/...).

Comparing the load order (from dmesg output) with content of /etc/qca/modules, I would think, those modules are loaded in the order their names are read from file. That's why, I would try to mimic the same order as close as possible - it's the best chance to avoid further problems ... but possibly it could help to vary this order later, if some (unexpected) dependencies were found by the next tests.

At least your last attempt has shown, that the wifi0 and wifi1 interfaces didn't appear at any time - as far as I understood your post. If I still believe to the sense of message: "attached to wifi0" (from something with a module name/ID "GreenAP"), one of the modules HAS TO create at least this interface (if it's loaded successfully).

But back to my previous explanation/request ... please try it again using insmod instead and if there're still further error messages from some modules, that any parameters are missing, the next task would be to check, which parameters are supported by those modules (using modinfo) and if there're still any doubts, what should be specified for a parameter, the only approach (I can see) would be a check with an older (4.4.60-based) firmware - the used parameters should be readable from the modules part of sysfs (under /sys/module/<name>/parameters/...).
Code:
# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_dfs.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_dfs.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

dmesg:
[663828.848515] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_context_clear_dfs_chan_clear_list (err 0)
[663828.848554] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_init_radar_info (err 0)
[663828.848579] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_add_to_radar_history (err 0)
[663828.848640] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_add_string_to_radar_info (err 0)
[663828.848710] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_context_clear_dfs_chan_clear (err 0)
[663828.852104] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_context_clear_dfs_chan_clear_list (err 0)
[663828.852142] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_init_radar_info (err 0)
[663828.852167] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_add_to_radar_history (err 0)
[663828.852227] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_add_string_to_radar_info (err 0)
[663828.852298] ath_dfs: Unknown symbol avm_context_clear_dfs_chan_clear (err 0)

# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/umac.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/umac.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

[663936.549392] umac: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_channel_notification (err 0)
[663936.549424] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_clear_dfs_chan_clear_list (err 0)
[663936.549457] umac: Unknown symbol dfs_nol_addchan (err 0)
[663936.549494] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_is_dfs_chan_clear (err 0)
[663936.549519] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_sniffer_deregister_vap_trace_device (err 0)
[663936.549656] umac: Unknown symbol _avm_ath_ext_attach_ieee (err 0)
[663936.549714] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_vattach_vap (err 0)
[663936.549750] umac: Unknown symbol avm_ioctl (err 0)
[663936.549813] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_send (err 0)
[663936.549838] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_vdetach_vap (err 0)
[663936.549878] umac: Unknown symbol dfs_is_channel_in_nol (err 0)
[663936.549956] umac: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_green_ap_notification (err 0)
[663936.550013] umac: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_vap_trace_rx_tp1_eth (err 0)
[663936.550095] umac: Unknown symbol avm_ath_ext_detach_ieee (err 0)
[663936.550149] umac: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_dbg_trace_skb_rx (err 0)
[663936.550259] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_radar_send (err 0)
[663936.550326] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_set_vap_netdev (err 0)
[663936.550370] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_green_ap_send (err 0)
[663936.550397] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_get_dfs_chan_clear_entry_count (err 0)
[663936.550428] umac: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_dbg_trace_skb_eth_rx (err 0)
[663936.550467] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_radar_dfs_wait_send (err 0)
[663936.550489] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_driver_send (err 0)
[663936.550522] umac: Unknown symbol dfs_deliver_events (err 0)
[663936.550566] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_sniffer_register_vap_trace_device (err 0)
[663936.550607] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_is_dfs_chan_clear_all_ext (err 0)
[663936.550632] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_wland_send (err 0)
[663936.550672] umac: Unknown symbol avm_pow_notify_update (err 0)
[663936.550716] umac: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_clear_all_maxpwr_entries (err 0)
[663936.550736] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_coexist_send (err 0)
[663936.550774] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_mark_dfs_chan_clear (err 0)
[663936.550897] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_radar_dfs_wait_precac_send (err 0)
[663936.550943] umac: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_put_values (err 0)
[663936.550989] umac: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_dbg_trace_skb_tx (err 0)
[663936.608055] umac: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_channel_notification (err 0)
[663936.608088] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_clear_dfs_chan_clear_list (err 0)
[663936.608120] umac: Unknown symbol dfs_nol_addchan (err 0)
[663936.608157] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_is_dfs_chan_clear (err 0)
[663936.608183] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_sniffer_deregister_vap_trace_device (err 0)
[663936.608320] umac: Unknown symbol _avm_ath_ext_attach_ieee (err 0)
[663936.608377] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_vattach_vap (err 0)
[663936.608413] umac: Unknown symbol avm_ioctl (err 0)
[663936.608476] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_send (err 0)
[663936.608501] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_vdetach_vap (err 0)
[663936.608541] umac: Unknown symbol dfs_is_channel_in_nol (err 0)
[663936.608619] umac: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_green_ap_notification (err 0)
[663936.608675] umac: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_vap_trace_rx_tp1_eth (err 0)
[663936.608758] umac: Unknown symbol avm_ath_ext_detach_ieee (err 0)
[663936.608811] umac: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_dbg_trace_skb_rx (err 0)
[663936.608921] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_radar_send (err 0)
[663936.608987] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_set_vap_netdev (err 0)
[663936.609031] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_green_ap_send (err 0)
[663936.609058] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_get_dfs_chan_clear_entry_count (err 0)
[663936.609089] umac: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_dbg_trace_skb_eth_rx (err 0)
[663936.609128] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_radar_dfs_wait_send (err 0)
[663936.609150] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_driver_send (err 0)
[663936.609183] umac: Unknown symbol dfs_deliver_events (err 0)
[663936.609226] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_sniffer_register_vap_trace_device (err 0)
[663936.609268] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_is_dfs_chan_clear_all_ext (err 0)
[663936.609293] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_wland_send (err 0)
[663936.609387] umac: Unknown symbol avm_pow_notify_update (err 0)
[663936.609435] umac: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_clear_all_maxpwr_entries (err 0)
[663936.609456] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_coexist_send (err 0)
[663936.609494] umac: Unknown symbol avm_context_mark_dfs_chan_clear (err 0)
[663936.609617] umac: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_radar_dfs_wait_precac_send (err 0)
[663936.609663] umac: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_put_values (err 0)
[663936.609710] umac: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_dbg_trace_skb_tx (err 0)

# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_hal.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_hal.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

[663978.804489] ath_hal: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_eeprom_read_word (err 0)
[663978.804524] ath_hal: Unknown symbol avm_lifetest_antsw_needed (err 0)
[663978.804560] ath_hal: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_update_pwr_on_chan (err 0)
[663978.804638] ath_hal: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_eeprom_write_word (err 0)
[663978.819933] ath_hal: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_eeprom_read_word (err 0)
[663978.819967] ath_hal: Unknown symbol avm_lifetest_antsw_needed (err 0)
[663978.820003] ath_hal: Unknown symbol avm_radioenv_update_pwr_on_chan (err 0)
[663978.820080] ath_hal: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_eeprom_write_word (err 0)

# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_rate_atheros.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_rate_atheros.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

[664013.763802] ath_rate_atheros: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_device_info (err 0)
[664013.765619] ath_rate_atheros: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_device_info (err 0)

# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_dev.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_dev.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

[664050.170430] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_table_init (err 0)
[664050.170465] ath_dev: Unknown symbol wlan_update_radio_priorities (err 0)
[664050.170486] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_tx_complete (err 0)
[664050.170506] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_set_timer_period (err 0)
[664050.170529] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ieee80211_reset_client_rt_rate (err 0)
[664050.170573] ath_dev: Unknown symbol _ath_hal_attach (err 0)
[664050.170595] ath_dev: Unknown symbol green_ap_register_funcs (err 0)
[664050.170625] ath_dev: Unknown symbol num_global_scn (err 0)
[664050.170649] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_display_tpctables (err 0)
[664050.170668] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ieee80211_acs_get_param (err 0)
[664050.170691] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_free_consistent (err 0)
[664050.170711] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_set_config_param (err 0)
[664050.170737] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_attach (err 0)
[664050.170755] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ieee80211_acs_set_param (err 0)
[664050.170776] ath_dev: Unknown symbol __wbuf_uapsd_update (err 0)
[664050.170804] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_suspend (err 0)
[664050.170824] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_set_mcast_rate (err 0)
[664050.170855] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rxbuf_alloc (err 0)
[664050.170885] ath_dev: Unknown symbol findCountryCode (err 0)
[664050.170908] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_timer_is_initialized (err 0)
[664050.170927] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_newassoc (err 0)
[664050.170951] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_get_transition_time (err 0)
[664050.170970] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_cancel_timer (err 0)
[664050.170989] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_state_mc (err 0)
[664050.171017] ath_dev: Unknown symbol wbuf_release (err 0)
[664050.171042] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_computetxtime (err 0)
[664050.171069] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_free (err 0)
[664050.171095] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_free_vap (err 0)
[664050.171115] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_initialize_timer_int (err 0)
[664050.171134] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_antenna_gain (err 0)
[664050.171154] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_config_param (err 0)
[664050.171174] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_alloc (err 0)
[664050.171193] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_mhz2ieee (err 0)
[664050.171216] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_update (err 0)
[664050.171236] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_gettxrate (err 0)
[664050.171265] ath_dev: Unknown symbol osif_vap_init (err 0)
[664050.171293] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_detach (err 0)
[664050.171312] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_is_powersave_on (err 0)
[664050.171338] ath_dev: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_hw_trace_tx (err 0)
[664050.171361] ath_dev: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_hw_trace_rx (err 0)
[664050.171381] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_set_twice_antenna_gain (err 0)
[664050.171411] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_set_transition_time (err 0)
[664050.171430] ath_dev: Unknown symbol wbuf_alloc (err 0)
[664050.171449] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_is_precac_running (err 0)
[664050.171469] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_twice_antenna_gain (err 0)
[664050.171490] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_read_cachesize (err 0)
[664050.171510] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_set_antenna_gain (err 0)
[664050.171529] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_getCurrentCountry (err 0)
[664050.171552] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_enabledANI (err 0)
[664050.171571] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_timer_is_active (err 0)
[664050.171594] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_detach (err 0)
[664050.171614] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_create_vap (err 0)
[664050.171633] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_stop (err 0)
[664050.171653] ath_dev: Unknown symbol wlan_debug_dump_queues_tgt_register (err 0)
[664050.171679] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_dma_sync_single (err 0)
[664050.171705] ath_dev: Unknown symbol global_scn (err 0)
[664050.171729] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_set_mfp_qos (err 0)
[664050.171748] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_set_enable (err 0)
[664050.171782] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_readRegister (err 0)
[664050.171803] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_set_on_time (err 0)
[664050.171822] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_keysearch_always_war_enable (err 0)
[664050.171853] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_cleanup (err 0)
[664050.171876] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_start_timer (err 0)
[664050.171897] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_detach (err 0)
[664050.171917] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_initialize_timer_module (err 0)
[664050.171941] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_max_tx_chains (err 0)
[664050.171962] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_attach (err 0)
[664050.171989] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_set_enable_print (err 0)
[664050.172009] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_alloc_consistent (err 0)
[664050.172035] ath_dev: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_interference_chan_change (err 0)
[664050.172054] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_free_timer_int (err 0)
[664050.172074] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_get_on_time (err 0)
[664050.172093] ath_dev: Unknown symbol osif_vap_down (err 0)
[664050.172119] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_tx_complete_11n (err 0)
[664050.172141] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ieee80211_vaps_ready (err 0)
[664050.172160] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_device_info (err 0)
[664050.172183] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_unmap_single (err 0)
[664050.172202] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_get_enable_print (err 0)
[664050.172221] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_ioctl_debug (err 0)
[664050.172244] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_init (err 0)
[664050.172264] ath_dev: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_interference_detected (err 0)
[664050.172289] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_findrate (err 0)
[664050.172309] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_init_channels (err 0)
[664050.172331] ath_dev: Unknown symbol findCTLByCountryCode (err 0)
[664050.172350] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_get_tx_chainmask (err 0)
[664050.172372] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_maprix (err 0)
[664050.172402] ath_dev: Unknown symbol getCommonPower (err 0)
[664050.172428] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_get_enable (err 0)
[664050.172456] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_getmaxphyrate (err 0)
[664050.172475] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_newstate (err 0)
[664050.172494] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_start (err 0)
[664050.172521] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_map_single (err 0)
[664050.172541] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_getwirelessmodes (err 0)
[664050.183461] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_table_init (err 0)
[664050.183497] ath_dev: Unknown symbol wlan_update_radio_priorities (err 0)
[664050.183517] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_tx_complete (err 0)
[664050.183538] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_set_timer_period (err 0)
[664050.183561] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ieee80211_reset_client_rt_rate (err 0)
[664050.183605] ath_dev: Unknown symbol _ath_hal_attach (err 0)
[664050.183627] ath_dev: Unknown symbol green_ap_register_funcs (err 0)
[664050.183658] ath_dev: Unknown symbol num_global_scn (err 0)
[664050.183683] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_display_tpctables (err 0)
[664050.183702] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ieee80211_acs_get_param (err 0)
[664050.183725] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_free_consistent (err 0)
[664050.183745] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_set_config_param (err 0)
[664050.183771] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_attach (err 0)
[664050.183790] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ieee80211_acs_set_param (err 0)
[664050.183810] ath_dev: Unknown symbol __wbuf_uapsd_update (err 0)
[664050.183838] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_suspend (err 0)
[664050.183858] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_set_mcast_rate (err 0)
[664050.183889] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rxbuf_alloc (err 0)
[664050.183918] ath_dev: Unknown symbol findCountryCode (err 0)
[664050.183942] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_timer_is_initialized (err 0)
[664050.183961] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_newassoc (err 0)
[664050.183985] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_get_transition_time (err 0)
[664050.184004] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_cancel_timer (err 0)
[664050.184023] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_state_mc (err 0)
[664050.184050] ath_dev: Unknown symbol wbuf_release (err 0)
[664050.184075] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_computetxtime (err 0)
[664050.184102] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_free (err 0)
[664050.184128] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_free_vap (err 0)
[664050.184148] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_initialize_timer_int (err 0)
[664050.184167] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_antenna_gain (err 0)
[664050.184187] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_config_param (err 0)
[664050.184207] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_alloc (err 0)
[664050.184226] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_mhz2ieee (err 0)
[664050.184249] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_update (err 0)
[664050.184269] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_gettxrate (err 0)
[664050.184298] ath_dev: Unknown symbol osif_vap_init (err 0)
[664050.184327] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_detach (err 0)
[664050.184346] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_is_powersave_on (err 0)
[664050.184371] ath_dev: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_hw_trace_tx (err 0)
[664050.184395] ath_dev: Unknown symbol __avm_wlan_hw_trace_rx (err 0)
[664050.184415] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_set_twice_antenna_gain (err 0)
[664050.184445] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_set_transition_time (err 0)
[664050.184464] ath_dev: Unknown symbol wbuf_alloc (err 0)
[664050.184483] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_is_precac_running (err 0)
[664050.184503] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_twice_antenna_gain (err 0)
[664050.184525] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_read_cachesize (err 0)
[664050.184544] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_set_antenna_gain (err 0)
[664050.184564] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_getCurrentCountry (err 0)
[664050.184587] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_enabledANI (err 0)
[664050.184606] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_timer_is_active (err 0)
[664050.184629] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_detach (err 0)
[664050.184649] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_create_vap (err 0)
[664050.184668] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_stop (err 0)
[664050.184689] ath_dev: Unknown symbol wlan_debug_dump_queues_tgt_register (err 0)
[664050.184715] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_dma_sync_single (err 0)
[664050.184740] ath_dev: Unknown symbol global_scn (err 0)
[664050.184764] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_set_mfp_qos (err 0)
[664050.184783] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_set_enable (err 0)
[664050.184818] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_readRegister (err 0)
[664050.184838] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_set_on_time (err 0)
[664050.184858] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_keysearch_always_war_enable (err 0)
[664050.184889] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_cleanup (err 0)
[664050.184912] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_start_timer (err 0)
[664050.184933] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_detach (err 0)
[664050.184953] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_initialize_timer_module (err 0)
[664050.184978] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_max_tx_chains (err 0)
[664050.184998] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_attach (err 0)
[664050.185025] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_set_enable_print (err 0)
[664050.185045] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_alloc_consistent (err 0)
[664050.185072] ath_dev: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_interference_chan_change (err 0)
[664050.185091] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_free_timer_int (err 0)
[664050.185110] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_get_on_time (err 0)
[664050.185130] ath_dev: Unknown symbol osif_vap_down (err 0)
[664050.185156] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_tx_complete_11n (err 0)
[664050.185178] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ieee80211_vaps_ready (err 0)
[664050.185197] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_get_device_info (err 0)
[664050.185220] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_unmap_single (err 0)
[664050.185239] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_get_enable_print (err 0)
[664050.185259] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_ioctl_debug (err 0)
[664050.185282] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_node_init (err 0)
[664050.185302] ath_dev: Unknown symbol avm_wlan_event_interference_detected (err 0)
[664050.185358] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_findrate (err 0)
[664050.185379] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_init_channels (err 0)
[664050.185402] ath_dev: Unknown symbol findCTLByCountryCode (err 0)
[664050.185421] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_get_tx_chainmask (err 0)
[664050.185444] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_maprix (err 0)
[664050.185474] ath_dev: Unknown symbol getCommonPower (err 0)
[664050.185500] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_sc_get_enable (err 0)
[664050.185529] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_getmaxphyrate (err 0)
[664050.185548] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_rate_newstate (err 0)
[664050.185567] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_green_ap_start (err 0)
[664050.185596] ath_dev: Unknown symbol bus_map_single (err 0)
[664050.185616] ath_dev: Unknown symbol ath_hal_getwirelessmodes (err 0)

# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/qca_da.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/qca_da.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

a lot of messages inside the dmesg and all of them with the "Unknown symbol"

# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/qca_ol.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/qca_ol.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

a lot of messages inside the dmesg and all of them with the "Unknown symbol"

# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/aae.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/aae.ko': Invalid argument

[664658.471156] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!
[664658.480743] [wlan_config] Not enough parameters!

There is no modinfo command found in busybox and there are no dirs with the name of modules which are failed to load:

Code:
# ls -l /sys/module/
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 25 07:22 asf
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Aug 26 13:31 ath_spectral
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 avm
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 avmnet_config
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 block
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 cchardev
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 cprocfsmod
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 cpuidle
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 firmware_class
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 hui
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 ipv6
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 kernel
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 krextdmod
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:11 kspeedtest
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 loop
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Aug 25 07:22 mem_manager
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 module
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 module_mem
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 printk
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Aug 25 07:22 qdf
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 rng_core
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 spurious
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 tcp_cubic
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 workqueue
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 yaffs
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Aug 19 17:06 zram

EDIT:

the only approach (I can see) would be a check with an older (4.4.60-based) firmware - the used parameters should be readable from the modules part of sysfs (under /sys/module/<name>/parameters/...).

You mean to install 7.01 or 7.08 DVB-C firmware and check there? But that is for parameters and what to do with the "Unknown symbol in module" ?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
No output from first three modules? In my version of 1750E firmware, the first module with problems from your post above (ath_dfs) is from fourth line.

But anyway ... change the load order from file (in your mind) and put aae in front of all other modules, according to some earlier log files it's really loaded first (I did remember wrong). Most of missing symbols exist (it's possible to check ELF files from other systems, too, you don't need to do each step on the target device, e.g. a modinfo call is possible on either Linux system) and may be found in aae.ko. If this module wants some parameters:
Rich (BBCode):
vidar:~/._fritzbox/FR1750E/squashfs-root/lib/modules/4.4.60/net # modinfo aae.ko
filename:     ~/._fritzbox/FR1750E/squashfs-root/lib/modules/4.4.60/net/aae.ko
license:        proprietary
depends:
parm:           hw_interface:array of int
parm:           chip_type:array of charp
parm:           offload:array of charp
parm:           errata:array of charp
parm:           prodtest:int
parm:           patch_eeprom:int
or anything else:
Rich (BBCode):
# insmod ./lib/modules/4.4.60/net/aae.ko
insmod: can't insert './lib/modules/4.4.60/net/aae.ko': Invalid argument
, we (better you) have to find out, which values are used by AVM's wland to load aae.ko. I see two options ... either you try to be fast and find it out, while the module is kept loaded by 07.27 firmware (before wland gets shut down due to missing interfaces) or you try to get this info from an older firmware (as mentioned in my last post). Checking 07.27 firmware may be easier/faster, but it has at the same time a risk, that exactly those parameters are the reason for the later malfunction. But it's your decision ...

And PLEASE show the output of intermediate commands (from ifconfig to lsmod) after EACH SINGLE load attempt. I can't see, why it should be so difficult - simply start the log feature of your terminal program (it doesn't matter, whether you're using the serial console, a telnet session or something else - if your terminal program doesn't provide a log feature, change your terminal program) and copy the whole log to a CODE box. If you think, it's too large to get embedded -> attach it as text file. You MAY remove lines, you don't want to publish - but please use a manner, where it's additional work to remove some info (a higher hurdle) rather than to select it from elsewhere and to add it to your post - usually you'll rather drop some info here, because you don't want to copy it, too, and due to this manner such info may be missing (or have to be collected - by the assumption, nothing has changed - from older posts, what may be another source of misunderstandings, if they DID change and you didn't become aware of such changes). Only a minority of problems wasn't ever solved, because TOO MUCH info was presented ... not enough info is a much more common reason.

EDIT: And to get the kernel messages into a single console log with your entered commands and their output, set AVMDBG_EOF to 0 and run a cat /dev/debug in the background.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
hecking 07.27 firmware may be easier/faster, but it has at the same time a risk, that exactly those parameters are the reason for the later malfunction. But it's your decision ...

Managed to catch during startup (however there is no "parameters" dir inside the "aae" dir):

Code:
# ls -l /sys/module/aae/
-r--r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Aug 26 18:29 coresize
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Aug 26 18:29 holders
-r--r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Aug 26 18:29 initsize
-r--r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Aug 26 18:29 initstate
-r--r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Aug 26 18:29 refcnt
-r--r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Aug 26 18:29 taint
--w-------    1 root     root          4096 Aug 26 18:29 uevent

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
qca_ol                934400  0
qca_da                163952  0
ath_dev               242704  1 qca_da
ath_rate_atheros       33184  2 qca_da,ath_dev
ath_hal               360048  3 qca_da,ath_dev,ath_rate_atheros
umac                 1271952  3 qca_ol,qca_da,ath_dev
ath_spectral           30688  3 qca_ol,qca_da,ath_dev
ath_dfs                66304  3 qca_ol,qca_da,umac
qdf                    21840  8 qca_ol,qca_da,ath_dev,ath_rate_atheros,ath_hal,umac,ath_spectral,ath_dfs
asf                     6640  7 qca_ol,qca_da,ath_dev,ath_hal,umac,ath_spectral,ath_dfs
mem_manager             6752  2 qca_ol,umac
aae                   103968  6 qca_ol,qca_da,ath_dev,ath_hal,umac,ath_dfs
zram                   15360  1
krextdmod             250560 10
cchardev               15104  1 krextdmod
cprocfsmod              8960  2 krextdmod,cchardev
hui                   112272  2

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:3004 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:2582 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:1091121 (1.0 MiB)  TX bytes:582142 (568.4 KiB)

gmac0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

guest_ct1 Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 46:DF:CE:6D:B4:DB

RX packets:1370 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:2578 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:451580 (440.9 KiB)  TX bytes:581508 (567.8 KiB)

RX packets:298 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:298 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:177695 (173.5 KiB)  TX bytes:177695 (173.5 KiB)

wifi0     Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr 5C-49-79-4F-A8-90-00-37-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
          Interrupt:87 Memory:b8100000-b8120000

# ip a
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
2: gmac0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 128
    link/ether 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,ALLMULTI,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel master lan state UP group default qlen 128
    link/ether 5c:49:79:4f:a8:8e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
4: lan: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 128
    inet 192.168.188.20/24 brd 192.168.188.255 scope global lan
    inet 169.254.1.1/16 brd 169.254.255.255 scope global lan:0
    inet6 fe80::4049:79ff:fe4f:a890/64 scope link
5: guest: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 128
6: hotspot: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN group default qlen 128
8: guest_ct1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,ALLMULTI,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel master guest state UNKNOWN group default qlen 128
    link/ether 46:df:ce:6d:b4:db brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
9: wifi0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 128
    link/ieee802.11 5c:49:79:4f:a8:90 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

So indeed wifi0 iface created but stays in the DOWN state.

Some parameters for aae.ko may be found in kernel messages from earlier logs:
Code:
[   16.115851] [wlan_config] Given config is:
[   16.115872] [wlan_config]   hw_interface=0 chip_type=8 (scorpion) offload=1 (non)
[   16.115883] [wlan_config]   hw_interface=1 chip_type=11 (peregrine) offload=1 (non)

EDIT: Values for each interface should be specified as list (e.g. hw_interface=0,1 chip_type=8,11 offload=1,1) - at least I would expect/try this in a first attempt. But it seems that AVM's implementation of aae module is rather incomplete in other aspects, too, if there're no parameters exposed via sysfs. And intuitively I personally would have chosen a value of 0 for a "non" value of offload, if I had written this driver.

EDIT2: If you've loaded aae without further arguments and it took only the default values for parameters, this could be a reason, too, why there's no (virtual) parameters directory yet. I'm not sure (I would have to look for it first), whether default parameters should get exposed there, if no parameter at all was specified.

EDIT3: It's possible, too, that my assumption, what wland is waiting for, is/was wrong - but as far as I remember, the messages "can't find interface for station X" were emitted continuously for two different IDs, while wland was waiting. Due to the gathered knowledge, that wifi0 exists somewhere in the middle of initialization, I tend to be sure, that these messages don't regard the hardware interfaces and my (former) guess gets more plausible.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Values for each interface should be specified as list (e.g. hw_interface=0,1 chip_type=8,11 offload=1,1) - at least I would expect/try this in a first attempt. But it seems that AVM's implementation of aae module is rather incomplete in other aspects, too, if there're no parameters exposed via sysfs
Code:
# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/aae.ko hw_interface=0,1 chip_type=8,11 offload=1,1

[ 2055.069136] [wlan_config] chip_type parameter "8" invalid!
[ 2055.078488] [wlan_config] chip_type parameter "8" invalid!

with prodtest it starts:

Code:
insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/aae.ko hw_interface=0,1 chip_type=8,11 offload=1,1 prodtest=1 patch_eeprom=1

[ 2201.384133] [wlan_config] Prodtest is set. Using empty config!
[ 2201.387268] avm_net_trace: New net trace device 'WLAN Management Traffic' registered with minor 128.
[ 2201.387503] avm_net_trace: udev device avm_net_trace128 created

But I guess this is not what we are aiming for.

EDIT2: If you've loaded aae without further arguments and it took only the default values for parameters, this could be a reason, too, why there's no (virtual) parameters directory yet. I'm not sure (I would have to look for it first), whether default parameters should get exposed there, if no parameter at all was specified.
The logs from #116 was during the normal boot phase, I didn't manipulate modules with insmod.

EDIT: seems to be working ("chip_type:array of charp" and "offload:array of charp" so they should not be integer):

Code:
insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/aae.ko hw_interface=0,1 chip_type=scorpion,peregrine offload=non,non

[ 2975.097967] [wlan_config] Given config is:
[ 2975.097989] [wlan_config]   hw_interface=0 chip_type=8 (scorpion) offload=1 (non)
[ 2975.098001] [wlan_config]   hw_interface=1 chip_type=11 (peregrine) offload=1 (non)
[ 2975.101506] avm_net_trace: New net trace device 'WLAN Management Traffic' registered with minor 128.
[ 2975.101745] avm_net_trace: udev device avm_net_trace128 created

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
OK, I'll try to find out, how AVM implemented those arrays of values (as shown in parameters description with modinfo). It may take some time ... I've got higher prioritized tasks meanwhile. If I'll not answer again within three days (means Sunday midnight), please try to remind me - I tend from time to time to forget open problems, if they're not my own.

The next, quick idea (due to the "array of charp", what imho stands for "character pointer" and simply means a "string") would be to use the chipset names from the highlighted log lines: chip_type=scorpion,peregrine - but that's only, because I first didn't look further to the types of expected values. At the same time the offload parameter seems to use strings, too - this would result (probably) in a value like this: offload=non,non (according to the log lines). If this still doesn't work, you have to wait for my next post, as mentioned above.

@PeterPawn

Code:
# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/mem_manager.ko
# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/asf.ko
# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/qdf.ko

No new dmesg messages and no changes in "ifconfig -a" after each command above

insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_dfs.ko

[ 3610.550654] ath_dfs: Version 2.0.0
               Copyright (c) 2005-2006 Atheros Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:31660 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:18064 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:5468419 (5.2 MiB)  TX bytes:2790418 (2.6 MiB)

guest_ct1 Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr B2:3E:74:09:B8:21

RX packets:12125 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:17942 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3043396 (2.9 MiB)  TX bytes:2770955 (2.6 MiB)

RX packets:768 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:768 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:256536 (250.5 KiB)  TX bytes:256536 (250.5 KiB)

# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_spectral.ko

[ 3631.189676] ath_spectral: Version 2.0.0
               Copyright (c) 2005-2009 Atheros Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:32263 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:18579 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:5519825 (5.2 MiB)  TX bytes:2862795 (2.7 MiB)

RX packets:12180 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:18457 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3055995 (2.9 MiB)  TX bytes:2843314 (2.7 MiB)

# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/umac.ko

[ 3650.430626] _avm_ath_ext_attach_ieee:77

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:32854 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:19090 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:5569437 (5.3 MiB)  TX bytes:2930923 (2.7 MiB)

RX packets:12222 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:18967 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3067616 (2.9 MiB)  TX bytes:2911302 (2.7 MiB)

# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_hal.ko

[ 3711.817047] ath_hal: 0.9.17.1 (AR9380, REGOPS_FUNC, WRITE_EEPROM, 11D)

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:34024 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:20021 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:5688901 (5.4 MiB)  TX bytes:3063951 (2.9 MiB)

RX packets:12412 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:19896 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3114249 (2.9 MiB)  TX bytes:3044046 (2.9 MiB)

RX packets:785 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:785 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:259787 (253.6 KiB)  TX bytes:259787 (253.6 KiB)

# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_rate_atheros.ko

[ 3746.575822] ath_rate_atheros: Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Atheros Communications, Inc, All Rights Reserved

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:34565 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:20461 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:5737438 (5.4 MiB)  TX bytes:3124833 (2.9 MiB)

RX packets:12480 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:20335 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3129888 (2.9 MiB)  TX bytes:3104760 (2.9 MiB)

# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/ath_dev.ko

[ 3765.296487] ath_dev: Copyright (c) 2001-2007 Atheros Communications, Inc, All Rights Reserved

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:35158 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:20953 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:5788794 (5.5 MiB)  TX bytes:3189310 (3.0 MiB)

RX packets:12530 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:20826 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3143258 (2.9 MiB)  TX bytes:3169097 (3.0 MiB)

# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/qca_da.ko

[ 3808.488680]  JET_PRINT: init_ath_wmac[266]: Checking devid: 39
[ 3808.488700] __ath_attach: Set global_scn[0]
[ 3808.498875] Enterprise mode: 0x53fc0000
[ 3808.499179] Warning: ar9300_eeprom_restore_internal: No WLAN calibration in EEPROM!
[ 3808.499203] Error: ar9300_eeprom_restore_internal: No valid WLAN calibration found at all !!!
[ 3808.499303] ath_dev_attach: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3
[ 3808.499328] ath_attach[9711]: Device attach failed!, error[-6]
[ 3808.499545] ath_da_pci:  (Atheros/multi-bss)

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:36296 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:21909 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:5889300 (5.6 MiB)  TX bytes:3315829 (3.1 MiB)

RX packets:12651 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:21781 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3174137 (3.0 MiB)  TX bytes:3295436 (3.1 MiB)

# insmod /lib/modules/4.4.60/net/qca_ol.ko

[ 3875.071578] ath_ol_pci:  (Atheros/multi-bss)

# ifconfig -a
          RX packets:37825 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:23230 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:6024874 (5.7 MiB)  TX bytes:3505464 (3.3 MiB)

RX packets:12827 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:23100 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:3212025 (3.0 MiB)  TX bytes:3484745 (3.3 MiB)

RX packets:803 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:803 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:263090 (256.9 KiB)  TX bytes:263090 (256.9 KiB)

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.