Fritz!box voip Quality

mbox

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
13 Feb 2007
Beiträge
8
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
I use the fritz!box 5050 (12.04.26 firmware) for about a week with voipdiscount and the quality of the calls ismuch better compared to the simple fritz!box fon device (06.04.27 firmware).

Why this happens?
 
it's using a different (higher quality) voice codec?

from voipdiscount:
G.711 (64 kbps)
G.726 (32 kbps)
G.729 (8 kbps)
G.723 (5.3 & 6.3 kbps)
GSMFR (13.2 kbps)

if the fon was using g.729, and the 5050 g.711 that might explain things :)
 
How can I find out which codec my boxes use?

thanks
 
Einstellungen -> Telefonie -> Sprachübertragung:
You can find the active phone calls there
By activating "Detailinformationen beendeter Internettelefonate anzeigen und mit Push Service versenden" and a click on "Übernehmen" the ended phone calls also appear.

I hope your Fritzbox and your Firmware version does also have this menu entry.
 
Kostenlos!

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,931
Beiträge
2,305,829
Mitglieder
378,663
Neuestes Mitglied
Yheikjhrya