.titleBar { margin-bottom: 5px!important; }

Help - recovery FBF

Dieses Thema im Forum "FRITZ!Box tot? Recover, Firmware Up-/ Downgrade" wurde erstellt von radex, 22 Jan. 2007.

1. radex

radex Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    #1 radex, 22 Jan. 2007
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 22 Jan. 2007
    Hi,
    I've got Fritz Box Fon Annex B. There is installed german firmware 06.04.15. I changed Annex to A and it was working fine. But I did a stupid thing and tried to convert firmware to English. So I changed brandig via telnet:

echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env

and tried to use english recovery tool - the newest that is available at ftp.avm.de that is 06.04.01.

Unfortunately every time I got the message:

"FRITZ!Box Fon firmware is incompatible with the recovery firmware"

I think that could be caused by the fact that recovery is older version than already installed in the box. Am I right? Does anyone have a newer english recovery?

Any attempts to use german recovery 06.04.15 fail too with the same statement but in german.

I have no access to the box - neither via www nor telnet. It doesn't respond to ping.

Do I have any chance to bring the box back to life? Thanx a lot for any help or suggestions.

PS I have found a newer english recovery - 06.04.24 - but there is still information about incompatible recovery.

2. radex

radex Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    FBF is back alive :)

I tried all the time to use recovery for Annex A because it was set before attempt of changing firmware language. I was so desperate that I started to try every recovery for this model. And it worked, namely English recovery for Annex B.

Maybe it is so beacuse CONFIG_ANNEX='B' remained unchanged?