Help - recovery FBF

radex

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,
I've got Fritz Box Fon Annex B. There is installed german firmware 06.04.15. I changed Annex to A and it was working fine. But I did a stupid thing and tried to convert firmware to English. So I changed brandig via telnet:

echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env

and tried to use english recovery tool - the newest that is available at ftp.avm.de that is 06.04.01.

Unfortunately every time I got the message:

"FRITZ!Box Fon firmware is incompatible with the recovery firmware"

I think that could be caused by the fact that recovery is older version than already installed in the box. Am I right? Does anyone have a newer english recovery?

Any attempts to use german recovery 06.04.15 fail too with the same statement but in german.

I have no access to the box - neither via www nor telnet. It doesn't respond to ping.

Do I have any chance to bring the box back to life? Thanx a lot for any help or suggestions.

PS I have found a newer english recovery - 06.04.24 - but there is still information about incompatible recovery.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
FBF is back alive :)

I tried all the time to use recovery for Annex A because it was set before attempt of changing firmware language. I was so desperate that I started to try every recovery for this model. And it worked, namely English recovery for Annex B.

Maybe it is so beacuse CONFIG_ANNEX='B' remained unchanged?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.