Login after freetz installation

Hmail

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
First of all, I'm sorry this thread is in English, but I hardly speak any German, I can understand it mostly, but I don't speak.
Second, I just installed a new firmware on my Fritz!Box 7170, everything worked out great, and I was quite excited to start using the firmware, so I tried to telnet to the box. However, instead of asking just the password, which it used to do, it now asks a username and password. I haven't got the slightest idea which account information the box needs, so can anyone help me out?

The webinterface can be used normaly, however, I have an extra option "Freetz" in the left menu. I can't use that either, it asks for a username and password to.

For the record, this is what's going on if I try to telnet to my Fritz!Box:
Code:
henk@tiffany:~/freetz/freetz-1.0.1$ telnet fritz.box
Trying 192.168.178.1...
Connected to fritz.box.
Escape character is '^]'.
fritz.box login:

And this is the message I get when I try to enter the freetz menu on the web interface:
Code:
A username and password are being requested by http://fritz.box:81. The site says: "Freetz (user:admin)"

How do I get the account information? I tried using both user and admin as user accounts and passwords, I also turned password authentication of in the Fritz!Box off, but none of this works for me. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

I looked all over the wiki, but it's all German! Can you please give me a more specific link?

edit: Allright, I couldn't find it in the wiki, but the similair threads provided me a good link. For the next one: The default username is: root
The default password is: freetz

That's for the telnet access. The new option on the web interface doesn't work with that account. Must be something else, but at least I'm in the system now..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Please have a look here. Shouldn't be so hard to understand due to many English words...

MfG Oliver

- for telnet:
username: root
password: freetz

-for the web interface:
username: admin
password: freetz

In the german version of the FAQ is a description of the relevant users and passwords. User is root for telnet and admin for web interface, the password should both be 'freetz'.

Edit: ROTFL.

Thank you very much guys :D I already figured the root/freetz out on my own, but I didn't know about the admin/freetz. And as far as I can see now, that looks like a handy page.

Thanks for the help, and thanks for Freetz :D

In the german version of the FAQ is a description of the relevant users and passwords. User is root for telnet and admin for web interface, the password should both be 'freetz'.
I recently added this information also in the english FAQ.

Hallo *

ich habe ein ähnliches Problem. Nach dem Flashen der Box mit dem neuen Image scheint soweit alles einwandfrei zu funktionieren.

Versuche ich jedoch per telnet mich mit dem user Root pw: freetz anzumelden bekomme ich die meldung das dies nicht korrekt ist.

Ich habe mich darauf hin mit meinem user und meinem alten password angemeldet und sie da ich komme auf die box.

Um nun die Installation abzuschließen habe ich die Freetz Config auf dem webinterface aufgerufen, leider kann er die seite nicht öffnen und eine username / password abfrage kommt auch nicht.

Meine Frage nun wie kann ich die Installation beenden?

Danke schonmal im vorraus für eure Hilfe.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Wenn du schonmal Freetz drauf hattest, dann werden die Einstellungen gespeichert, du musst nicht nochmal von vorne anfangen.

Läuft denn der httpd?
Code:
ps | grep httpd

ja der http dienst lief.
Ich hatte vorher noch kein Freetz installiert, jedoch hatte ich meine Box schon manipuliert mittels der alten debug.cfg Datei.

Habe nun kurzerhand alles mal auf werkseinstellung gesetzt und alles nue geflasht mit meinen aktuellen einstellungen und siehe da es geht.

thx für die schnelle hilfe war bestimmt nicht die letzte frage :)

es hätte auch gereicht, wenn du dein debug.cfg geleert hättest...

MfG

das ist richtig, da ich aber noch merh in das system eingegriffen habe wollte ich mit einen frischen system starten deshalb habe ich es nocheinmal neugeflasht...

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.