Will Fritz!Box work in the U.S.?

darbid schrieb:
In my german speaking box see my signature for firmware I have this option. Do you have the same firmware as me?

If so then there is an ortswahl mod (mainly used for buster/stunt etc) which allows you to always have the box automatically dial a country code and area code in front of a number. This mod adds a couple of additions to these pages. Maybe this also awakens this extra line here too.

First check your firmware but.

My fritzbox has firmware:
FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050, Firmware-Version 14.03.89

I want all my calls to go out of my main VOIP line which is telasip. I just want to use all the other companies just to receive calls. Telasip is very affordable even for international calls.

MaLuBoB schrieb:
My fritzbox has firmware:
FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050, Firmware-Version 14.03.89
I want all my calls to go out of my main VOIP line which is telasip. I just want to use all the other companies just to receive calls. Telasip is very affordable even for international calls.

So you could update your box with newer firmware from AVM if you want.

I imagine that you call internationally a lot. Have a look at www.astratel.com.au they are reliable, work with the box G.711 and you can trust giving them money. For international calls they are to many countries AUS$0.19c per hour or about ¤0.11c PER HOUR. That is even cheaper than voipbuster and stunt now who are 10¤ for 4 months for 80 hours. Your call will have a long way to travel but if you are calling internationally it will anyway. I even use them for calls in Germany.

darbid schrieb:
So you could update your box with newer firmware from AVM if you want.

I imagine that you call internationally a lot. Have a look at www.astratel.com.au they are reliable, work with the box G.711 and you can trust giving them money. For international calls they are to many countries AUS$0.19c per hour or about ¤0.11c PER HOUR. That is even cheaper than voipbuster and stunt now who are 10¤ for 4 months for 80 hours. Your call will have a long way to travel but if you are calling internationally it will anyway. I even use them for calls in Germany.

I call the U.S. a lot so it's just cheaper for me to get a plan ith a U.S. based VOIP provider. I use telasip right now. They charge $14.95 unlimited calls to the U.S. so that's a great price I can't beat especially for how long I use it. If I were to pay per minute I would go broke.

Hi everybody living in the U.S.,

just to let you know: The original Power adaptor works with 110V quite well, though the print doesn't say so.

So you only need to get a converter for the connector.

I am using the Fritz!Box like this.

Cheers

Andy

[Edit Novize: Fullquote deleted!]

Hey Andy,

Thanks for the info. I hope that it will work for everyone like that. The worst that could happen is that the device just won't work so no real harm in trying.

@Trojafux: Just to avoid misunderstandings: You are using the original (german) 230V power supply with 110V ?

Just a different head for the plug - no transformer, nothing?

That would be good news!

Hi mrb90,

that is right. I found that with many modern power adapters that work based on transistors to step-down input voltage instead of coils and iron cores. You notice the difference by the weight of the power adapter.

As operating a 230V device with only 110V does not seem to be a high risk I just try it with every equipment that I get. If it works I save cost on buying and using a bulky transformer.

Enjoy using the FritzBox!

Cheers

Andy

Wow what a great thread!
First is it true about the multi voltage xfmr? Just adapt the end of the wire? Great!

Second are there really Fritz!box users in USA? Great!

I just got the 7140 to work with my DSL but now I have to change to cable because my quality of service was too bad: echo, delay, etc. I am hoping that the faster connection will solve the problem. But it took me a month to get the 7140 working with DSL. I may ask some questions here later... Thanx...
pfanta

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Lebeat
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.