[SOLVED]Help for installing freetz!!!

No, you don't have to wait. The only thing you have to do is to have a look at http://trac.freetz.org/changeset/3816 an redo the changes in patches/196-usbstorage.sh in your freetz-dir.
The easiest way ist to patch your dir with this patchfile (patch -p0 < patch.file)

Regarding ftp, yes, seems to be there, but it needs to be enabled first via the Lacie tools to work. It seems also to support uPnP streaming. I wonder, if you can directly mount the shares in Windows / Linux as a SMB Network drive.

The Freetz has ftp clients, I think there is also an smb client somewhere in the packages, but I am not sure.

When you say that I have to patch my dir, you mean that i should upload the parchfile i downloaded to my vmware freetz? Then go in my directory where everything is saved(7140) and give the command "patch -p0 < thenameofthefileidownloaded" Am i right? If so how can i upload the patchfile at my virtual machine?

You can download it directly using the Browser within the virtual machine.

I have only command line at the virtual...

Please use the above linked diff to patch your freetz-environment.
To download, please use wget, for patching "patch". But you could feel free to edit those simple line via "nano" or "vi(m)" on your commandline.

I cant find the "<" symbol to use the patch command and when i try to use nano or vim I make a huge mess..
I have an english keyboard which is different form the deutsch and there is no button for the german <.. Now what?

Why not use "svn up"?

@flame23
Can you please set a reasonable thread title? "Help/Hielfe!!!" is *piep*.

Regards,
Oliver

Wo hast du hier was von stable gelesen? Ich find nix?

@flame23
Which version of Freetz do you use?

Regards,
Oliver

Gestern wohl gemerkt stand da was von. Nicht umsonst hab ich die stable version ausgechecked und das getestet. Oder war das das Ticket? Und sein erster Beitrag ist heut Abend erst editiert.

Das Ticket drehte sich um die Freetz-1.1.

Mfg Oliver

I think it is the 1.0..
I downloaded it form here
Then updated and upgrated..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Not the freetz-linux version, which version of freetz you use.
Did you do a svn checkout with the trunk? or the stable-branch? Or did you download the 1.1.1-version? Or something different?

Yes with svn up it gave me 3817
Everything is normal now... Only it says that the new image is too big... I am at the run to remove stuff now... where can i find the size of the packets that i want to install or not? What patches to apply to earn some extra space?

This is also dependent on your special needs.

Finally, I managed to make the image!!..
To the next step now.. How to transfer it to the physical machine?

via Samba, ssh or ftp.
Username AND password is always: freetz

Which is easier to set up and how to use it?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.