[SOLVED]Help for installing freetz!!!

Try with push_firmware. It seems, there is a version check, that refuses to install the new firmware into the flash, because what you have in the end seems to be the original firmware.

Do you have the freetz subversion string in the upper corner of your UI?

What is the name of the file you are flashing? Are you using the images in

/images folder?

they should look like:

7270_04.70freetz-devel.en_20091104-113152.image

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I will be away from home for a couple of days so I wont be able to try it..
I am sure that I update with the right image..
To use the push_firmaware script I think it doesnt matter from which machine(physical or virtual) I will run it, right?

right, as long as you run it out of the tools-folder in your build-environment

hello people! I am back and i have problem again..
I tried the push_firmware but after the router comes back on after reboot i get a message ftp connect connection refused..
I tried it already several times and the results is always the same.. I have telnet on.. Should i enable ftp on router??? if so how?

It's straight forward:

You enter the command (with the right ip address of the box), you are asked to pull the plug to reset the box, and plug in again, the bootstrap loader recognizes the connection attempt and loads the firmware, after that it reboots again and everything is up and running - as far as I know, It's been a long time ago I have used it...

You need not configure something. It is the lowest layer bootstrap loader, that is involwed in the firmware flash, it always listens to his masters voice for a while when cold booting....;)

I have already tried that.. The problem is still there... Maybe i should firstly downgrade my firmware and try it again? Is it possible that my router is somehow locked?(I got it from my ISP) What should i eventually do to make it work? Am i supposed to be able to access the router via ftp normally? like ftp://192.168.178.1??

Sorry, on this point I have no Idea. Usually, there are some checks, if firmware fits to the hardware release etc. but probably some people out there know what to do in such a case, since there are also freetz patches for rebranded boxes (e.g. some speedport etc.).

But there is no clue that my box is rebranded... No sign image or a word about the ISP.. But I just cant understand why it doesnt work...

You must make sure that you start push_firmware between 2-5 seconds after the router is rebooted. Not sooner, not later.
And you must make sure that you have the right IP-address of the router and your local network is properly configured to access that address.

It doesn't matter what version of the firmware (if any) is present, and the branding also doesn't matter.

Output:
Code:
FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7140 Annex A-A-211206-000116-474637-740356-147902-390467-13494-avme-en

What do you mean that my local network should be properly configured to access the router address?.. I can access my router through my browser and i can connect via telnet so i think it is already configured...

I firstly started the push_firmware and then rebooted the box.. I will try to start it now after the reboot and see what happens...

What do you mean that my local network should be properly configured to access the router address?
When the Box is up and running, login to telnet and find out the BOOT-IP of your Box like this:
Code:
cat /proc/sys/urlader/environment | grep my_ipaddress
Afterwards check if the IP of your PC is within the correct IP-range

What is greb?
Code:
-sh: greb: not found

It is grep, not greb.

He meant that you will need to configure your network manually in the subnet, that the bootstrap loader has. This ist not surely the same as you normally use.

Sorry my bad...
Its something that i think might not be right..

Code:
my_ipaddress 169.254.18.1

Should i changed or add an address? how?

You could change this with
Code:
echo "my_ipaddress 192.168.XXX.YYY" > /proc/sys/urlader/environment
or set an ip out of this subnet on yxour linux machine.

To give my pc's ip 192.168.178.20 is ok?

Not if the bootstrap loader has another subnet.

Code:
my_ipaddress 169.254.18.1
Off-Topic: Never seen this address befoe, but does't matter.
Silent-Tears: do you think we should add this Ip to our Wiki here ?!?

Back-to-Topic: Imho the most simple way would be to change you PC's IP temporarily to e.g. 169.254.18.2
like Silent-Tears already mentioned in #78

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.