[SOLVED]Help for installing freetz!!!

The address is in the same class b net as others. Add it if you wish, but i think all others out of the appipa address space may be seen, too. I have had something like that after a recovery og my 7240 and resetted it to my needs as soon as possible.

It looks like a default-ip-address-if-there-is-no-dhcp-available-thing.

If you use vmware, you can set the player to bridge-interfaces, so your vm will have an ip address in the same subnet your pc has.

you can also set a static ip address if you want to, to your computer and / or to the vmware player.

I always connected to router via 192.168.178.1.. The 169.254.18.1 I saw it first time with that command..
I already have bridge interface at vmware...
What is the ip I changed? Itried both my pc and virtual ips but i think that is wrong and it didnt fix the problem..
My computer ip is 192.168.178.20.. So what ip address should i give?
I just didint get it..
I should use the command Silent-Tears gave me at #78 at my pc not at my router?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
First of all I would like to thank all of you for your time and help!!!
It finally "worked"!!!
That did the trick and i eventually flashed the firmware...
I had made an unstable image so i then flashed with another one which was ok.. In the second one i had selected to remove the samba daemon and the voip files due to space isssues(i dont if it matters)
My box was stable and i could access everything in the ui.. I Had all the freetz firmware stuff too!
However I couldnt connect to the internet... It opened google and youtube(didnt try to search) but not the forum site or anything else... It was loading and could open a page... It was like there was no in/out traffic at all..
Now i am back with the original one..
What do you think about that?...

I think your nameserver settings are broken with first time using freetz. There is a page in the freetz webinterface where you could change this. Imho you'll find 1278.0.0.1 in there where your provider's dns should be found. Give editing these settings a try. I hope your internet connection is useful again.

My settings or the resolv.conf are

Code:
nameserver 127.0.0.1

I think, the dns from the provider is delivered via dhcp on startup of the network. however, if there is an entry 1278.0.0.1 - this is definitely wrong.

Is your .config the same as you postet in #51 or did you build the new one with dnsmasq?
If you have dnsmasq in your image, this could also be the problem.
Dnsmasq is configured for autostart, and you haven't configured any dns-servers yet.

@devs: Maybe we should change the behaviour of dnsmasq so it does not start automatically the first time the box boots after flashing an image.

To tell the truth I dont know what happened but it is working!!!!!!!!!!
I flashed it again to check that setting and found that it was ok and i could surf the internet!!!!
Thank you everybody!!!!

PS:I have a few questions though about the transmission.. How do i access the web interface? What about the settings? Do i have to have the avm firewall package installed? I have the virtualip installed(cause i had read that that was needed to port forward the transmission port at fritz).. should i change that? I will connect a USB stick/hdd for the torrents to be saved there.. Will i have low speeds of that? What about to use NAS for that reason? Should i start a new thread about all this?

To tell the truth I dont know what happened but it is working!!!!!!!!!!
Only god knows what happend the first time :p

How do i access the web interface?
Standard port for transmission should be 9091, e.g. your-box-IP:9091. You can change the port via the transmission config-page in freetz.
Do i have to have the avm firewall package installed? I have the virtualip installed(cause i had read that that was needed to port forward the transmission port at fritz).. should i change that?
You don't need the VirtualIP-CGI when using the AVM-Firewall package as you can make your forwardings there. Newer boxes don't work with virtuaIP anymore.
I will connect a USB stick/hdd for the torrents to be saved there.. Will i have low speeds of that?
Should work youst fine. I don't hav any problems with that.

PS:I have a few questions though about the transmission.. How do i access the web interface? What about the settings? Do i have to have the avm firewall package installed? I have the virtualip installed(cause i had read that that was needed to port forward the transmission port at fritz).. should i change that? I will connect a USB stick/hdd for the torrents to be saved there.. Will i have low speeds of that? What about to use NAS for that reason? Should i start a new thread about all this?
If you can read German, I made a tiny Howto If thats a problem, I will translate it for you.
Problem is you expect to see Transmission appear somewhere in the Freetz-page on port 81 but it is not showing up. When you start the Transmission-daemon with parameters on the command-line you will get a webpage on port 9091. It confused me, and I am not the only one.

This behavior si solved in freetz trunk. If you don'T want to gibe the trunk a try (it's per default possibly unstable) then you have to wait for freetz-1.2 (when it'sd done ;) )

@ericplan & Silent-Tears: as long as his .config from #51 is the one he's using now, he does use the trunk, otherwise he couln't have chosen the transmission-cgi in menuconfig ;-)
Also there is no need to start transmission via command-line as far as he uses the trunk.

Just works!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@ericplan & Silent-Tears: as long as his .config from #51 is the one he's using now, he does use the trunk, otherwise he couln't have chosen the transmission-cgi in menuconfig ;-)
Unfortunately there a fault in RC.transmission in the current trunk. It mentions an unknown user named "bittorrent" to start the daemon. The daemon starts, but has no rights to access the USB-disk, not for reading, not for writing. I found out when I viewed the processes via PS.

That isn't a fault but a feature ;)
Sorry, any unprivileged user has per default no write-access to the attached devices.
You could try to use an folder on the deice and give the user bittorrent read and writeaccess. If you don'T know how to manage this: www.gidf.de

Sorry, any unprivileged user has per default no write-access to the attached devices.
You have to be aware that when a disk is fat32 formatted, you cannot CHOWN. And in that case, the user "Bittorrent" has insufficient rights for Transmission. Just a thought....

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.