Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

darbid schrieb:
Ahhhhh go on have a go. The worst that can happen is that you have to use the recover file. You could even try to use the english recover file and it might 5% chance accept it, but I doubt it.

No here is the post where you can see the script which converts other english firmware so that a german box will accept it.
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showpost.php?p=552654&postcount=3

As he is still looking at it I imagine it was not simply changing a few words.

Sorry to ask again but want to be sure...
Do i need to run just that (the modified image with the new typo) or i need to downgrade first and then run that?
If i need to downgrade which image should i use from this post?

http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=68979

kritikal

PS: I have the black german Annex B and i just want english / international but i want it to remain annex b as i have dsl over isdn.

ok you should really read that other thread in full because there are many people that have asked this question.

First forget your box for a second. What HAND did in this thread is that he took 3 english firmwares and he examined what the box checks during a firmware update. He then created a script which if you run that script with one of the three english firware versions that he gives then the script unpacks the image, changes it and then repacks it back up again. Then you can flash the new repacked version on your german box and it will be upadted with the english firmware.

Now the script only works with the versions you read there. One person said that with a very small change to the script it will work with the new versions. But up until now there has never ever been a 7050 english update so HAND has never included it in the script.

This combination of changes will not effect the annex that is something different.

These are the facts.

Now it MAY and i really have no idea and as I said i guess it is not that easy, to change his script so that instead of altering the english versions he has there it alters this greek version. That said, if it was easy i imagine either HAND or someone else would of done it. I am no expert so I have not even looked at it.

fritz box fo wlan 7050/ international

hello,

i have read everything in the forum concerning how to upload the international firmware but without any luck yet.

is there anybody who has managed to turn the german black 7050 tointernational or its still impossible

please reply!!

i am also attaching the international firmware for anybody who wants to try !!

trkostas schrieb:
is there anybody who has managed to turn the german black 7050 tointernational or its still impossible

Yes it is done. The firmware needed some modifications and thanks to Oliver and haveaniceday's scripts my german 7050 (black) now runs the 14.04.03-3499 firmware version. Not as nice as the shiny new interface on 14.04.12 + but at least its in english.

trkostas schrieb:
i am also attaching the international firmware for anybody who wants to try !!

Dont do that. its illegal. Send me a private message instead.

kritikal

kritikal schrieb:
Yes it is done. The firmware needed some modifications and thanks to Oliver and haveaniceday's scripts my german 7050 (black) now runs the 14.04.03-3499 firmware version. Not as nice as the shiny new interface on 14.04.12 + but at least its in english.
kritikal

can you please PM me the whole proccedure?

Thanks in advanced

As I've done with the classic FON_WLAN used danisahne-mod, I've updated the en version with the de build 08.04.15 and used it now for the last 3 days w/o problem.

I go further with the FON_WLAN_7050 and can make a build of de.7050.14.04.15 converted to en.7050.14.04.15 based on the EN language package 14.04.03-3499. So it is possible to do it. Right now I don't have a 7050 fritz to try it on.

Anhänge

• en.08.04.15.jpg
    en.08.04.15.jpg
    108.4 KB · Aufrufe: 118
voipmustbe schrieb:
As I've done with the classic FON_WLAN used danisahne-mod, I've updated the en version with the de build 08.04.15 and used it now for the last 3 days w/o problem.

I go further with the FON_WLAN_7050 and can make a build of de.7050.14.04.15 converted to en.7050.14.04.15 based on the EN language package 14.04.03-3499. So it is possible to do it. Right now I don't have a 7050 fritz to try it on.

I dont mind testing that on my 7050..The only issue is i think those firmwares have new functionality that didnt exist in 3499 so i am not sure what happens in that case. I am off on holidays though for 2 weeks i will look for you when i am back...

kritikal

Call routing

Hi! Sorry if this is an obvious question that has been answered dozens of times before, but I have a Fritzbox and am waiting to get broadband going so I can use it for VoIP. Can I configure it so that it only routes outgoing calls via VoIP if the standard line is engaged? I would think of using call divert for incoming calls to keep this line free for outgoing calls (paying for unlimited calls) and using it mainly for outgoing calls with VoIP as extra capacity. I may also set up several incoming VoIP numbers for different family members.
Thanks in advance.
Edward

EdEmbers schrieb:
Can I configure it so that it only routes outgoing calls via VoIP if the standard line is engaged?
I do not think so. I think actually it does the reverse, subject to the dial rules it will route a call out via the internet and fall back to the PSTN. I think you will have to set up a dial rule to use the "festnetz" and if that fails then you will have to dial *12X# and the number. Which will direct it to use one of your VOIP providers.

EdEmbers schrieb:
I would think of using call divert for incoming calls to keep this line free for outgoing calls (paying for unlimited calls) and using it mainly for outgoing calls with VoIP as extra capacity. I may also set up several incoming VoIP numbers for different family members.Thanks in advance.Edward
Not sure how you want to divert a phone call and then use that number but maybe that works. I would have thought even if it was diverted it would still be in use. Your best bet would be to get an ISDN line so that you have a number of phone numbers.

the procedure for changing the language is the same for the plain fritz box fon as it is for the 7050?
I do not know unix, can all those be done in a dos window within win xp?
can any one write the EXACT commands for changing the language?
(i have annex b dsl, so i do not need to change the annex)

nmout schrieb:
the procedure for changing the language is the same for the plain fritz box fon as it is for the 7050?)
the plain Fritzbox can be changed, the 7050 not yet.
nmout schrieb:
I do not know unix, can all those be done in a dos window within win xp?
can any one write the EXACT commands for changing the language?
(i have annex b dsl, so i do not need to change the annex)
have a look at this thread from start to end and try it. I learnt from zero too. http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=98352

avironjc schrieb:
Hello,

I have successfully convert my FRITZ!Box fon to English and annex A without editing any files. Here is the procedure I have used.

avironjc what are changes in the above procedure when I only need to change the language and not the annex in the plain fritz fon box?

does it now work without problems?

Faulty 7050?

I have bought a black Fritz!Box 7050 from Germany, thinking that this would give me VoIP easily but find that it won't work! Could someone advise on whether the box a dud or whether there is simply something else wrong, eg wrong cable used. When I switch on, the power light stays lit for a few seconds, after which it begins to flash, and a few seconds later the Info light comes on too. I have tried every cable I have for the DSL connection, I have also upgraded the firmware to Annex A (although can't see anything to confirm this) but it still won't work. Is the cable critical? Or should any DSL cable work? I understand it will work with 8mb broadband but am trying it with 2mb, is this an issue? A solid Info light indicates an internal phone call it seems, but phones won't work at all. I am happy for it to remain in German as I can follow it, I just need the thing to work!! Any ideas??????
Edward

Where are you? What's your ISP? What kind of service, ADSL over ISDN? Over analog line (PSTN)? SDSL? The Fritz won't work with the latter.

As for the cables, make sure the DSL line connects to the innermost 2 pins of the DSL jack and the analog line to the outermost 2 pins of the ISDN/ANALOG jack.

Thanks for the answer, I should have said that I am the UK so nothing highly sophisticated here! We can't get DSL over ISDN (or I would have it!) so it is the standard DSL over analogue. I have tried with BT Openworld broadband and also OneTel, both with the same results. Thanks for the info about connections, I was using the inner two DSL connections but not the outer two ISDN for analogue - would it refuse to work without the analogue connection? I would imagine that the DSL should connect without the analogue connection but perhaps not?
Thanks in advance for any more advice.
Edward

Screenshots On How To Change From German To Enlish Language

Please
Could You Be So Kind By Helping Me With The Screenshots

EdEmbers schrieb:
would it refuse to work without the analogue connection?

DSL is not affected. You only can't dial direct calls through the PSTN without that connection.

So the box must be dud then, because I have updated the firmware to make it Annex A and am already using the correct connections. I have not entered any account details, I don't think it will let me until the broadband connection is detected, I have also found that it seems to work for a couple of minutes and then the computer can't see it any more. So it looks like the "funktioniert einwandfrei" part of the description was not quite right!!:sad:

Fritz Box Fon Wlan 8.03.37.image contains both German and English web interface

Enybady help for me and send for email this image.
(Fritz Box Fon Wlan 8.03.37.image contains both German and English web interface)
Best Regards

Than Yoy Telefonicus for Yor mail.
One still question for Your description.To use what files as promissory notes ? Do I have uses this existing on forum or else you can it eats me to send I Greet I'm sorry behind my bad English .

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.