English firmware for german boxes

roadkiler schrieb:
I will have a new FB 7050 with international english software for a few days in my hand.
Congratulation.....Whilst AVM likes selling International Boxes (i think at higher prices) the German version is about 4 or 5 firmware versions ahead of the english one. I suggest you complain to AVM as I have done and have suggested to others. Sooner or later they will do something about it.
roadkiler schrieb:
Is it possible to download the firmware from the box and then upload it to my german FB 7050? and to anyone how want's it in the forum?
Yes but very difficult. Either in this thread or the other main english thread HAND identifies the problems.

What I am interested in at the moment is turning a german box into a paperweight and then using the ENGLISH_recovery.exe to rebirth the box in english. Then if they ever update the english firmware it should all function great.

I am not sure if it will work though as I have not tried it.

Warum kann ich nicht files download?

7050 English Firmware

EUREKA! :D

I have just found the latest english firmware for 7050 in a file named: "7050 annex bfirmware-avme-en-14.04.03-3499.image" at the Greek adsl forum. The user who has posted the image writes that it was e-mailed to him by the greek AVM agent. You can find the thread that includes the image file in three .rar files here (this is a link to a thread of another forum, not to the image files, I hope that AVM will not complain and this link will not be edited out). Of course you need to register to this Greek site www.adslgr.com to be able to download.

I have tried to apply the "haveaniceday" patch but it accepts only the 08.xx.xx, 11.xx.xx and 06.xx.xx images. I tried to rename my image as a 08.xx.xx image (the closest to 7050 I suppose) but it again failed:
Code:
[SIZE=1]xxx@yyy ~/fritz-en/fritz_avme_avm
$ ./fritz_avme_avm.sh
no image fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.04.01.image at /home/Γιώργος/fritz-en
/home/Γιώργος/fritz-en/fritz_avme_avm
no image fritz.box_fon.en.06.04.01.image at /home/Γιώργος/fritz-en
Use image fritz.box_fon_wlan.en.08.04.01.image as source
./var/
./var/tmp/
./var/tmp/kernel.image
./var/tmp/filesystem.image
./var/flash_update.o
./var/info.txt
./var/install
./var/chksum
./var/regelex
./var/signature
short read while reading SquashFS superblock at tools/dumpsquashfs line 227.
Can't call method "directory_walk" on unblessed reference at tools/dumpsquashfs
line 84.
./30_convertfs: line 12: cd: etc: No such file or directory
sed: can't read init.d/rc.init: No such file or directory
./30_convertfs: line 14: cd: default.Fritz_Box_*: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `avme': No such file or directory
./30_convertfs: line 34: cd: usr/www: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `avme/de': No such file or directory
./30_convertfs: line 42: cd: all/html: No such file or directory
sed: cannot rename ./fritz_avme_avm//sedU2opt3: Permission denied
sed: cannot rename ./fritz_avme_avm//sedldmWg2: Permission denied
rmdir: avme/cgi-bin: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `mkdir': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `mkdir/cgi-bin': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `mkdir/index.html' to `./html/index.html': File exist
s
ln: creating symbolic link `mkdir/html' to `/usr/www/all/html': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `mkdir/cgi-bin/system_status' to `/usr/bin/system_sta
tus': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `mkdir/cgi-bin/firmwarecfg' to `../../cgi-bin/firmwar
ecfg': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `mkdir/cgi-bin/capture_notimeout' to `../../cgi-bin/c
apture_notimeout': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `mkdir/cgi-bin/webcm' to `../../cgi-bin/webcm': File
exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `avm': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `avm/cgi-bin': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `avm/index.html' to `./html/index.html': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `avm/html' to `/usr/www/all/html': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `avm/cgi-bin/system_status' to `/usr/bin/system_statu
s': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `avm/cgi-bin/firmwarecfg' to `../../cgi-bin/firmwarec
fg': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `avm/cgi-bin/capture_notimeout' to `../../cgi-bin/cap
ture_notimeout': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `avm/cgi-bin/webcm' to `../../cgi-bin/webcm': File ex
ists
mkdir: cannot create directory `1und1': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `1und1/cgi-bin': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `1und1/index.html' to `./html/index.html': File exist
s
ln: creating symbolic link `1und1/html' to `/usr/www/all/html': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `1und1/cgi-bin/system_status' to `/usr/bin/system_sta
ln: creating symbolic link `1und1/cgi-bin/firmwarecfg' to `../../cgi-bin/firmwar
ln: creating symbolic link `1und1/cgi-bin/capture_notimeout' to `../../cgi-bin/c
ln: creating symbolic link `1und1/cgi-bin/webcm' to `../../cgi-bin/webcm': File
exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `aol': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `aol/cgi-bin': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `aol/index.html' to `./html/index.html': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `aol/html' to `/usr/www/all/html': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `aol/cgi-bin/system_status' to `/usr/bin/system_statu
s': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `aol/cgi-bin/firmwarecfg' to `../../cgi-bin/firmwarec
fg': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `aol/cgi-bin/capture_notimeout' to `../../cgi-bin/cap
ture_notimeout': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `aol/cgi-bin/webcm' to `../../cgi-bin/webcm': File ex
ists
mkdir: cannot create directory `arcor': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `arcor/cgi-bin': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `arcor/index.html' to `./html/index.html': File exist
s
ln: creating symbolic link `arcor/html' to `/usr/www/all/html': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `arcor/cgi-bin/system_status' to `/usr/bin/system_sta
ln: creating symbolic link `arcor/cgi-bin/firmwarecfg' to `../../cgi-bin/firmwar
ln: creating symbolic link `arcor/cgi-bin/capture_notimeout' to `../../cgi-bin/c
ln: creating symbolic link `arcor/cgi-bin/webcm' to `../../cgi-bin/webcm': File
exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `freenet': File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory `freenet/cgi-bin': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `freenet/index.html' to `./html/index.html': File exi
sts
ln: creating symbolic link `freenet/html' to `/usr/www/all/html': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `freenet/cgi-bin/system_status' to `/usr/bin/system_s
tatus': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `freenet/cgi-bin/firmwarecfg' to `../../cgi-bin/firmw
arecfg': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `freenet/cgi-bin/capture_notimeout' to `../../cgi-bin
/capture_notimeout': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `freenet/cgi-bin/webcm' to `../../cgi-bin/webcm': Fil
e exists
sed: can't read usr/www/all/html/de/fon/sip1.js: No such file or directory
File already contains the checksum, verifying
Calculated checksum is D2199934
Saved checksum is D2199934
Checksum validation successful!
./50_tarnew
-rw-r--r-- 1 Γιώργος None 2721032 Jul  1 17:26 fritz.box_fon_wlan.en.08.04.01.im
age.4/var/tmp/filesystem.image

/home/Γιώργος/fritz-en/fritz_avme_avm/fritz_avme_avm._fon_wlan.en.08.04.01.image
 created for upload.

no image fritz.box_fon_ata.de.11.04.01.image at /home/Γιώργος/fritz-en
no image fritz.box_fon.de.06.04.01.image at /home/Γιώργος/fritz-en
no image fritz.box_fon_wlan.de.08.04.01.image at /home/Γιώργος/fritz-en

xxx@yyy ~/fritz-en/fritz_avme_avm
$[/SIZE]
Please "haveaniceday", could you download the 7050 english image and adjust your script to work with it, or just tell us what to change - if we can do it without a patch - at the english 7050 firmware.

And you all, fritz 7050 users, download the english firmware as long as it exists at the link above and keep it until we find out how to install it in our boxes. Hurry.

Greetings,
GeoNolis.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Please someone help

Hi,
I have an Fritz!box fon ata 1020 with german firmware 11.04.01 and I want to modify it to English.I did step 1-3 but I got stuck on step 4. I am not familier with Linux.I download and install cygwin with perl. Where and which directory i have to put english firmware and script to work. Can anybody discribe it at dummy level.

Thanks in advance

Mashti

darbid schrieb:
I do not know anything about linux. Did you read this about what I did http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showpost.php?p=558047&postcount=10

You have to put the image one directory up. When you run the script you should get some output on the screen. Can you copy that and publish it here.

Thanks for answering!
Yes I start cygwin and a black box apear. What should I do then? where should I put english firmware and the script and how do I do.

Thanks
Mashti

Below is almost exactly what I did and what i typed. Just change the first file with your boxes english version. After the first two lines you simply type exactly what i have written below, starting with tar..... which unpacks (like upzip) the file ( you have down loaded this file as well it is a couple of postings into the thread)

I downloaded fritz.box_fon_wlan.en.08.04.01.image
I downloaded your script fritz_avme_avm[1].0.1.2.tar
tar xvf /fritz_avme_avm[1].0.1.2.tar
I put the image in home/user (one directory up from the fritz_avme_avm directory)
cd fritz_avme_avm
./fritz_avme_avm.sh

darbid schrieb:
Below is almost exactly what I did and what i typed. Just change the first file with your boxes english version. After the first two lines you simply type exactly what i have written below, starting with tar..... which unpacks (like upzip) the file ( you have down loaded this file as well it is a couple of postings into the thread)

I downloaded fritz.box_fon_wlan.en.08.04.01.image
I downloaded your script fritz_avme_avm[1].0.1.2.tar
tar xvf /fritz_avme_avm[1].0.1.2.tar
I put the image in home/user (one directory up from the fritz_avme_avm directory)
cd fritz_avme_avm
./fritz_avme_avm.sh

I got this error and I exactly did as you said. I am going to be crazy.I did it several times.

mashhadi@burken ~
$ tar xvf fritz_avme_avm.0.1.2.tar
fritz_avme_avm/
fritz_avme_avm/tools/
fritz_avme_avm/tools/tar
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/Makefile
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/tichksum
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/ckmain.c
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/ckmain.o
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/cksum.c
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/cksum.h
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/cksum.o
fritz_avme_avm/tools/find-squashfs
fritz_avme_avm/tools/mksquashfs
fritz_avme_avm/tools/mksquashfs.exe
fritz_avme_avm/tools/tichksum.exe
fritz_avme_avm/tools/find-squashfs.c
fritz_avme_avm/tools/dumpsquashfs
fritz_avme_avm/README
fritz_avme_avm/40_packfs
fritz_avme_avm/20_unpackfs
fritz_avme_avm/30_convertfs
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

mashhadi@burken ~
$ cd fritz_avme_avm

mashhadi@burken ~/fritz_avme_avm
$ ./ fritz_avme_avm.sh
bash: ./: is a directory

$ ./fritz_avme_avm.sh
bash: ./fritz_avme_avm.sh: No such file or directory

$ ./fritz_avme_avm.sh
bash: ./fritz_avme_avm.sh: No such file or directory

$

@geonolis
AVM have changed the compression of the squashfs. Therefor you must replace dumpsquashfs with this one. (requires Perl-Module unlzma)
Furthermore you need mksquashfs-lzma to pack the image.
As you can see that is much work to do...

@mashti
I downloaded the file and extracted it. Perhaps you should try another version of tar...
Code:
Oliver@Oliver ~
$ tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.15.1
$ tar xvf fritz_avme_avm.0.1.2.tar
fritz_avme_avm/
fritz_avme_avm/tools/
fritz_avme_avm/tools/tar
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/Makefile
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/tichksum
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/ckmain.c
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/ckmain.o
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/cksum.c
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/cksum.h
fritz_avme_avm/tools/TI-chksum-0.1/cksum.o
fritz_avme_avm/tools/find-squashfs
fritz_avme_avm/tools/mksquashfs
fritz_avme_avm/tools/mksquashfs.exe
fritz_avme_avm/tools/tichksum.exe
fritz_avme_avm/tools/find-squashfs.c
fritz_avme_avm/tools/dumpsquashfs
fritz_avme_avm/README
fritz_avme_avm/40_packfs
fritz_avme_avm/20_unpackfs
fritz_avme_avm/30_convertfs
fritz_avme_avm/fritz_avme_avm.sh
fritz_avme_avm/50_tarnew
fritz_avme_avm/10_untar
Oliver@Oliver ~
$

Greets, Oliver

I uninstall reintall cygwin again and then syddenly everything goes fine and a new firmware created.I uppload the new firmware into fritzbox and now beside power lamp ,all other 4 lamps blinking and i can't get into configuration page even with fixed IP.Nothing works and fritz doen't work at all:( . What should I do now.I have heard about recovery file but I don't have it.
Does every recovery works for me?

Thanks

mashti schrieb:
Does every recovery works for me?
I think this is the right one for you: Link
But don't ask me what went wrong. :noidea:

Greets, Oliver

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Firmware for 7170

Gentlemen, sorry for the off-topic!
Does anybody know where can I find the earlier versions of the firmware for 7170? AVM keeps only the latest version at their site and I need to downgrade, to get Haveaniceday's tar-files for switching to ANnex A working.
I would be happy with 29.04.02

THanks a lot!
Gorby

olistudent schrieb:
I thin this is the right one for you: Link
But don't ask me what went wrong. :noidea:

Greets, Oliver

Thanks for your help.I managed to give life back to FB fone ata.I tried once again with haveaniceday instruktion,everything to make a firmware went ok but upploading the firmware to FB fone ata gave the same dead FB as before :( .
All LED blinking beside power lamp.
Did anybody try to use recovery for english firmware in on a german dead FB? what result would I expect? totally dead ;)

I tried to use recovery for english firmware but unsuccesfull :( .After that I could recovered FB fon ata with german recovery with success.
I don't get it why instruction from haveaniceday won't work for me.
Any idea?

mashti schrieb:
I tried to use recovery for english firmware but unsuccesfull :( .After that I could recovered FB fon ata with german recovery with success.

I do not remember where, but in one of the main english threads I think telefonics tried and succesfully used the english recovery firmware on his german 7050 box.

mashti schrieb:
I don't get it why instruction from haveaniceday won't work for me.
Any idea?

The only thing I can think of is, did your box get new english firmware in the last couple of months? If so maybe it does not work with the newer firmware. Otherwise maybe HAND has an idea. Usually he is quick to reply. Maybe he is on holiday or on "English Holiday"

darbid schrieb:
I do not remember where, but in one of the main english threads I think telefonics tried and succesfully used the english recovery firmware on his german 7050 box.

The only thing I can think of is, did your box get new english firmware in the last couple of months? If so maybe it does not work with the newer firmware. Otherwise maybe HAND has an idea. Usually he is quick to reply. Maybe he is on holiday or on "English Holiday"

Thanks Darbid for answer
I used this english firmware 11.04.01.It said on the first post of haveaniceday that it should work. I tried twice haveaniceday's hack but the firmware it created, didn't work on my fon ata 1020.

It is very strange.I used recovery from swiss and english,both went through successfully but I coudn't open GUI, no matter how I tried.Then I used german recovery again and voila GUI opens. Isn't it strange?

7050 English Firmware

geonolis schrieb:
Please "haveaniceday", could you download the 7050 english image and adjust your script to work with it, or just tell us what to change - if we can do it without a patch - at the english 7050 firmware.
I just tried this firmware on a German 7050, and I can't find many differences. It’s definitely not worth the trouble. Just looks like the old firmware. It also seems to be missing the G.729 codec.

Anhänge

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.6 KB · Aufrufe: 69
Could you please tell us how you did it? Because my German 7050 box rejects the firmware even if I change the "avme" into "avm" in the install script. Just the change of language is enough for us.

I think that there are no codecs in the firmware. As I've read before, when people changed other german Fritz!box models into english there was no G.729 codec also. It seems that the box keeps the codecs it has on firmware upgrade.

babylonx schrieb:
Could you please tell us how you did it?
This how I did it, I:

- edited 'avme' to 'avm ' in the English image file with a hex editor;
- changed 'firmware_version avm' to 'firmware_version avme' on the Fritzbox, using telnet (no reboot!);
- uploaded the downgrade2.tar mod (only necessary for a downgrade);
- uploaded the edited firmware image.

After that the Fritzbox will reboot with the English firmware version. When using the hex editor, be careful not to add or remove any spaces to the image file (see attached images).

Anhänge

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    50.9 KB · Aufrufe: 83
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    51.2 KB · Aufrufe: 84
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.