Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 1&1 to Annex A ?

funxlab

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi everybody,
Sorry for posting in English as I am not proficient in German. I purchased Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 having 1&1 written on it. I want to use it in Qatar where we have Annex A. I want to change its firmware to Annex A English and looking for help from respected members of this forum.

What I did after reading instructions on this forum.

1- ftp 192.168.178.1
2- logged as adam2
3- ran following commands successfully

fully

quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV HWRevision,77
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7050_AnnexA
quote SETENV firmware_version,avme
quote SETENV firmware_i

and finally
'Bye'

But when I try to run fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.31.recover-image.exe and having fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.annexa.en.14.04.26.image in the same folder it gives me the following message:

"FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 suchen an: 192.168.178.1
Eine Anlage gefunden! - Ermitteln der aktuellen Version.
Version erfolgreich ermittelt!
Hardware: FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 (Annex A)
Urlader: 97
Firmware: 14.04.26
Firmware der FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 (Annex A) ist mit der Recover-Firmware inkompatibel"

:(

Before doing this when I could log into FritzBox web-menu, I noticed version

FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050, Firmware-Version 14.04.25

Please help as I am really in need to make this thing working to talk to my family for free on VoIP.

Best Regards.

Jim.

Hi and Welcome at the Board!

You cannot use the German-Recover-Image, you must imho use this one..

Hi and Welcome at the Board!

You cannot use the German-Recover-Image, you must imho use this one..

Hello and thank you,

I am using the same English Annex A recovery image i.e. fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.annexa.en.14.04.26.image as I mentioned in my post, but I am getting this message:

Code:
"FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 suchen an: 192.168.178.1
Eine Anlage gefunden! - Ermitteln der aktuellen Version.
Version erfolgreich ermittelt!
    Hardware:	FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 (Annex A)
    Urlader:	97
    Firmware:	14.04.26
Firmware der FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 (Annex A) ist mit der Recover-Firmware inkompatibel"

Please help.

Hi,

sry, i didn't read exactly. If you have had the .25 Firmware in German at the Box, you cannot take .31. You have to take the .15 and you can get it here...

Hi,

sry, i didn't read exactly. If you have had the .25 Firmware in German at the Box, you cannot take .31. You have to take the .15 and you can get it here...

Thank you. Is this a German firmware ? sort of downgrading of firmware ?

I want to change it to Annex A-English.

But when I try to run fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.31.recover-image.exe and having fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.annexa.en.14.04.26.image in the same folder
I think you misunderstood something. There is no such thing like a recovery "image".
For the recovery program, you don't need an image at all, since it is already included in the recovery program. Right now, you are using the german recovery program. Because you have changed the environment to English already, you have to use the english recovery program for Annex A now, from here: ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7050/x_misc/english/annex a/

I think you misunderstood something. There is no such thing like a recovery "image".
For the recovery program, you don't need an image at all, since it is already included in the recovery program. Right now, you are using the german recovery program. Because you have changed the environment to English already, you have to use the english recovery program for Annex A now, from here: ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7050/x_misc/english/annex a/

Thank you very much to both of you. I am so grateful. I will do it now and will give my feedback. Have a great evening :)

@KunterBunter, he bought a German-Box from 1&1 and i do not think, that he changed it into English. He only changed the Annex...

BtW, funxlab do not use Fullquotes please. It is against the Board-Rules... ;)

These are the prerequisites to recover with the english recovery program. He wants to change the box to "Annex A-English".

Exist only one procedure, MOST DANGEROUS.
You must change the bootloader (you can find it on the net) using telnet and recover your fritz to annex B 14.04.15 firmware. you must change the value of variables , and finally you can use the english annex A recovery.
You can find the whole procedure on the net in italian language.
(I'dt ested this procedure successfully)
Bye,
Massinge

I think the previous post will confuse our poor thread opener more than it will help.
There is no need to mess around with the bootloader. The correct one is in the box already.
Before doing this when I could log into FritzBox web-menu, I noticed version

FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050, Firmware-Version 14.04.25

FIRST OF ALL: Do at ANY means avoid to upload any recover or "normal" fw higher than 04.26!!!!! 14.04.26 was the last English fw for the 7050.
Worse even for you: AVM switched the Linux Kernel in fw 04.30 of ALL boxes from 2.4 to 2.6 and changed at the same time the layout and divisioning of the flash memory! Downgrading a box with fw => 04.30 to one lower than 04.30 is for a normal user very risky (this might be the procedure mentioned by "massinge").

Hopefully your box is still at 14.04.25?? If so, you should first try to find out the actual data of your box using ftp:

quote GETENV firmware_version

quote GETENV firmware_info

quote GETENV annex

quote GETENV bootloader_version

quote GETENV HWRevision

Post the answers. Think you should first ONLY debrand and change back to "neutral" avm (German) fw. 04.15. As there exists also an English fw 04.15 it should be possible to do the desired changes on this base to A and English fw.

@imagomundi, thx for your answer! I was on the way to contact you via PM to answer at the theme! :)

As well as i know the changeing of the kernel, i cannot explain it in english such as you can...

@KunterBunter

Yes I followed a thread on this forum somewhere and changed HWrevision, ProductID, firmware_version, and firmware info. But after restart of router as I couldn't see web configuration page, and router LEDs were continously blinking and router wasn't giving IP to laptop, I restored all above info to following:

quote SETENV annex,B
quote SETENV HWRevision,76
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7050_AnnexB
quote SETENV firmware_version,avm

and now again I can log into web-configuration page.

current info in ftp is as following:
quote GETENV firmware_version = avm
quote GETENV firmware_info = 14.04.25
quote GETENV annex = B
quote GETENV bootloader_version = bootloader_version environment variable not set.
quote GETENV HWRevision = 76

@ imagomundi

before anything through ftp I noticed that it was 14.04.25 in web-menu. Can you guide me how to debrand? After debranding German fw.04.15 (annex A ?) and then English fw 04.15 ?

@doc 456 Thank you once again :)

Thank you all of you for your replies, I hope I will be able to do it today. FritzBox is such a good thing that I want all my friends here to have it so we talk free :)

Can you guide me how to debrand?

"quote GETENV firmware_version = avm": Debranding is done already

First of all you should recover now with AVM-Recover-AnnexB 04.15. After that enter ftp again:

quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV HWRevision,77
quote SETENV firmware_version,avme
quote SETENV firmware_info,annexa.en.14.04.26

bye

DO NOT REBOOT - run IMMEDIATELY ENGLISH RECOVER 04.26 (you downloaded it before)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@imagomundi

Thank you for your reply. I used a cross cable before. Now as fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe doesn't run under Win7, I am using it on another PC with Windows XP, and it gave me some message to disbale medis-sensing and after that PC restared.

I found some information on medis-sensing ing

I have three questions:

1- Can I use a cross-cable as I don't have straight cable currently.
2- In fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe I should choose "NO" and manually edit registry entry to enable media sensing ?

3- PC Local IP address should be manually set to 192.168.178.2 during running of fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe ?

Thank you for your patience and helping. I owe alot to you guys. :)

Hi,
1- Can I use a cross-cable as I don't have straight cable currently. A: Yes, imho you can.

2- In fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe I should choose "NO" and manually edit registry entry to enable media sensing ? A: Yes, you can do so and don't Reboot the Machine, only start regedit again and close it.

3- PC Local IP address should be manually set to 192.168.178.2 during running of fritz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe ? A: Please take .100/24 without Standard-Gateway and DNS-Server
see the Answers inside, pls. ;)

1. It's good to use XP - many problems with WIN7 and even sometimes with VISTA when recovering

2. Before starting the whole procedure it is also good to change IP adress of your PC's LAN card to a fix IP which is not 192.168.178.1 (but leave gateway adress at 192.168.178.1) and to disable "media sense" in "registry" (taken from MS knowledge base):

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Add the following registry entry to the Parameters subkey:

Name: DisableDHCPMediaSense
Data type: REG_DWORD (Boolean)
Value: 1
This entry controls the behavior of Media Sensing. By default, Media Sensing events trigger a DHCP client to take an action. For example, when a connect event occurs, the client tries to obtain a lease. When a disconnect event occurs, the client may invalidate the interface and routes. If you set this value data to 1, DHCP clients and non-DHCP clients ignore Media Sensing events.

Restart the computer."

To enable "media sense" again simply set the value to "0".

Where can you / do you wish to choose "NO" in the recover-image?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.