Serial Port Pirelli NetGate

lynx_deb

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi guys, i've found your forum when i try to create a circuit to interface with a Pirelli NetGate VoIP V2, that is most similar to Siemens SX541 (same processor, voip chipset and flash)..

i've found the great guide of JOCKYW2001, and try to connet via serial to this router but i don't have any result..

the board of router is this:

and the J4 seems to be the connector (10 Pin) of serial interface, i've used an older interface for SpeedTouch Home (with MAX232) but in Hyperterminal i don't get anything..

can anyone help me?

Another thing: i've checked with a multimeter the pin 2,3 and 5, the five seems to be ground, 2 and 3 reports a voltage of 3-4volt

sorry for my bad english, i'm italian
thanks a lot!

hi there!
terminal settings are strongly recomended:
115200 8n1 hard and software control off. (sx541) may it serves you.

i use an pl2303 adapter, described as from jockey, but i have to sold a pull up resistor of 4,7k from rx to 3,3v

5 is ground 3 tx and 2 rx.

at moment i'm trying to figure out the layout of the jtag interface. present at one of the other unsoldered ports...

do you have any source code found for your router? is it gpl?

you have no wireless and only one lan port? what about usb? host-controler? 1.1?

better chanche for openwrt... lucky guy.

kepp us informed!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
heini66 schrieb:
hi there!
terminal settings are strongly recomended:
115200 8n1 hard and software control off. (sx541) may it serves you.

i use an pl2303 adapter, described as from jockey, but i have to sold a pull up resistor of 4,7k from rx to 3,3v

5 is ground 3 tx and 2 rx.

at moment i'm trying to figure out the layout of the jtag interface. present at one of the other unsoldered ports...

do you have any source code found for your router? is it gpl?

you have no wireless and only one lan port? what about usb? host-controler? 1.1?

better chanche for openwrt... lucky guy.

kepp us informed!

hi heini66, thanks for the reply!

this router use the same operating system of Siemens SX541 and it has one Ethernet and USB 1.1 controller inside..

for the serial console, i've used the setting that you've posted but i don't receive anything on HyperTerminal..
i've bought a cable for Siemens C25/S25/C35 etc etc from ebay, i hope that i can solve with this :(

thanks a lot!

Another board

lynx_deb schrieb:
Hi guys, i've found your forum when i try to create a circuit to interface with a Pirelli NetGate VoIP V2, that is most similar to Siemens SX541 (same processor, voip chipset and flash)..

i've found the great guide of JOCKYW2001, and try to connet via serial to this router but i don't have any result..

the board of router is this:

and the J4 seems to be the connector (10 Pin) of serial interface, i've used an older interface for SpeedTouch Home (with MAX232) but in Hyperterminal i don't get anything..

can anyone help me?

Another thing: i've checked with a multimeter the pin 2,3 and 5, the five seems to be ground, 2 and 3 reports a voltage of 3-4volt

sorry for my bad english, i'm italian
thanks a lot!

Hi,

I got a very similar equipment board but the brand is not pirelli. I didn't have any problem with serial port and the bootloader allowed me to dump the firmware and ran it through qemu. I built the cable on my own using a MAX3232. I just found only one hard issue, since the board didn't let me change the DSL mac address. Have you finally succeeded?

thank you,
Regards.

Heinz900 schrieb:
Hi,

I got a very similar equipment board but the brand is not pirelli. I didn't have any problem with serial port and the bootloader allowed me to dump the firmware and ran it through qemu. I built the cable on my own using a MAX3232. I just found only one hard issue, since the board didn't let me change the DSL mac address. Have you finally succeeded?

thank you,
Regards.

Hi, yes i've solve my problem with serial port and bootloader..
i just want ask you how did you do a dump of flash..

you can explain me?

thanks!

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.