Gigaset.net account setup in Fritz

prince7273

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I. have a N300IP and I have register an SL450 handset and it is working fine. I used to have the same setup to my moms house but recently I got her a Fritz 7530 router
and I register her SL450 in the fritz.
I used to be calling her using the gigaset.net internal voip account where the voice quality was a bit better. Now that she is using the fritz she does not have this account.
Do you know the details of this account so I can add it to fritz so we can still have access using the gigaset.net? I can use the username / pass which I can find from her N300 but
I don't know the sip registar, proxy and all other details.

Thanks
(Sorry for the english)

KunterBunter

IPPF-Urgestein
Punkte für Reaktionen
You cannot register a Fritzbox at gigaset.net. Only Gigaset devices can be registered there.

prince7273

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
How does gigaset know that the device is not a gigaset base station?
Does it check the SIP header and rejects the headers that do not have Gigaset string in the SIP header?
If someone knows the gigaset.net details I would like to test this theory

KunterBunter

IPPF-Urgestein
Punkte für Reaktionen
It's quite obvious. Even without knowing any details, you can feel free to test this theory.

• Sad
Reaktionen: sonyKatze

eisbaerin

IPPF-Urgestein
Punkte für Reaktionen
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Sad
Reaktionen: sonyKatze

LordLifthill

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen

sonyKatze

Aktives Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
KunterBunter, how can one test your statement without providing at least the registrar?
By the way, the MAC address of the box is not seen or transmitted to/by Gigaset.net.
I can use the username / pass which I can find from her [Gigaset] N300 [IP]
To answer your question literally, the Registrar is sip.gigaset.net. However, I doubt that Gigaset (GO-Box 100) → Web interface → Settings → Info Services → Password is valid for their SIP service as well. Is that just for the info services? I replicated the REGISTER message byte-by-byte with SIPp (except for the front-part of the Call-ID and the authorization) and still get 401 Unauthorized. Of course, I could be wrong with my branch, tag, or Call-ID generation. Anyone who is interested can get my SIPp XML scenario file to double-check.

Anyway, to answer your question indirectly, there are two alternatives: Your mom could …
a) … continue to use the Gigaset N300 IP by adding it as IP phone to the FRITZ!Box. Then, you disable DECT in that FRITZ!Box. Or​
b) … instead of Gigaset.net use a SIP service which allows direct SIP-URI access, too, for example …

prince7273

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Thanks for this effort.
Of course my mom still has the N300 but I was thinking to remove one box from her setup.
Since the mac address is not transmitted or the pass for the online services is not the password for the sip I am wondering
what else can it be
Anyway

Erhalten Sie 3CX für 1 Jahr kostenlos!

Gehostet, in Ihrer privaten Cloud oder on-Premise! Ganz ohne Haken. Geben Sie Ihren Namen und Ihre E-Mail an und los geht´s:

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.
oder via