Is possible convert (debrand) Fritzbox 7590 from German to International version ?

hard73

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi everyone.
Sorry for write my post in English. I don't speak german. If I want to read this forum I'm using S3 addon translator for Firefox.

I have Fritzbox 7590 in German version. I want to convert it to International. Is this possibile ?
I used Raspberry Pi provided image to upload Freetz Firmware by Prisrak (v7.20). Everything went with no issue. The main feature like Annex A is possible to change. Also select other language and region working perfect.
I faced only one problem. I cannot pernamently change brand from AVM do AVME even in Prisrak Web Interface. I tried by ftp login adam2/adam2 but with no success. Program shows all successfuly done but brand is still the same (AVM)
I cannot use Recovery file for International version.
Bootloader is blocked ? Any solution for this issue ?

There is no need to change the branding from avm to avme. The firmware version 7.20 for Fritzbox 7590 is identical for both. You won't find any differences. In other words: there is no international version anymore. :)

Reaktionen: hard73
I would tell it the other way round, there is no german version anymore, now identically with international version.

And BTW:
It is currently not recommended to use a Freetz-Image based on FRITZ!OS 7.20. It is better to use the official FRITZ!OS 7.20 Firmware-Image from AVM or modify it in "no-freetz-Mode" (for example).

For older FRITZ!OS-Versions, where the german and international Firmware-Images separated, see the following instruction:
https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threa...ei-fritzbox-auch-für-daus.203652/post-2281921

And for FRITZ!OS-Versions up to 7.1x (except 7.19) you can also use Freetz regularly.

or modify it in "no-freetz-Mode"
Unterstützt das freetz/freetz-NG/myfreetz/modfs/Yourfreetz oder sonstiger Trunk/Distri/Mod "out of Menu"?
Ich hatte neulich schonmal vorsichtig angefragt -imho im Bootmanager-Thread- aber die etlichen Hinweise wie Musst Du anpassen sind sicherlich nicht ganz einfach für die "Stille-Kämmerlein-Worker-in-Corona-Zeiten" zu bewältigen, die aus dem bunten "Thread-Strauss" hier sich das notwendige Wissen selbst erarbeiten können.

Die Git-Plattform/en zu durchschauen ist eher auch nicht jedermann/fraus Sache. Eigentlich sind die 7.20er Sourcen von AVM recht schnell/zügig für die 7590 bereitgestellt worden ... neben den 7.19er.

Vielleicht kommt der bekannte @qwertz.asdfgh der für das Debranding der 6490 ein recht geniales Standard-Werk geschaffen hat auch hiermal mit was einfachem um die Ecke?
LG

There is no need to change the branding from avm to avme.
Sometimes maybe, because there are 6 additional certification files at avme:

root_ca_jazztel.pem
root_ca_nl.pem
root_ca_swisscom.pem
root_ca_ta.pem
root_ca_ti.pem
tr069_ta.pem

Could be that they are somehow useful in foreign countries and not useless.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: KunterBunter
With the 7.20 version AVM removed the separate "International" and "German" versions of the firmware. In the new 7.20 you can set the language in the system settings, where you can also select Annex A or B.

Mmmm...
Was willst du ihm/uns damit sagen?
Das selbe steht doch so schon in #1.

With the 7.20 version AVM removed the separate "International" and "German" versions of the firmware.
A unified firmware image for all brandings does not necessarily imply identical behaviour for all brandings. Example: the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E. As far as I know the 1750E firmware has always supported both avm and avme brandings. I bought my 1750E in Germany with FRITZ!OS 6.93 and branding avm. The only available user interface language was German. I then rebranded the device to avme which made all supported user interface languages available. And IIRC the 1und1 branding causes at least a different initial configuration procedure on supported devices.

Thanks for all yours answers.
My conclusion is: I cannot change brand from avm to avme on Firmware v7.13 permanently

I want to downgrade to version 7.13

I tried to unpack this modded firmware, edit rc.conf (OEM=avme) and repack again follow instruction from the forum but it not working.

./fwmod -u -d myfolder von_Prisrak_7590_07_13_int_freetz-ng-30956M_20200507-164232.image
./fwmod -p -d myfolder von_Prisrak_7590_07_13_int_freetz-ng-30956M_20200507-164232.image

I got
WARNING: Firmware does not seem to be modified by the script
ERROR: selected branding "avme" is not supported by this firmware
ERROR: fwmod_custom script returned error 1

It is happend even atempted repack von_Prisrak firmware

Do you have any solution to repack modified firmware by Prisrak with modification rc.conf ?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.